Banting

Nice!

I started banting at 178kg

3months got down to 139... fell off wagon now hovering around 150kg

Will jump back on LCHF as soon as my SO finds employment as I just cannot afford all the bacon on one salary.

I had to lose weight urgently. I could not get up from working on the floor under a car anymore... turned into one of those embarrassing roll over jump up moves every time. Just hand enough and decided to do it.

I mever stopped Soda though... just started buying Coke Zero and it did not affect my weightloss at all.

Next time though I am going water as my only beverage... I will try anyway.

My mother lost over 50kg now also. She just hit 99.8kg a week ago and I am so proud of her.

I hope I get down to 100 also bit i will be a long journey losing another 50kg especially being 1.97m tall with a big frame.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

Nice!

I started banting at 178kg

3months got down to 139... fell off wagon now hovering around 150kg

Will jump back on LCHF as soon as my SO finds employment as I just cannot afford all the bacon on one salary.

I had to lose weight urgently. I could not get up from working on the floor under a car anymore... turned into one of those embarrassing roll over jump up moves every time. Just hand enough and decided to do it.

I mever stopped Soda though... just started buying Coke Zero and it did not affect my weightloss at all.

Next time though I am going water as my only beverage... I will try anyway.

My mother lost over 50kg now also. She just hit 99.8kg a week ago and I am so proud of her.

I hope I get down to 100 also bit i will be a long journey losing another 50kg especially being 1.97m tall with a big frame.

Well done!! :)

40kg in just 3 months is incredible!!

The sooner you start again the better.
The problem with the sodas is not the weight loss, its the chemicals that will come back to bite you one day.

Well done to your mom, I am so happy for her too:campeon:
It really is life changing :D

Well done!! :)

40kg in just 3 months is incredible!!

The sooner you start again the better.
The problem with the sodas is not the weight loss, its the chemicals that will come back to bite you one day.

Well done to your mom, I am so happy for her too:campeon:
It really is life changing :D
Everything in the world that exists is made up of a chemical bond so my fear of chemicals are gone. Mostly.

I am still very afraid of dihydrogen monoxide though.

Awesome! I'm a Banter - have been for 4 and a half years...lost 25 initially and have been maintaining ever since.
I'm one of those 'strict ones' and have not 'cheated' since the get go. My only sweet indulgence is vaping!
Nice to see there are more of 'us' here!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Awesome! I'm a Banter - have been for 4 and a half years...lost 25 initially and have been maintaining ever since.
I'm one of those 'strict ones' and have not 'cheated' since the get go. My only sweet indulgence is vaping!
Nice to see there are more of 'us' here!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi @Rude Rudi

That is awesome well done :D

Great to meet another "strict Banter":hi:
The effects of the gluten hits me personally very hard. Long list of bad health gone with in months of starting.
Cheating is just not an option and the food it too good to even consider it :cool:

Will share some of our favorite recipes :)

Best pizza ever.
No fuss base

2 big hand full grated cheddar
1 hand full grated mozzarella
1 tbsp Parmesan powder
2 eggs
Garlic
Italian herbs
2 tbsp coconut flour
2 tbsp yogurt

Mix all together and spread out on an extra large baking pan covered with baking paper. You must use the paper.
Keep spreading, you'll get used to how to do it. I use a teflon spatula. Bake on 180C for 10-15 min, or till golden.
Option to turn and bake for another 5 min.

Take out and cool for about 5 min.
Add topping and bake till top cheese is melted.

My topping
Tomato spread first, tomato paste mixed with garlic.
2/3 covered with sliced small tomatoes, cooked ham (not processed stuff), salami, green pepper, mushrooms and mozzarella.

1f603.png
1f603.png

Totally njummies
2764_fe0f.png
❤️

The whole lot makes 6 servings, so we breakfast on the rest

13620828_10209747044493915_7213649576587983715_n.jpg 13592750_10209747044893925_128727754771024565_n.jpg 13590253_10209747045173932_220832380318552958_n.jpg 13612244_10209747045413938_818789600279188178_n.jpg

Hello Banters!
Join this thread and tell us of your experiences with Banting.

I started Banting last year and lost 13kg. in about 6 months. I had never felt better; I was full of energy; my moods were stable ... in general, I was a happy-chappie.

As a diabetic, I found Banting to be the perfect eating plan, because carbs are a no-no for both diabetics and Banters. What I loved most about Banting was the increased fat!! Oooooh nothing better than to be "forced" to eat bacon, a lamb chop with lots of fat, fried fish .... Oh my!!! All the things that I love!

Have you noticed anything about my post? Have you perhaps noticed that it's written in the past tense? Here's the thing - I was doing so well on Banting until I walked into Spar one day (it's all their fault). I saw packets of Xmas mince pies. Who could resist that? I bought a packet of 6, with the intention of eating one and giving the rest to my neighbour. It didn't happen.

That was Dec. 2016; it's now Dec. 2017 and I just haven't got back on track. From time to time, yes, but as Banters know, Banting is all-or-nothing. Time to time just doesn't work.

New Year's Resolution: Back on Banting!!

