Calling all DIY'ers

Hi Guys, so I'm new to mixing and DIY, got myself the starter kit and doing mixing by weight. I came across the marshmallow from CLY, which in itself is really strong, but when used with others, just tastes fantastic. I've mixed a strawberry marshmallow, using 8% strawberry ripe, 4% marshmallow and 2% super sweet, and 1% CLY enhance which gives an insane ADV! 70/30 VG/PG.
I know the sweetness may be a bit much, but after a week, it makes the strawberry mesh better with the marshmallow. Let me know if any of you try it out.

edit: typos

Hi Guys, so I'm new to mixing and DIY, got myself the starter kit and doing mixing by weight. I came across the marshmallow from CLY, which in itself is really strong, but when used with others, just tastes fantastic. I've mixed a strawberry marshmallow, using 8% strawberry ripe, 4% marshmallow and 2% super sweet, and 1% CLY enhance which gives an insane ADV! 70/30 VG/PG.
I know the sweetness may be a bit much, but after a week, it makes the strawberry mesh better with the marshmallow. Let me know if any of you try it out.

edit: typos
CLY flavors are really strong, but the quality is insane!

Hello people,

I need some recommendations.. I would like to get my Ice on again and used to have Polar Blast in most of my mixes but pretty soon I noticed that Even Polar Blast has a "Taste" that I dont like. For the same reason I do not Like Koolada as there is a specific taste to it.

- Have any one worked with Black Ice? It seems promising but need more opinion on it. I want that Icy cold but without a flavor that will change my Mixes.
- What Sweeter do you guys use and prefer?

Thanks!
D

Bit late for a response on this I suppose but here's my 2c. I use Clyrocool, sometimes as high as 1.5%, and I find it does not have a lingering taste like Koolada does. I do have WS-23 in my cupboard as well but there's something in it which triggers my asthma if used too high so I try and steer clear of it. Interesting with Clyrocool though is 1.5% in one recipe differs from 1.5% in another. In some, 1.5% is potent to such a level that I need to turn down the watts on my mod otherwise I get brain freeze but in others it's just right. Probably depends on what you mix it with.

As for sweeteners, I have two in my rotation, CAP Super Sweet and Clyrosweet. Both quite potent and very good if used correctly.

Bit late for a response on this I suppose but here's my 2c. I use Clyrocool, sometimes as high as 1.5%, and I find it does not have a lingering taste like Koolada does. I do have WS-23 in my cupboard as well but there's something in it which triggers my asthma if used too high so I try and steer clear of it. Interesting with Clyrocool though is 1.5% in one recipe differs from 1.5% in another. In some, 1.5% is potent to such a level that I need to turn down the watts on my mod otherwise I get brain freeze but in others it's just right. Probably depends on what you mix it with.

As for sweeteners, I have two in my rotation, CAP Super Sweet and Clyrosweet. Both quite potent and very good if used correctly.
Thanks @ivc_mixer , Since then I have found Black Ice (WS-23 @ 30%) and its the Only one I use. Its very versatile and can be used in low or Higher % with the least affect on the flavors compared the things like Polar Blast, Menthol and Coolada

Thanks @ivc_mixer , Since then I have found Black Ice (WS-23 @ 30%) and its the Only one I use. Its very versatile and can be used in low or Higher % with the least affect on the flavors compared the things like Polar Blast, Menthol and Coolada
@Dietz - As far as I know Black Ice is WS-23 diluted at 20%, not 30% as you state above?

Well you get WS-23 in 10%, 20% and 30% solutions. The Flavour Mill offers 10% and 30% solutions and Blckvapour and Vape Hyper offers it in a 20% solution and then Boss Vape offers it in a 20% and 30% solution.

Well you get WS-23 in 10%, 20% and 30% solutions. The Flavour Mill offers 10% and 30% solutions and Blckvapour and Vape Hyper offers it in a 20% solution and then Boss Vape offers it in a 20% and 30% solution.
Yes, and Valley Vapour also offers it in a 30% solution. Seems the international norm is 30%.

Just mixed up 34 single flavor batches for testing in a week or two. Hard work, phew! I'll post my notes once I'm done.

Yep that alot of flav.

I have tried only up to 8% flav nothing more. Don't like over sweet juice

Okay, this is by no means refined and it's an absolute coil killer but it vapes so good on a flavor atty and the exact reason why I need to switch to a mesh build asap :D
What the wowness dude... It sounds like vapors tongue the recipe!

Okay, this is by no means refined and it's an absolute coil killer but it vapes so good on a flavor atty and the exact reason why I need to switch to a mesh build asap :D

CAP Double Choc at 10% and mint at 5% is killing your coils. Make a test batch and cut those by half and see how it goes.

To be honest I actually made the tobacco and mint choc in separate batches then mixed them together.
Just posted the recipe as a rough guideline.

Nice, I do a lot of concentrate mixing, let them steep, then mix my mixes. Rarely requires more than a day steeping when mixing pre-steeped, but has proven essential for some.

And have to agree that hydration is key to keeping flavors popping. If I am a bit behind, then I will add a pinch of salt to my water, seems to work quite well. Though, very very strong flavors still kill my tongue, only time and low flavor/flavorless fixes it for me.

Hahahaha! Oh yes! I know about vaping unsteeped. Can completely ruin a concentrate for you, even after steeping!

We have to try these crazy stupid things though or we won't know.
Like popping PG in a microwave for 10 seconds so you can dissolve Ethyl Maltol crystals in it or such. No one told me it would be liquid lava after just 10 seconds... Lesson. Learnt.

Like popping PG in a microwave for 10 seconds so you can dissolve Ethyl Maltol crystals in it or such. No one told me it would be liquid lava after just 10 seconds... Lesson. Learnt.

Ah this explains why some specifically state microwave and "stop regularly".

Which reminds me, I wanted to slow steep some crushed coffee beans to test. Don't want to microwave my coffee in pg.

Which reminds me, I wanted to slow steep some crushed coffee beans to test. Don't want to microwave my coffee in pg.

It won't be good for vaping (oily residue from the roasted coffee is dangerous), but it wiill make a good flavour to use on the ice-cream.

Anyone got a straight up simple cherry recipe for me please?

a friends wife is out of juice and he’s now scared of her...

It won't be good for vaping (oily residue from the roasted coffee is dangerous), but it wiill make a good flavour to use on the ice-cream.

Aww, good thing I haven't done it yet! Thanks, but now definitely want a nice cup of coffee:CHUKKLING:

This is a first for me. But also, did not think it would become that hot that quickly

Anyone got a straight up simple cherry recipe for me please?
Good luck with this. 95% of the Cherry concentrates out there taste like cherry flavoured Halls and the one I have found that doesn't (Molinberry Red Cherry) needs so much cherry to be added to it, it's ridiculous. That being said, it's a very nice cherry and the following would work well:
10% MB Red Cherry
1% CAP Super Sweet
(optional) 2% CAP Tart Cherry

Good luck with this. 95% of the Cherry concentrates out there taste like cherry flavoured Halls and the one I have found that doesn't (Molinberry Red Cherry) needs so much cherry to be added to it, it's ridiculous. That being said, it's a very nice cherry and the following would work well:
10% MB Red Cherry
1% CAP Super Sweet
(optional) 2% CAP Tart Cherry
I think it’s the Twisp cherry but I’m not a fan of anything cherry so I wouldn’t even know where to start!!

this is now a start so much appreciated.

Back