Best allround RTA and best allround RDA

I like your choices
It's not my choices, but thanks this is what the forum chose as good allrounders.
And for RDA's there seem to be a few name as well.
Nudge,goon 22, drop , recurve and Petri and reload seem to have come up alot as good allrounder Rda's
So the choices should be fairly simple for any forum member who wishes to make a change,or needs a decent Rda that brings forth overall versatility

Juggernaut airflow just doesn’t work for me, I’m a 510 restricted DL person.

I have to say i have never tried the Zues so cant comment

There's zues i tried was very restricted but a hard draw does the trick.No spitting or gurgling for the amount of airflow needed to Vape on it.but like I said it wasn't mine to play with. The flavour was good ,but have not had enough time to play and figure it out.
The Zues might just work for you Bud.

I've tried a lot of the popular RDAs from the hadaly to the flave, the recurve, entheon, solo, drop 24 and 22mm, the krma, the pulse, the gr1 and old faithful the wasp. While they all have pros and cons the only rda I keep returning to for literally any type of juice is the Advken Gorge.

I use many of the above for specific flavour profiles but I find it's the Gorge that can produce the best flavour with any juice.
Thanks for your reply bro. I read about the Gorge somewhere on the forum.
Read it was good too.
So added to the list it is

I will add in the Skyline aswell as it was also mentioned a few times.

But then again you still just vape one flavour profile. So the dvarw might be good in the office or at home,but not when you on a construction site and off the grid.the aim is to get the best all round performer so the majority of the forum can have options to choose from when we out working and like to change flavours. I can get 9 Dvarw'so as well ,but how will I juggle it with a hammer in one hand and pouring concrete with the other?
Have a look at the drop dead as well.

I have one and it’s my go to work RDA for a few reasons:

It’s easy to build and wick
Flavour is excellent
It holds a mountain of juice so you don’t need to drip all the time
It’s really well made and sturdy. I work in the scrap metal industry so you can imagine what I put my atties and mods through
Top airflow so you can literally pour juice in instead of dripping. It holds so much juice it’s almost a tank o_O

If you have Vaped many different flavour profiles in you RTA/RDA and it proved good allround performer. Let us know what they are.
And to answer the original question I have vaped ry4’s to fruity menthols in the drop dead and they’re all tasty in it.

Will do bro!
Have a look at the drop dead as well.

I have one and it’s my go to work RDA for a few reasons:

It’s easy to build and wick
Flavour is excellent
It holds a mountain of juice so you don’t need to drip all the time
It’s really well made and sturdy. I work in the scrap metal industry so you can imagine what I put my atties and mods through
Top airflow so you can literally pour juice in instead of dripping. It holds so much juice it’s almost a tank o_O

This is what i find best for me. Using only TKO Ice Pick juice.

IMG_2687.JPG

This is what i find best for me. Using only TKO Ice Pick juice.

View attachment 154712

Wow, what a lineup @Ash !
I see 3 Dwarves, a short dwarf and a Skyline (i bet the flavour on the Skyline is very good for that juice)
In the front, the one looks like a Skyfall but i dont know what are the others?

Wow, what a lineup @Ash !
I see 3 Dwarves, a short dwarf and a Skyline (i bet the flavour on the Skyline is very good for that juice)
In the front, the one looks like a Skyfall but i dont know what are the others?

Many Thanks

No doubt the skyline is a True winner for Ice Pick. RdA line up from left is Venna, Skyfall, Citadel and Armor 2.0. But here the winner is the Skyfall and hoping to add more to my collection soon

Many Thanks

No doubt the skyline is a True winner for Ice Pick. RdA line up from left is Venna, Skyfall, Citadel and Armor 2.0. But here the winner is the Skyfall and hoping to add more to my collection soon

Thanks!
That Skyfall..... :)8--):--P

Thanks!
That Skyfall..... :)8--):--P

I just can't justify the price of a Skyfall....

Does it produce that much more flavour than say a Pixie RDA (same airflow design)? JayBo rated the Pixie as his new top RDA.....

I love my DR24 so maybe a Drop Dead is in the cards....but for now I'm happy.

I just can't justify the price of a Skyfall....

Does it produce that much more flavour than say a Pixie RDA (same airflow design)? JayBo rated the Pixie as his new top RDA.....

I love my DR24 so maybe a Drop Dead is in the cards....but for now I'm happy.

TBH, the vape in terms of flavour for me, all are the same in my mind, But the skyfall is just a smooth draw. Flavour is tad more crisp. Hard to over squonk and just easy to build on.

