Calling all DIY'ers

Thanks for all the advice. While I was browsing recipes I noticed that some concentrates show warnings of certain chemicals being added. Look I'm no saint since I'm coming from smoking the stinkies, but would prefer when I mix my own that I avoid these concentrates which show these health warnings. However the mixers who sell their stuff, do you think it's worth it for them to at least inform us that their juices contain some of these chemicals for information sake?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Anyone have a recipe that is in any way similar to Vape Orenda - Whirling Dervish?

Here's what looks like retire Boom Sap Ejuice recipes, they so kindly posted on Reddit

BoomSapeJuice

The Professor

• Banana nut bread (TFA) - 7%

• Cinnamon Churro (TFA) 2%

• French Vanilla (TFA) - 1%

• Sugar Cookie (TFA) - 3%

• Sweetener (TFA) - .5%

• Vanillin (TFA) - 2%
This flavor was intended to be a Banana Nut Bread, not overly loaded with banana, but enough to get the sweet and full flavor on the inhale, and the exhale tasting like the bread flavor that the dish left behind. Banana Nut Bread was a good starter flavor, but was too simple in flavor; it had banana, but it wasn't overbearing, and came already with a cinnamon undertone and a very slight sweet taste. Almost lacking the entire bread concept. The Cinnamon Churro had a dry, grainy taste, lacking in sweetener (causing the recipe to need sweetening at the end), but it ended up complimenting the cinnamon in the Banana Nut Bread flavoring.

Now, with the two ingredients, I had a dry banana grain taste with an exhale of pure cinnamon...It was too harsh. I threw in French Vanilla to take the edge off of the cinnamon and it worked, but ended up masking part of the grain taste. After a couple tests, Sugar Cookie helped kick in the bread flavor, and added a sweet smell to the vapor cloud. I preferred my vape to also taste sweet, so after adding a tiny bit of Sweetener, it really helped kick it up. Lastly, the Vanillin added a thick mouthfeel to the mix, without overpowering the Cinnamon. This was a solid ADV during that winter.

The Charlie

• Honeydew (TFA) - 4%

• Swedish Gummy (TFA) - 6%

• Sweetener (TFA) - 1%
TFA's Swedish Gummy is really a one of a kind; I get specifically the candy flavor without it being overly sweet, and the gummy candy aftertaste that has melded very well with any fruit that I've paired it with (so far). Mixing it alone works well for a simple vape, but adding a bright, tangy flavor helped add a body to the sweet candy. The one note that I took from this is that by itself, the Honeydew was a bit too citric, and a few customers noted that the Honeydew was rather tart. If I use Sweetener, I try to keep it at .5% or less, but raising the percentage helped smooth out the tart note and bring the honeydew down a small amount to a more realistic flavor.

The Stark

• Lychee (TFA) - 8%

• Koolada (TFA) - .25%

• Pear (TFA) - 2%

• Sour(20%) (TFA) - .75%
Lychee, before getting into mixing, was a total curiosity to me. Since making and discontinuing the Stark, I've tried multiple Lychee flavors that all have different profiles, so my palate is not going to be your compass on this berry. However, from standalone at 6%, it had a bright, fleshy taste and an eccentric sweet aftertaste unlike most other Western fruits. To help round out the sweet, I took Pear, an earthy, thick pear flavor at a low percent. Even down at a 1% test, the earthiness really took down the high note of the Lychee, and adding TFA's Sour(20%) helped neutralize the earthiness and let the Lychee dominate, albeit at a lower level than originally. Lastly, and this is totally to preference, I used Koolada to give it a cool feeling. The Koolada was awesome at builds above .3 ohms, but lower and it ended up becoming a bit too cold to really taste.

http://www.boomsap.com

Good news...Turns out my suspected PG sensitivity was not an allergy, it was due to some exceptionally poor quality PG I got. Got some new PG and all is well now. Lesson, if it smells funky and tastes funky it probably is not good for you!

Moving on, I have made close to 20 different recipes from e-liquid-recipes.com (mostly from DIYorDIEs stuff) and although I made a sub here and there I am very happy with the results so far!

Note: I do understand that subbing will result in a different recipe from the original, but hey if it tastes great then it works for me, but I will in time get all of the originals.

These are exceptional so far:
- Rhodonite (subbed FA Almond for FA Hazelnut at 0.2% but I could have left it out I don't believe it makes a difference, and INW raspberry for TFA Raspberry Sweet - it's a favorite among my colleagues)
http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/180127/Rhodonite+by+%5B+ENYAWREKLAW+%5D

- Bronuts (Made the original and Love this stuff!! Going to try some Bavarian cream with it next)
http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/189384/BRONUTS+by+%5BENYAWREKLAW%5D

- Strawberry Yogurt (For me this is great, love the sour yogurt note it's very unique taste, subbed the caramel for TFA Caramel DX)
http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/208660/Strawberry+Yogurts+by+%5BENYAWREKLAW%5D

- Fruitloops and cereal milk (Awesome!), I can't seem to find the original recipe online, I thought it was one of Wayne's recipes but it's not.

