Aspire Nautilus

Great, thanks Rob - how does the Nautilus compare to the PT2Mini then?
Throat hit and flavour are my main requirements...

I find the PT2Mini gives me good flavour, slightly better than the PT2 Mega and the Twisp.
Throat hit is juice dependent but on the same juice at roughly the same power its pretty similar to the PT2Mega.

I still love the PT2 Mini and despite my mates wanting to buy them I still keep the four I have because I use them to change flavours often... but I don't know if it's just the awesome power of VM Menthol Ice that I have in the Nautilus but I really do think there is nothing to touch the Nautilus for all round orgasmic vaping. I should have a second Nautilus on Monday or Tuesday and then I'll test it with some of the fruity VM Juices... so full review only Tuesday or Wednesday next week. :p

No problem Rob, looking forward to hearing your more in depth comments. Enjoy it!
I also like my Mini!

I'm on my thirst refill on the Nautilus and it remains my favourite device and spends all it's time on the SVD... It's capacity and it's vapability (not sure if this is a real word but you know what I mean) is just streets ahead of the other devices... I find I'm most comfortable on the second biggest hole for airflow... which brings me to the only niggle with the Nautilus and that's when it's in my pocket occasionally when I grab it to take a vape the ring that controls the air flow has moved and when it moves it stops the airflow completely and when I take a puff and there is no give and my eyes go cross eyed with the vapour lock... a few choice words and I move the ring back over one of the holes and I'm back and happy.

But they could make the air ring selector a little stiffer on their next release.

Be careful when its in your pocket. Mine snapped of the base.
dahuduqy.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those are some sexy looking tanks

got a question for you guys, can one go back to a coil operated atty after using a RBA?

as tempted as i am to get a nautilus because of the reviews, im also drawn back by my question above.

got a question for you guys, can one go back to a coil operated atty after using a RBA?

as tempted as i am to get a nautilus because of the reviews, im also drawn back by my question above.

That is a brilliant question, I too would like to know before I get my hands on an RBA

@Riaz I use both. Admittedly the RBA gets more vape time but I use a Protank daily and occasionally an EVOD.
I prefer the RBA but don't have an issue using either. Could be different for others though.

Oh that is a scary question... are you saying once you have gone the RBA route that's the end of the standard stuff??? Ooooo not sure I like that idea! :eek:

@Riaz I use both. Admittedly the RBA gets more vape time but I use a Protank daily and occasionally an EVOD.
I prefer the RBA but don't have an issue using either. Could be different for others though.

Phew that's a relief! :p

In my opinion, I would not be able too. Have tried to use my PuriTank (Protank Clone) again and the draw is too tight and not enough flavor an vapor. I am so use to the Kayfun at this stage i would want to try the nautilus first before I take out the cash to get one with 5 spare coils.

That is a brilliant question, I too would like to know before I get my hands on an RBA
In my experience - no, you cannot go back on a permanent basis. Acquired the Nautilus and Aerotank to satisfy my curiosity on that question and to know a little bit more when forumites talk about them. Both good systems, but just cannot compete with the likes of a Russian/Kayfun, Aqua, Ithaka or a Reo for vape satisfaction. For those times that you do some mindless vaping they are fine for me. Of course, if your Nautilus or Aerotank or whatever does the job for you and is entirely satisfactory, there is no need to go the RBA route. I went there because I required something more.

Last edited:
thanks @Matthee

thats exactly what i needed to hear :)

i didnt wana buy one and then find out exactly what you just said.

Pure Vaping Pleasure!

SmokTech SID with and Aspire Nautilus Tank with Vapour Mountain Menthol Ice!

Vape 017.JPG

I am still very keen to give the Nautilus a try. As you say Rob, for special juices that can be vaped for a long time.

I am still very keen to give the Nautilus a try. As you say Rob, for special juices that can be vaped for a long time.
@ silver you will not be sorry with nautilus .for the very first time im using the same tank tank for 2 days straight and i normally chop and change to find my satisfaction with differenrt tanks always looking for a reason to replace the coil and the juice etc, not with this baby nautilus she is the best standard replacement coil tank i have used to date .the flavour pops out,the flavour reminds me of my protank mini 2 on steroids clean flavour although i never really like the protank mini 2 much ..the flavour in their was real good.the nautilus even better.the airflow ajustment on this Thing works like it should ..the perfect person to review my pipes would be my dad ..and when i gave to him last night he had a couple of drags ,looked at me and said ..die is nog jou beste pyp van al jou ander pype .

Thanks @mohamed
Appreciate the feedback.
Will be keen to try it.

@Silver that is most certainly the way forward... no shadow of a doubt! I dropped one of mine while waiting for my burger and chips at Steers on the way home from fishing... broke the pyrex tank! Thank the pope I ordered a spare tank just in case... Just in case has arrived! I need to get one of those stainless steel ones from the USA!

@Rob hectic ...im so carefull with mine ..im actually considering getting another as im so chaft with this ...im digging the steel tank aswell .so how mich was the glass going for again?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

@Rob hectic ...im so carefull with mine ..im actually considering getting another as im so chaft with this ...im digging the steel tank aswell .so how mich was the glass going for again?

Replacement is R80.

http://eciggies.co.za/New_Stuff/Aspire-Nautilus-Replacement-Glass

I think I'm going to have a serious look at bring in some stainless steel ones... I was hoping one of the vendors would jump on it but I guess it a bit niche for them... Will keep you posted!

Thanks Rob, sorry to hear about the break

Do tell us how was the fishing!
And also ........ how was the REO?

Back