Calling all DIY'ers

Thanks I'll drop the Sweet cream down to 1% and remove the milk concentrate and get the FW Milk. Thanks for the input :D

cool good luck! Been chasing choc milk for quite some time myself ;-)

cool good luck! Been chasing choc milk for quite some time myself ;-)

I mjust did a search on e-liquid-recipes.com now for chocolate milk. Looks like DIYORDIE's Golden ticket clone might be a good place to start.
They have the Double Choc at 5%, EM at 1.5%, Sweetener at 1%, Vanilla Custard at 1% and Vanilla Swirl at 1%. For me this looks like it has too much vanilla.

How does this look - good base to tweak from?
D Choc 5%
EM 1.5%
Sweetener 1%
Custard 1%
Milk FW 3%

Seems DC needs EM as well as sweetener to make it work, maybe this is the missing link....

The choc milk is just the start, once perfected I am going to add Rice Crunchies to the mix. I just need the base to be perfect then I can start adding the RC till I get it right.
And if all goes well Choco Pops should be the end result.

I mjust did a search on e-liquid-recipes.com now for chocolate milk. Looks like DIYORDIE's Golden ticket clone might be a good place to start.
They have the Double Choc at 5%, EM at 1.5%, Sweetener at 1%, Vanilla Custard at 1% and Vanilla Swirl at 1%. For me this looks like it has too much vanilla.

How does this look - good base to tweak from?
D Choc 5%
EM 1.5%
Sweetener 1%
Custard 1%
Milk FW 3%

Seems DC needs EM as well as sweetener to make it work, maybe this is the missing link....

The choc milk is just the start, once perfected I am going to add Rice Crunchies to the mix. I just need the base to be perfect then I can start adding the RC till I get it right.
And if all goes well Choco Pops should be the end result.

Not a huge fan of FW milk - but give it a shot, perhaps at 2%
Vanilla swirl isn't heavy on the vanilla, especially at 1%
For my taste, i find the custard clashes with the chocolate, it's too "eggy"

All that said, looks like an interesting recipe, try it out and see?

Not a huge fan of FW milk - but give it a shot, perhaps at 2%
Vanilla swirl isn't heavy on the vanilla, especially at 1%
For my taste, i find the custard clashes with the chocolate, it's too "eggy"

All that said, looks like an interesting recipe, try it out and see?

Thanks Method1 I just need to purchase the FW Milk and give it a try. Any substitute that I could use in place of the Custard? I'm only using custard to add body to the cream part, I would drop it completely but don't know what to use. I have a Vanilla Custard by Skyblue just not sure if it;s v1 or v2.

Thanks Method1 I just need to purchase the FW Milk and give it a try. Any substitute that I could use in place of the Custard? I'm only using custard to add body to the cream part, I would drop it completely but don't know what to use. I have a Vanilla Custard by Skyblue just not sure if it;s v1 or v2.

OK so the VoW bottle you have isn't FW milk?
You could use TFA or FW VBIC at a low % like 1-2% to add some thickness, but you might just like it with the custard!

@Greyz what about 0.3-0.4% Cocoa rounds (think it's TFA or FW) to help build on the chocolate notes. Possibly drop the double choc clear by 0.5-1% if it gets too much? Just a thought...

Keen to hear how it comes out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK so the VoW bottle you have isn't FW milk?
You could use TFA or FW VBIC at a low % like 1-2% to add some thickness, but you might just like it with the custard!

I'm not sure where VoW sources their concentrates from, IIRC there was some hooraa over their supplier or source. I could be wrong though my memory ain't what it used to be. Do you perhaps know what they use?
Right now I just get everything from Blckvapour, Valley Vapour and Flavrape. Either TFA, FW or CAP - it's much easier knowing what your working with.

This Milk Chocolate is going to require some trial and error. I'm already looking at doing at least 3 different variations to get the milk part right. good thing I'm on night shift this week, I work all night and mix all day o_O

Thanks again Method1 - your advise is always greatly appreciated.

I'm not sure where VoW sources their concentrates from, IIRC there was some hooraa over their supplier or source. I could be wrong though my memory ain't what it used to be. Do you perhaps know what they use?
Right now I just get everything from Blckvapour, Valley Vapour and Flavrape. Either TFA, FW or CAP - it's much easier knowing what your working with.

This Milk Chocolate is going to require some trial and error. I'm already looking at doing at least 3 different variations to get the milk part right. good thing I'm on night shift this week, I work all night and mix all day o_O

Thanks again Method1 - your advise is always greatly appreciated.

Well, I have some FW Milk from VoW so I thought it might be that, they do sell other brands besides their mystery in-house flavours.
The only "milk" I see listed on their site is FW, and their own brand condensed milk.

The only other advise I have is to think of double choc almost like a cream, it has similar strength and texture to a cream and isn't really a foreground flavour, you need to find a way to make it stand apart from the rest of the creams, and sucralose/em definitely help in that department.

