Biltong making

I use the Crown Safari Biltong mix.
Also have a Mellerware biltong machine for the summer days i prefer not to use the light.
Thats been my experience exactly.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Looks great Christos, I am a certified biltong tester, just send me a kg and I will give you my honest opinion. :cool:Should I encounter any unforeseen complications during evaluation a follow up kg may be necessary for control purposes.:angel:
You can visit me at www.VapeBiltongFlavour.com :D
I specialize in fruit loops biltong and custard biltong. :D

My best yet.
Pro tip, add treacle sugar to soften the harshness of the brown vinegar.
The sweet and smokey bbq is a great spice mix, albeit a bit pricier than the usual stuff. But the local store didnt have normal biltong spices.
1e26873b52daf3feec988611a210d7c8.jpg
aa29f306e09bdf621dde492fd3ec29b5.jpg
5d6696ee7d9b6f4e6df2bc54f7e51e45.jpg
560d115ec4931a02d818dcb8d193518e.jpg
3d7b011191439ccb685bb027a4ebf0ca.jpg

How haven't I seen this thread ???

Ok so I also have a food dehydrator which dries around 2kgs of biltong in around 10 hours.

Silverside/rump steak , brown vinegar , brown sugar and crown national spice. Perfect biltong every single time

Trying my hand at bacon biltong....
The one side is a sweet honey glaze with cayene pepper and the other side a mix of herbs.
20171219_211007.jpg

Trying my hand at bacon biltong....
The one side is a sweet honey glaze with cayene pepper and the other side a mix of herbs.
View attachment 116867
I've never really understood the bacon biltong thing. Isn't raw pork a big no-no?

I got bought some a while ago, and I just didn't have the cahunas to eat it!

I've never really understood the bacon biltong thing. Isn't raw pork a big no-no?

I guess so. Some of my favourite cold meats are smoked matured pork...
I think if it's dried properly it should be ok.
I've been eating the stuff for a while and I haven't died.
Also woolies sells it if you want to try it.
Lastly, it makes for a decent breakfast when you are lazy to try bacon :D

I've been eating the stuff for a while and I haven't died....

Well you may not be dead, but you are a bit of a loon. If you can assure me that's not because of the raw pork I'm going out to get some! :risas3:

Well you may not be dead, but you are a bit of a loon. If you can assure me that's not because of the raw pork I'm going out to get some! :risas3:
I was always this way and I assure you I have a rather sensitive stomach.
Be warned though that once you try it you will be buying it more regularly than juice on a sale :D

I was always this way and I assure you I have a rather sensitive stomach.
Be warned though that once you try it you will be buying it more regularly than juice on a sale :D
Sold! Just what I need in my life right now... Another expensive vice! :rolleyes:

Sold! Just what I need in my life right now... Another expensive vice! :rolleyes:
Well my bacon biltong looks dry after 1 day.
Will give it another day and try it tomorrow or late this evening.
Bonus is it's quick drying so you can make it relatively fast!
It not like you don't already have a expensive vice that just sprung forth out of your wife :D

Well my bacon biltong looks dry after 1 day.
Will give it another day and try it tomorrow or late this evening.
Bonus is it's quick drying so you can make it relatively fast!
It not like you don't already have a expensive vice that just sprung forth out of your wife :D
Something sprung forth out of your wife? Why did I immediately picture a facehugger from the aliens movie?

Something sprung forth out of your wife? Why did I immediately picture a facehugger from the aliens movie?

The xenomorph is exactly what I had in mind....

The xenomorph is exactly what I had in mind....

At this point I think I would be more capable of handling a xenomorph than what actually "sprung forth"... :sconf:

Bacon is cured pork meat so it is quite edible in uncooked form. Diced and mixed with some mustard on a samie, nom nom. But then again I have Viking blood in my veins and can eat many things that would kill mere mortals outright lol.

Regards

Bacon is cured pork meat so it is quite edible in uncooked form. Diced and mixed with some mustard on a samie, nom nom. But then again I have Viking blood in my veins and can eat many things that would kill mere mortals outright lol.

Regards
Awesome!!!

Back