Billet Box Mod (BB)

The problem is that the button pcb is super fragile and brittle and breaks when you try remove the board. The best bet is to contact BBV and get a full board with fire button and up down board already attached and just fit a new board without having to do the very fine soldering on the fragile button pcb. There is two solder points needed but they are large and easy.

The other option is to try source a button locally (which I haven’t managed but haven’t looked extensively).

The final option is to find a sxk BB and extract that button and use that on a brand new DNA 60.

thanks for the info @Christos , yeh unfortunately it’s the up/down buttons that are a problem, once I put the battery in the W runs up to 40 and when I click to bring it down it just runs right back up. I’ve managed to lock the the buttons at 22w so it’s usable at the moment but it’s annoying. Might look at a sxk, moving to Bali on the 19th so this might have to wait.

thanks for the info @Christos , yeh unfortunately it’s the up/down buttons that are a problem, once I put the battery in the W runs up to 40 and when I click to bring it down it just runs right back up. I’ve managed to lock the the buttons at 22w so it’s usable at the moment but it’s annoying. Might look at a sxk, moving to Bali on the 19th so this might have to wait.
You can try cut the up down physical switches on the board as those had issues. Happy to explain further but be super careful not to move or disturb the fire button.

The board has an up and down button on the board that have had cold solder issues.

It may not resolve the issue but it’s usually the prime suspect.
225E3879-A31D-41E5-B36C-90098E3B30E3.jpeg

I have a few spare up / down boards for a BB I could also send you but you would need to work on the front of the BB where the screen is and replace that only as opposed to the physical DNA board. How comfortable are you with soldering?

What a bummer! They released the two new colours of the BB today and I missed it... I so want a White BB! Not Bazinga! :-(
White BB.jpg

It has been a long time since I had a BB in my hand... cleaned, recoiled and rewicked the Golden Odis Ti Flow! I had forgotten just how well it vaped! Bazinga!
BB 2021 1.jpg BB 2021 2.jpg BB 2021 3.jpg BB 2021 4.jpg BB 2021 6.jpg BB 2021 7.jpg

That looks stunning Rob!

happy new year!
Wishing you lots of health and happiness ahead!

Good day guys, so I have a bit of an issue, I got a Billet Box finally and I'm loving everything about it, I'm just having some wicking issues with the Atmizoo Vapeshell, it seems like the first 10 pulls right after it has been wicked are amazing and flavourful and straight after the vapes become a little more and more dry with each pull, I have rewicked it 3 times and I just did an MTL build on the last wicking and the same issue, is there a certain way I should be wicking this bridge to maintain a nice saturated vape from it? DL or MTL I don't seem to be having luck with it

Good day guys, so I have a bit of an issue, I got a Billet Box finally and I'm loving everything about it, I'm just having some wicking issues with the Atmizoo Vapeshell, it seems like the first 10 pulls right after it has been wicked are amazing and flavourful and straight after the vapes become a little more and more dry with each pull, I have rewicked it 3 times and I just did an MTL build on the last wicking and the same issue, is there a certain way I should be wicking this bridge to maintain a nice saturated vape from it? DL or MTL I don't seem to be having luck with it
It doesn't work you need to sell it again.:D

Best advice is to watch YouTube vids on vapshell... few out there

Honestly it is both my best and worst bridge for the BB. My trick is using a wrap 2.5 mm MTL wire. It ohms in at about .90 ohm. Wicking is a trick and will probably take you a few times to get right.
I have tried many different ways but the one that works for me is to trim the leads by following the outer edges of the vape shell. This creates a sort of arrow looking end.
Comb them out quite a bit and gently lay the wick over the bottom juice ports.
What you can sometimes do is to also insert a screwdriver from the bottom of the vape shell to raise and create a small cavity.
It is a nightmare to get going but for me that loves to tinker and play with things like this I love it. Don't give up. Keep trying and maybe post some pictures.
I will be doing my rewick tomorrow so I will post my pictures.

Sent from my vivo 2006 using Tapatalk

Honestly it is both my best and worst bridge for the BB. My trick is using a wrap 2.5 mm MTL wire. It ohms in at about .90 ohm. Wicking is a trick and will probably take you a few times to get right.
I have tried many different ways but the one that works for me is to trim the leads by following the outer edges of the vape shell. This creates a sort of arrow looking end.
Comb them out quite a bit and gently lay the wick over the bottom juice ports.
What you can sometimes do is to also insert a screwdriver from the bottom of the vape shell to raise and create a small cavity.
It is a nightmare to get going but for me that loves to tinker and play with things like this I love it. Don't give up. Keep trying and maybe post some pictures.
I will be doing my rewick tomorrow so I will post my pictures.

Awesome I would appreciate that, I did try cutting along the edges but I didn't comb it out that much, I will do so and also I will try the screwdriver in the wick hole to create a cavity that seems to be a winner of an idea, I've got to finish the juice in the tank and I will try rewick again tomorrow.

Awesome I would appreciate that
No problems. Pop me a PM and I'll take some detailed pics for you.
I did battle for about 2 weeks when I first got it but once I got it right I won't look back.
What coils are you using in the shell?

Don't know if you have seen @Rob Fisher video but this is exactly how I do the wicking.
As promised i will take some photos tonight while I do mine and send them to you.

So just for guys that's also having issues with the vape shell here are a couple close up pictures of my setup. I'm currently using Vandy vape MTL wire. 7 wraps at 2.5mm. Ohms are 0,92.
841826d4af8e256afac1b6dd67ebdc1b.jpg
1dbd2bf0e7ea8d14c433d1986cad867c.jpg
fd729f4cdf6c6dd370c9a7344e9f81d9.jpg
1181adee8d63fcd713242f3224284989.jpg
5d9276bd166d87eb1f7e846f693251a3.jpg
1042c869de7b4d9322fe06c0aa1cd468.jpg

Unfortunately my BB has been in my cupboard for the last year. It keeps draining battery even when switched off. But i miss it terribly

Back