@Greyz what about 0.3-0.4% Cocoa rounds (think it's TFA or FW) to help build on the chocolate notes. Possibly drop the double choc clear by 0.5-1% if it gets too much? Just a thought...

Keen to hear how it comes out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks I'll try that. Some googling and reddit trawling has shown that TFa Double Choc Clear is not be very chocloatey and guys are advisign lots of sweetener to bring it out.
Off hand do you know where I can get cocoa rounds? I'll definitely post the recipe here if I get it right. But as Method1 said, he's been chasing it for a while already, so I'm quietly optimistic. If I can get it 90% then I'll be happy.

Hi Guys

Im new to DIY and have just made the standard Mustard Milk which came out alright, I tried the following recipe

Apple Pie (CAP) 2%
Cinnamon Danish Swirl (CAP) 5%
Apple (TFA) 4%

It didnt come out too badly but I feel like it needs to be smoother, would it be advisable to add a % or 2 of sweet cream to try give it a creamier vape. Not sure if that would effect the flavor at all?

Hi guys,

Not sure if this is the right platform to ask, but were could one get flavour concentrates that are not in PG? It seems all of the known brands are PG based.

I seem to have a negative reaction to PG especially during the last couple of weeks. Have been vaping pure VG (no nic or flavour) for the past 2 days and all the issues have gone away. Tried some pure PG last night and tastes absolutely horrid and my lungs immediately started feeling itchy / scratchy.

Hi Guys

Im new to DIY and have just made the standard Mustard Milk which came out alright, I tried the following recipe

Apple Pie (CAP) 2%
Cinnamon Danish Swirl (CAP) 5%
Apple (TFA) 4%

It didnt come out too badly but I feel like it needs to be smoother, would it be advisable to add a % or 2 of sweet cream to try give it a creamier vape. Not sure if that would effect the flavor at all?

Ya, I would add some CAP Custard V1 in there, or maybe Vanilla Bean Ice Cream. But I would go heavier on the Apple Pie and lighter on CDS, so maybe

Apple Pie 6%
CDS 2%
Apple 4%
CAP Custard V1 1%

The Cinnamon Danish is strong, so a little goes a long way

Hi guys,

Not sure if this is the right platform to ask, but were could one get flavour concentrates that are not in PG? It seems all of the known brands are PG based.

I seem to have a negative reaction to PG especially during the last couple of weeks. Have been vaping pure VG (no nic or flavour) for the past 2 days and all the issues have gone away. Tried some pure PG last night and tastes absolutely horrid and my lungs immediately started feeling itchy / scratchy.

Shwew, I don't think we get any non-pg based concentrates locally. I've heard of one flavour that was in VG, and of organic stuff.
But I wouldn't know where to get from.

Ya, I would add some CAP Custard V1 in there, or maybe Vanilla Bean Ice Cream. But I would go heavier on the Apple Pie and lighter on CDS, so maybe

Apple Pie 6%
CDS 2%
Apple 4%
CAP Custard V1 1%

The Cinnamon Danish is strong, so a little goes a long way
Thanks @rogue zombie, will give it a bash and report back. The CDS was a bit overpowering in the previous one

Shwew, I don't think we get any non-pg based concentrates locally. I've heard of one flavour that was in VG, and of organic stuff.
But I wouldn't know where to get from.

Thanks, I thought as much. Will just up the ratio as much as I can. Currently at 70/30 (VG/PG) and see if that makes any difference.

CAP Choc Glazed Doughnut vs CAP Glazed Doughnut. Would I use these two flavors at the same % or differently?

CAP Choc Glazed Doughnut vs CAP Glazed Doughnut. Would I use these two flavors at the same % or differently?

I like the plain glazed at around 0% :p

It is a fair bit stronger and quite cinnamon-y so probably start at around 2-3% ?

I like the plain glazed at around 0% :p

It is a fair bit stronger and quite cinnamon-y so probably start at around 2-3% ?

I can't rate that 'thanks' and 'funny'. Going to try my hand at a cream filled doughnut with a cranberry/raspberry 'relish' for lack of an english word right now :D

All I can tell you is that it's super strong - like 1-2 drops per 30ml strong.
Thank you, yeah gathered that from browsing on e-liquid-recipes. Shall probably have to consult a few food/drink recipe books.

Btw, have added 2 drops of FW Capsicum to 30 ml of my Spiced Black Tea. Adds an awesome warmth.

@Andre - I've been wanting to make a clone of Five Pawns Symmetry and on ELR a guy called Beaufort Batches gave me his version. I'm ordering the rhubarb specifically for this. Herewith (and it's a monster):

Symmetry clone

2% Apple Pie (FA)
0.5% Brown Sugar (TPA)
0.5% Butterscotch (FA)
1% Catalan Cream (FA)
0.5% Coconut (FA)
0.75% Cookie (Biscotto) (FA)
0.5% Crunchy Berry Cereal - TFA
2% Graham Cracker (Clear) (TPA)
0.5% Joy (FA)
1% Madagascar (Vanilla Classic) (FA)
1.5% Red Touch (Strawberry) (FA)