Aspire Mini Gusto - Pod Types?

ace_d_house_cat

Elite Vaper
LV

Awards
Hey guys,

So after buying a Gusto Mini, trying it (Element NS20 pods) and hating nicotine salts, I immediately put it up for sale. After reading a few reviews, the wife hijacking my TWISP CUE and trying it a few more times (further cementing my hatred towards nic salts) :-D I have filled a pod with TWISP e-liquid and am liking it.

This got me thinking, do you get non-nicotine salts pods for this thing? It's actually really growing on me.

Hey guys,

So after buying a Gusto Mini, trying it (Element NS20 pods) and hating nicotine salts, I immediately put it up for sale. After reading a few reviews, the wife hijacking my TWISP CUE and trying it a few more times (further cementing my hatred towards nic salts) :-D I have filled a pod with TWISP e-liquid and am liking it.

This got me thinking, do you get non-nicotine salts pods for this thing? It's actually really growing on me.

@ace_d_house_cat No, you don't. All the Gusto pods are nic-salts.

Also maybe consider the Suorin Air with refillable pods system.
Depending on the juice used, you can get 6 or more refills before having to replace the pod.

@Pixtar But the pods would have to be refilled using nic salts juice and ace_d_house_cat doesn't like nic salts. sp any refillable pod system would be pointless.

You can use Twisp or any other high nic juice in most pod systems. You don’t have to use nic salts.

I've recently realised, to my detriment, that one has to be very careful with Twisp and use it in the specific Twisp device for which it is intended :-( otherwise it just doesn't taste right. So it's not only a case of using Twisp in a Twisp device, but in a specific Twisp device for which the juice was designed. That's why they have different ranges of Twisp juice. e.g. the Orange range is for use only in Twisp Orange devices. It's rather silly, I think.

As for other high nic juice - I have a lot of ordinary (i.e. not nic salts) juice 60/40 VG/PG that is high nic (12mg and 18mg). Surely that would be too thick to refill a pod?

I've recently realised, to my detriment, that one has to be very careful with Twisp and use it in the specific Twisp device for which it is intended :-( otherwise it just doesn't taste right. So it's not only a case of using Twisp in a Twisp device, but in a specific Twisp device for which the juice was designed. That's why they have different ranges of Twisp juice. e.g. the Orange range is for use only in Twisp Orange devices. It's rather silly, I think.

As for other high nic juice - I have a lot of ordinary (i.e. not nic salts) juice 60/40 VG/PG that is high nic (12mg and 18mg). Surely that would be too thick to refill a pod?

I hear you @Hooked

Once upon a time Twisp only had MTL low power devices - like the Clearo. So all their juices were designed for that. And it all worked perfectly. Now they have some higher power bigger airflow devices, so they have developed juices better suited for that...

I do think that selecting the right type of juice for one's vape hardware is an important thing - irrespective of the brand of juice or device.

I just pity the juice makers having to think of all the hardware types when making their juices...

I hear you @Hooked

Once upon a time Twisp only had MTL low power devices - like the Clearo. So all their juices were designed for that. And it all worked perfectly. Now they have some higher power bigger airflow devices, so they have developed juices better suited for that...

I do think that selecting the right type of juice for one's vape hardware is an important thing - irrespective of the brand of juice or device.

I just pity the juice makers having to think of all the hardware types when making their juices...

@Silver Other juice makers don't make juice for specific devices. Can you imagine that!

@Silver Other juice makers don't make juice for specific devices. Can you imagine that!

I know what you mean

But most juice makers try make their juices to suit a wide range of vapers.

Years ago it was on the low power devices - so thinner liquids and higher flavour and nic were important.
Nowadays there are more high power high airflow vapers - so the juices have tended to get thicker, less flavour intensity and much lower nic.

You will see some juice makers like JOOSE-E-LIQZ has a MTL range of some of their juices.

Is 60/40 still not too thick for a device like the Gusto Mini?
I can't give you an answer from first hand experience but based on the pic below, the wicking holes look relatively big and 60/40juices should wick fine. What is the VG/PG of the Elements juice in the actual pod?

img_20171208_0819385fsft.jpg

Quick search and a UK site states this. The juice in the POD is 65VG/35PG. If someone can confirm that, 60/40 should be perfect.

60/40 refills will be fine for the Gusto mini pods. Tried and tested.
Any dry hits after a refill is not necessarily the juice but maybe the pod itself perhaps. I used to get dry hits after a day on a new gusto mini pod (not all but a one or two pods from a bad batch). Call it faulty production due to mass production !?

I normally refill the pods with 60/40 juice works fine. Salt nic juices are coil gunkers and because of which you can refill it only two or three times.
On the contrary same juices doesn't seem to gunk my aspire breeze. One coil is lasting me for at least two weeks with several refills before they give up.

60/40 refills will be fine for the Gusto mini pods. Tried and tested.
Any dry hits after a refill is not necessarily the juice but maybe the pod itself perhaps. I used to get dry hits after a day on a new gusto mini pod (not all but a one or two pods from a bad batch). Call it faulty production due to mass production !?
It happened with me too. Bought a new pod and within few hours of light usage it started giving dry hits. Luckily the seller of the pod was kind enough to give me a replacement. I think it's the design of the pods, air gets trapped and tends to block the wicking holes. If you don't shake and tap the pod to remove the air bubbles, it tends to dry hit.

For @ace_d_house_cat and the other peeps who have responded on this thread:

Are you aware that All Day Vapes @YeOldeOke offers the following:
YOUR choice of nic level (you are charged accordingly - the higher the nic, the higher the price)
YOUR choice of volume
A BIG variety of really interesting flavours, some of which I've never seen elsewhere!
One-shot concentrates of their flavours (not sure if it's for some or all flavours - check on the website)

And 5% cashback as per a recent post by YeOldeOke.

Here's the website:
https://alldayvapes.co.za

And no - I'm not employed or involved in any way with All Day Vapes, other than buying from them!

EDIT: @ace_d_house_cat
I forgot to mention the most important thing !!!!

YOU CAN CHOOSE YOUR VG/PG RATIO !

How to do this: State your preferred ratio in the Notes section of your order - it's right at the end, somewhere near the payment or shipping options.

Last edited:
It happened with me too. Bought a new pod and within few hours of light usage it started giving dry hits. Luckily the seller of the pod was kind enough to give me a replacement. I think it's the design of the pods, air gets trapped and tends to block the wicking holes. If you don't shake and tap the pod to remove the air bubbles, it tends to dry hit.
yeah bud. I used to shake and tap the device a few times before each vape session. Although a pod that gave me dry hits was then refilled with twisp 50/50 8mg juice and it never gave a dry hit again!

Back