Banting

Depends how obese you are and how quickly you lose the weight. When I got sick I put on the kilos quite quickly and I have a few stretch marks on my arms and my lower belly. Excess skin and stretch marks are just par for the course, better a few cosmetic issues than diabetes/heart disease etc. - also they can corrected with surgery/time if they really bother you.
Thanks @Feliks Karp . Been crash dieting since my mid 20s but it never lasted. This time though I am taking it slow. Think being diagnosed with diabetes recently was actually a blessing in disguise as the change in lifestyle has really started helping with the weightloss.

I absolutely love my flab.
Rather the flab than the extra 67kg

Add a good quality collagen(not cheap crap), make lots of bone broth to add to your daily foods.
Great for the gut health and skin all over.

Change your mind set to what you will walk away with and all the amazing benefits coming your way.
Thanks @Bumblebabe . I also read up on bone broth benefits & looking to give it a try.

I do agree with you though regarding the benefits outweighing the drawbacks. The few changes I've made to the diet/lifestyle have left me feeling great. Can only imagine how good its gona feel once I'm close to goal weight.

We all deserve so much more.

When looking back at the last 3 years, I realize that I am not that person anymore. Have not been her for a very long time.

Looking at the photo you may think first of the weight loss, but I’m taking about the ME. The tired and emotionally drained me, sad and scared and shy and trying very hard to hide. Please just don’t see me, don’t point at me or call out to me, that ME.

I like the ME now. I want to be me
I love being me!! I want to see other people, I want to help and be there. I want to show up
I want to dance and sing and feel the joy, the joy I gained and love so much.
The pure joy that I appreciate every single day in every moment

That is what my wish is for each and every one, everywhere.

Find your joy, loving life is what it’s about for me 5E3A6201-2754-4751-9691-DBECFF5CFCA2.jpeg1427E34E-799F-4C1B-8F70-715D404FBC70.jpeg

Today is World Chocolate Day, but that doesn't mean that Banters and/or diabetics need to feel sorry for themselves!
Here's some of my favourite Banting recipes. I've included the links but I don't know if they still work, since I downloaded these recipes a loooong time ago.

Hot Chocolate for One
http://www.bantingwarehouse.com/banting-blog/recipes/item/hot-

¼ cup cream
4 tsp butter (I use salted butter, but you can use unsalted butter if you wish.)
4 tsp cocoa powder
1 tsp Xylitol

In a cup or small microwaveable bowl, heat the cream, butter, cocoa powder and Xylitol. Microwave for about 30 seconds on High (100% power).
Stir very well to dissolve most of the cocoa. Not all will dissolve. This is fine.
Pour the hot chocolate into an espresso mug or small cup. Drink immediately. Use a teaspoon to get to the thick cocoa at the bottom. Delish!

DALENE’S TIPS: (the creator of the recipe)
• Need a bit of a kick? Add a tiny pinch of cayenne pepper to the hot chocolate.
• In need of a little comfort? Add a sprinkle of cinnamon to the hot choc.

Tim Noakes Chocolate Fat Shake Recipe

http://paleopower.co.za/tim-noakes-chocolate-fat-shake/
This is a great option not only for endurance athletes, but also for anyone who is struggling to control their appetite or weight.
• 150ml full cream milk
• 50g butter (again, organic is best)
• 50ml cream
• 200ml coconut cream
• 1tbsp sugar-free hot chocolate, cocoa powder or some chunks of 80% chocolate
• ¼ tsp salt
• optional – add fresh or frozen berries, vanilla extract, almond nut butter
• for extra sweetness you can also add xylitol or stevia

• For the cold version…
Blend the mixture with a stick blender, drink & enjoy

• For the hot version…
you just need to warm all the mixture above in a saucepan, blend & drink

"Nutella"

This one is my favourite - probably because it's ready within a minute!

Total Carbs: 25.1g
Total Sugar: 4.1g

1 tbsp nut butter (peanut / hazelnut / macadamia
1 tbsp cocoa
1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
Xylitol to taste

Stir until smooth … and guzzle!

My comment:
Peanut butter: For me it needs a little sweetener, but I'm not a fan of xylitol. The macadamia butter is the best as it has a naturally slightly sweet flavour.

Back