Vaping with Vic is one of the reviewers I enjoy watching. He rates the Cthulhu Mjolnir as best single coil rda for 2018. Dont know if anyone stock it in SA.
Also rates Vapefly as best new company and all their mtl options he rates high
This is his best and worst for 2018, a bit long

What ive learnt through the years, there is no RTA/RDA that can be singled out as everyone's vaping style is different. In the end its what works for you and what you can afford.

For me, its the Elevate and Zeus single. The elevate just beats the Zeus as i hate wicking the Zeus.
RDA for me is the little Wasp

Last edited:
Best all round dual coil RDA in my opinion, in terms of flavour is the Reload X. The reload 1.5 is very close but I think I tend to prefer the X as it doesn't leak as easily. Beats the Goon 22. I've owned almost all of the popular dual coil RDA's.

@Resistance try the hellvape AEQUITAS RDA not over hyped but the flavour on all profile juices is amazing it kills the drop and drop dead,it is on par with the Goon in my opinion.

From the ones I have had this year I would place them according to my preferences:

Dual coil rta - Reload, when coil placement is prefect and wicking correct
Single coil rta - Dvarw rta
Dual coil rda - I loved the Reload X, gets a bit hot though
Single coil rda - The citadel has great flavour, but after I bought the profile rda with the nexmesh I just couldn't put it down.

I used to hate mesh, but for me the find of the year was the profile rda. Yes it uses a lot of cotton. But just the ease of installing the mesh and wicking (the strips of TFC elite fit perfectly) just is a win for me and slap it on a dual batt squonker you have a great no fuss setup with proper flavour. I havent put it down since I bought it. Might be too airy/cloudy for some folks. I find the flavour optimal with the top row of airholes closed down.

I have been putting my reload rta thru its paces for about 3 months now and must say i ger really awesome flavour from it lower wattages not so much but prob because i also enjoy higher wattages vaping i get awesome flavour from fruity right thru to desert flavours. I run 2 of my own aliens in it its tri core 28 aliened with 38 all kpn80. Also i must say for rda i am basicly just on 22mm singel coil rdas when it comes to flavour they are the best. I have the o atty x witch is amazing aswell as the citidel. I do own a skyfall rda but could one say its good alround cus of the price and also availabillity but yes by far the best rda i have ever used un terms of flavour chaser rda for singel coil. Also i have used quit alot of duel coil rdas and for me the best was still the tm24pro by twisted messes and the djv rda was also really good allround

What ive learnt through the years, there is no RTA/RDA that can be singled out as everyone's vaping style is different. In the end its what works for you and what you can afford.

For me, its the Elevate and Zeus single. The elevate just beats the Zeus as i hate wicking the Zeus.
RDA for me is the little Wasp

True @Smokey joe the aim is for the best all rounder from our forum members opinions,so the most favorite two or three or even twenty can be picked out as top contenders.
And that list will be compiled as 2018/2019 best choices for everyday use.
And as we go along and new stuff come on the market the new forum favorites can be added.
The criteria will stay as follows.
Ease of use
Hardwearing
Flavour change
Not bad looking
Size
Non leaking
Etc.
The normal things the end user looks for in a general use Rda/Rta.
An by the looks of things one of your favorites the Zues has been mentioned a few times.

Last edited:
From the ones I have had this year I would place them according to my preferences:

Dual coil rta - Reload, when coil placement is prefect and wicking correct
Single coil rta - Dvarw rta
Dual coil rda - I loved the Reload X, gets a bit hot though
Single coil rda - The citadel has great flavour, but after I bought the profile rda with the nexmesh I just couldn't put it down.

I used to hate mesh, but for me the find of the year was the profile rda. Yes it uses a lot of cotton. But just the ease of installing the mesh and wicking (the strips of TFC elite fit perfectly) just is a win for me and slap it on a dual batt squonker you have a great no fuss setup with proper flavour. I havent put it down since I bought it. Might be too airy/cloudy for some folks. I find the flavour optimal with the top row of airholes closed down.
The dvarw you used it for something other than fruity menthols?

The dvarw you used it for something other than fruity menthols?
Fruity menthols only and tobacco. Desserts I vape on more high wattage setups because I prefer it warm and "full". But if you can swing past a vape shop that sells a profile also give that a try. It handles any juice I throw at it but only you will know if the style of vaping works for you.

PS. I think @Oupa can back me up on the Profile rda claims he has been using one as well

Last edited:
Fruity menthols only and tobacco. Desserts I vape on more high wattage setups because I prefer it warm and "full". But if you can swing past a vape shop that sells a profile also give that a try. It handles any juice I throw at it but only you will know if the style of vaping works for you.

Profile noted.
I'm going to exclude the dvarw though.
It has already made a name for itself on that basis fruit (salad) menthols and has its own forums.
It will stay the winner in that category (single and dual flavour)

Back