- Bust-a-nut (subbed FW Hazelnut for FA Hazelnut at 1% and bavarian cream for TFAs version, this is quite good so far, will definitely get FW Hazelnut to see what the original is like)
http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/99179/Bust-a-Nut

Mixing tried and tested recipes really makes this DIY thing a lot easier!

Regards
Dane

Good news...Turns out my suspected PG sensitivity was not an allergy, it was due to some exceptionally poor quality PG I got. Got some new PG and all is well now. Lesson, if it smells funky and tastes funky it probably is not good for you!

Moving on, I have made close to 20 different recipes from e-liquid-recipes.com (mostly from DIYorDIEs stuff) and although I made a sub here and there I am very happy with the results so far!

Note: I do understand that subbing will result in a different recipe from the original, but hey if it tastes great then it works for me, but I will in time get all of the originals.

These are exceptional so far:
- Rhodonite (subbed FA Almond for FA Hazelnut at 0.2% but I could have left it out I don't believe it makes a difference, and INW raspberry for TFA Raspberry Sweet - it's a favorite among my colleagues)
http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/180127/Rhodonite+by+%5B+ENYAWREKLAW+%5D

- Bronuts (Made the original and Love this stuff!! Going to try some Bavarian cream with it next)
http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/189384/BRONUTS+by+%5BENYAWREKLAW%5D

- Strawberry Yogurt (For me this is great, love the sour yogurt note it's very unique taste, subbed the caramel for TFA Caramel DX)
http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/208660/Strawberry+Yogurts+by+%5BENYAWREKLAW%5D

- Fruitloops and cereal milk (Awesome!), I can't seem to find the original recipe online, I thought it was one of Wayne's recipes but it's not.

- Bust-a-nut (subbed FW Hazelnut for FA Hazelnut at 1% and bavarian cream for TFAs version, this is quite good so far, will definitely get FW Hazelnut to see what the original is like)
http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/99179/Bust-a-Nut

Mixing tried and tested recipes really makes this DIY thing a lot easier!

Regards
Dane
Great to hear you got sorted with the PG. Totally agree with you on mixing tried and tested recipes.

So I got most of my DIY stuff, 3x30ml batches steeping, now for the question. How to store all those small bottles, pipettes, syringes, glass beakers etc?

This is what's currently steeping / ageing. Enough to keep me busy for some time...

8b6ff19453ca5588ce620be706418286.jpg

364461744608b1156357db6dea4b4462.jpg

29ed402a40fd670a3d6fcc7642e4290f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Wanted to try this with Graham Cracker, but I never ordered it :confused: subbed with INW Biscuit, and it works very well as a shake and vape. Just thought it up today, mixed it tonight, and just had a taste. I like it.

Key Lime.PNG

Any suggestions on how it can improve welcome. Reminds me a lot of White Label's Key Lime Pie

Wanted to try this with Graham Cracker, but I never ordered it :confused: subbed with INW Biscuit, and it works very well as a shake and vape. Just thought it up today, mixed it tonight, and just had a taste. I like it.

View attachment 58869

Any suggestions on how it can improve welcome. Reminds me a lot of White Label's Key Lime Pie
So is FW Keylime good then?

Thank you. I will get some then.

I need to check because FW flavours are usual either a hit or a miss.

I have seen some FW concentrates used up to 10 - 12%, but I took a guess/gamble, and went with 4%. Really nice. Just needs some pie crust effect, and I'm thinking of adding some INW Sesame when it arrives.

I have seen some FW concentrates used up to 10 - 12%, but I took a guess/gamble, and went with 4%. Really nice. Just needs some pie crust effect, and I'm thinking of adding some INW Sesame when it arrives.
Nice man.

Your recipe pretty much looks like what I would want in it, so I will have to give it a go.

Nice man.

Your recipe pretty much looks like what I would want in it, so I will have to give it a go.

Cool, let me know how it turns out. I'm really not sure, but do you get a pie crust type flavor? Only worked with TFA apple pie before, never really dabbled much in the bakery juices.

Cool, let me know how it turns out. I'm really not sure, but do you get a pie crust type flavor? Only worked with TFA apple pie before, never really dabbled much in the bakery juices.
Ya as far as I recall, TFA and FW have a Pie Crust flavour. Or you can use Acetyl Pyrazine

Back