Hi @Hooked
Have moved your post and Rob Fisher's reply to the existing Banting thread
Take a look, quite a lot of banters on the forum it would seem

Banting is a good start but not suited for everyone. I need 60-80g of carbs a day else I hit the 3's on my monitor very quickly, and using a CGM I have seen high 2's while I sleep, which prompted the doctor to take me off of glucophage at the beginning of the year so my liver could dump a bit of sugar for me.

Intermittent fasting in my opinion is just as important as low/moderate carb intake, it stimulated far more visceral fat burning for me which is probably a bit more important than abdominal fat burning.

Can vouch for @BumbleBee and his wife, he was super helpful when I asked questions and put me on the right track, his wife @Bumblebabe has an awesome facebook page, just don't write bad reviews ok @Hooked ? :-D

Banting is a good start but not suited for everyone. I need 60-80g of carbs a day else I hit the 3's on my monitor very quickly, and using a CGM I have seen high 2's while I sleep, which prompted the doctor to take me off of glucophage at the beginning of the year so my liver could dump a bit of sugar for me.

Intermittent fasting in my opinion is just as important as low/moderate carb intake, it stimulated far more visceral fat burning for me which is probably a bit more important than abdominal fat burning.

Can vouch for @BumbleBee and his wife, he was super helpful when I asked questions and put me on the right track, his wife @Bumblebabe has an awesome facebook page, just don't write bad reviews ok @Hooked ? :-D

@Feliks Karp Could you pls. give me the link/name of Bumblebabe's FB page? I promise :lipssealed:

Anybody up for a Banting/Atkins challenge? I am clocking just short of 100 whereas I should be around 80. I'd be happy getting to 85 though.

Getting a small group together for moral support and information sharing of each others efforts would be a good motivator.

Regards

Anybody up for a Banting/Atkins challenge? I am clocking just short of 100 whereas I should be around 80. I'd be happy getting to 85 though.

Getting a small group together for moral support and information sharing of each others efforts would be a good motivator.

Regards

I'm Keen - not 100% Banting but rather keto. Very similar though and would appreciate the support!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd be keen, just find it expensive as wife is pregnant and would have to cook two meals

What ya all doing while I’m not looking :inlove:

@Feliks Karp well done ✅
Yes find your own balance.
Even @BumbleBee ’s carbs are higher, or he starts looking like a skeleton :confused:

Kido does very well on low carb (25-50g)

Hi Everyone

I do groups for Banting beginners and seasoned Banters.
Its online and comes with manuals and recipes. You also get the first week meal plan to start with.
We keep it simple and the support is there when you need it.

I qualified as a Banting coach in 2016 and have been coaching over 200 people. I am backed by Sally Ann Creed, she is the nutritional therapist behind the Banting movement. I am studying further through the Australian nutritional council.
We do the individual coaching because one size does not fit all. We find what works for you.

Also there are many cost effective short cuts that may help you reach your goal.
Each person that signs up automatically joins my permanent group for continued support and help where needed.

We have a love all approach where no one gets left behind.

As fellow vapers, we could do our own group ;)

Pm me for more details

Hi Everyone

I do groups for Banting beginners and seasoned Banters.
Its online and comes with manuals and recipes. You also get the first week meal plan to start with.
We keep it simple and the support is there when you need it.

I qualified as a Banting coach in 2016 and have been coaching over 200 people. I am backed by Sally Ann Creed, she is the nutritional therapist behind the Banting movement. I am studying further through the Australian nutritional council.
We do the individual coaching because one size does not fit all. We find what works for you.

Also there are many cost effective short cuts that may help you reach your goal.
Each person that signs up automatically joins my permanent group for continued support and help where needed.

We have a love all approach where no one gets left behind.

As fellow vapers, we could do our own group ;)

Pm me for more details
Great news, thank you @Bumblebabe. Just confirmed I am one Big Mac with large fries away from tripple figures.
DSC_0668.JPG
Urgent intervention is needed.

PM incomming.

Regards

Hey guys . This is not so much banting related but couldn't thing of a better place to ask.

Are any of you experiencing sagging/hanging skin during your weightloss? I've seen pics of people that lost a lot of weight & the excess skin at the end looks terrible.

Started dieting about a month ago & need to lose around 30-40kgs. A little worried about the saggy skin after I'm done losing the poundage

Hey guys . This is not so much banting related but couldn't thing of a better place to ask.

Are any of you experiencing sagging/hanging skin during your weightloss? I've seen pics of people that lost a lot of weight & the excess skin at the end looks terrible.

Started dieting about a month ago & need to lose around 30-40kgs. A little worried about the saggy skin after I'm done losing the poundage

Depends how obese you are and how quickly you lose the weight. When I got sick I put on the kilos quite quickly and I have a few stretch marks on my arms and my lower belly. Excess skin and stretch marks are just par for the course, better a few cosmetic issues than diabetes/heart disease etc. - also they can corrected with surgery/time if they really bother you.

I absolutely love my flab.
Rather the flab than the extra 67kg

Add a good quality collagen(not cheap crap), make lots of bone broth to add to your daily foods.
Great for the gut health and skin all over.

Change your mind set to what you will walk away with and all the amazing benefits coming your way.

Back