Aspire Nautilus

By the way, we missed you this weekend @Rob Fisher ;-)

Although I dont even have the Nautilus yet - I would be in for a steel tank too - if you are going to import...

Looking at the cost of the steel tanks from Ebay it might just be cheaper to buy spare tanks or even spare complete Nautilus units.

Will find an appropriate thread and give a short review there in a few minutes... So good to be back...

The fishing was really tough but I had an awesome day today despite the fishing conditions and got a 3rd position which really put me in a great position for the Natal Team to fish in the Nationals later this year! Whoooo!

It's a hell of a distance to Bivane and take around five and a half hours towing the 20' boat and the petrol costs R1,400 each way! :eek: But it's a beautiful dam in the middle of the bush and the accommodation is great with awesome view over the dam... and the full moon was simply stunning!

Sounds awesome Rob, where was this place?

I would also like one (Steel tank that is ) and share shipping costs etc. !

I would also like one (Steel tank that is ) and share shipping costs etc. !

Awesome! And so nice to find someone I know from WAY back WHEN! Derick and I used to play around on Bulletin Boards (BBS's) back in the days before the internet was around! So we have been messaging each other since the very early nineties! :p

Small Correction - Derek, not Derick ;) Remember how exited we got discussing our first cell phone. Now it's only vape gear !

Small Correction - Derek, not Derick ;) Remember how exited we got discussing our first cell phone. Now it's only vape gear !

Whoops! Sorry Derek! I remember well... I got my Nokia Brick from FNB for Six Grand! That was a huge lump of cash in those day! :D

Bummer... everytime I try and increase the order to 3 or more Steel Tanks for the Nautilus they slap on Import Duty! :mad:

So I have ordered 2 to see if they are worth it. R630 for the 2 including shipping. If they are as good as I hope they are we can try and make a plan to bring them in in quantity for all the forum peeps!

Naut-Steel1.jpg Naut-Steel2.jpg

Bummer... everytime I try and increase the order to 3 or more Steel Tanks for the Nautilus they slap on Import Duty! :mad:

So I have ordered 2 to see if they are worth it. R630 for the 2 including shipping. If they are as good as I hope they are we can try and make a plan to bring them in in quantity for all the forum peeps!

View attachment 2214 View attachment 2215

Thats crazy expensive.

Thats crazy expensive.

Agreed... but I need the steel tank... after having tried forty million atomisers and found Nirvana for now I think it's cash well spent if it saves 5ml of Vapour Mountain juice and a R80 replacement glass when ever I drop it again. :oops:

Ok, here goes, my initial impressions on the Aspire Nautilus.

Aspire Nautilus - First Impressions

Some background: I was looking for a no-fuss tank with a big capacity and great flavour for all day vaping at my workstation. I wanted to see if I could find something better than the two mini Protank 2 (mPT2) workhorses that have served me well.

I put it on the SVD, put in about 3 ml of VM Choc Mint (18 mg) and set it to 7.5 Watts. I chose this juice because I know it well. It's one of my all day vapes. I fitted a plastic flat driptip, which I prefer to the metal one that comes with it.

I vaped it for a couple of hours until now.

I also vaped it side by side against a mini Protank 2 (with a reasonably new stock coil) and the identical juice - on an iTaste VV also at 7.5 Watts.

Nautilus on SVD.jpg

I am very impressed!

Wow - the flavour is really good! VM's Choc Mint shines. The chocolate is a bit richer than what I'm used to on the mPT2 and the mint is fresher, purer and stronger. I am so impressed with the flavour that I'd say its fairly close to that I get on the dripper (intensity and power aside). Maybe even as much as 50% more flavour than the mPT2 - hard to measure these things, but that's what it feels like. Just pure flavour - no strange tastes whatsoever. So pleasurable. I am really happy with the flavour. Can't wait to try it out on other juices.

Throat hit is decent - Definitely more than the mini Protank 2. Not in dripper league, but that has to do with the power. Increasing the power ups the throat hit a bit, but at 11 Watts, it's still not near the dripper. But for this all-day tank, I wanted something with great flavour and a mild throat hit. And this delivers extremely well on that. I tried the different airflow settings and like the smallest hole. I prefer a tighter draw. Gives me a little more throat hit.

Vapour is good - I am not concerned too much with vapour but I would say it is a bit more than the mPT2 at the same draw tightness (I'd say about the second smallest hole). Bigger airholes increase the vapour production. You can take lung hits directly on the biggest hole.

The other amazing thing about the Nautilus is just how smooth the vape is. Silky smooth and superb performance from the first puff. No issues at all in the first few hours. On the small airhole and with my plastic drip tip this tank is also remarkably quiet. Sometimes you have to pay careful attention to know if it's actually firing.

Against the mini Protank 2 (stock coil against stock coil), I can say that on first impressions, there really is no contest for me. The Nautilus has far better flavour and improved throat hit on the same juice at the same power.

Let's see how it performs over time, how long the coils last and how durable it is.

My mini Protanks are starting to get a bit worried ;-)

Ok, here goes, my initial impressions on the Aspire Nautilus.

My mini Protanks are starting to get a bit worried ;-)

Awesome review Hi Ho... and any stock left at any of the Vendors will now disappear! Thank the Pope I got my 4th Nautilus today! My mPT2's are nervous and even the mPT3 is a little worried. :D

Awesome review @Silver. It's a good product for sure and I haven't heard a bad thing about it. Pity I haven't touched mine in weeks and must dust it off for a twirl again sometime soon :cool:

View attachment 2214 View attachment 2215
Have you tried a kayfun type atty yet? If not, it might be a good idea to rather spend R400 on that, compared to ss tanks for the nautilus? I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Edit: only saw now you've already ordered.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

I know the Nautilus is scarcer than Hen's Teeth at the moment but if anyone is looking for a decent sized tank that vapes like a boss then get yourself a Nautilus... I have it on the Sigelei 20W at 9 watts with VM Menthol Ice and the only thing that comes close (in my current arsenal) is the REO!

hens_teeth-590x409.jpg

Back