Calling all DIY'ers

Thank you for this one @Sickboy77.
Took a first taste today (born on 26 May 2016). A unique cola fizzy taste and very refreshing. Will certainly mix it again.
I love this one to...

I'm going a little heavier on the Cherry and Cola next time. And maybe adding some Lime.

This recipe introduced me to the awesomess that is Marzipan. Love how it cuts through the recipe, stopping the Cola and Cherry from being sickly sweet.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thank you for this one @Sickboy77.
Took a first taste today (born on 26 May 2016). A unique cola fizzy taste and very refreshing. Will certainly mix it again.
Pleasure man, havent been able to make this as I have none of those flavours :( if I had to buy flavours for all recipes I like, id be broke and surrounded by concentrates :)

Pleasure man, havent been able to make this as I have none of those flavours :( if I had to buy flavours for all recipes I like, id be broke and surrounded by concentrates :)
Ye but being FA, and using them in low percentages... this works out dirt cheap :)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Hehe, I have total empathy - I am broke and surrounded by concentrates!

I love this one to...

I'm going a little heavier on the Cherry and Cola next time. And maybe adding some Lime.

This recipe introduced me to the awesomess that is Marzipan. Love how it cuts through the recipe, stopping the Cola and Cherry from being sickly sweet.
Ah, great to have your feedback as well. I think feedback from our DIY members add a lot of value in this thread.
For me I would not change anything. Love it as is, but look forward to your impressions re your adaptations.

Ah, great to have your feedback as well. I think feedback from our DIY members add a lot of value in this thread.
For me I would not change anything. Love it as is, but look forward to your impressions re your adaptations.

Well I was looking for a more Cherry Coke, primarily, this is obviously more Dr.Pepper authentically. And dont get me wrong, I will gladly return to this original recipe should the Cherry Coke not work out.

But ya, its all about absorbing knowledge from others and yours experiments. Trying things that dont normally sound appealing. I've found some gems, from blindly trying things outside my comfort zone... from reputable sources of coarse :)

What gloves is recommended for handling nic? Nitrile or latex gloves or what?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Have you compared the two?

I don't think their identical as @Lord Vetinari says but I do think they are close. IIRC I think Method1 did say it was developed in collaboration with DIYORDIE.
I have all the concentrates bar 2 to make Rhodonite and having bought a few bottles of Smackeroon before, I'll be able to compare them soon.

Smackeroon is a great juice lets not take that away from the creator.

Well, on the topic, my unrefined palate can't pick up any real difference between Bronuts and DDD, except that DDD is smoother, but almost all commercial juices taste smoother than my mixes. I suspect I'm screwing up the nic part a little. Have to admit, that for the price difference, and the way high wattages drink juice, I'm more than happy to make Bronuts and deal with the not so smooth thing. Especially since DDD really shine at 50+ watts for me. I killed two 30ml bottles in 5 days, a tad expensive. I hope @drew restocks soon so I can make Rhodonite. Tasted Smackaroon from a colleague and loved it, even though I hate almonds and almond flavored stuff.

Have you compared the two?
A mate made some and we did an a/b. Close enough to use it as a description if somebody wants to know what a "rhodonite" is. Most of us know Smackaroons. Not just the juice but the cookies that come in a pack of 3...

So for the last month or so one of my most used ADV has been the following.
TFA Apple Pie 2.5%
CAP Brown Sugar 1%
CAP Sugar Cookie 1%
CAP Vanilla Custard 4%
TFABev Cream 1%
TFA Sweet Cream 1.5%

Shake and Vape it tastes good. Steeping obviously keeps improving it.
Can someone please mix this and tell me if its just me or what... but I cant put this down.

Last edited:
Apple Pie 2.5%
Brown Sugar 1%
Sugar Cookie 1%
Vanilla Custard 4%
Bev Cream 1%
Sweet Cream 1.5%

Can someone please mix this and tell me if its just me or what... but I cant put this down.

I'll make a 30ml on Saturday and give you feedback

Apple Pie 2.5%
Brown Sugar 1%
Sugar Cookie 1%
Vanilla Custard 4%
Bev Cream 1%
Sweet Cream 1.5%

It does look good! Need to get some more Apple pie and will give it a go.

On my second bottle of DIYorDIE's Apple oatmeal cookie and it is excellent, I quite like the tartness the Fiji Apple adds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@moonunit with this as well you have that sweet taste of the vanilla custard but you still taste the apple.
I had 1% golden butter in this mix as well when I previously mixed a batch. This time I actually mixed up and didn't add the butter still tastes great.:D

I don't think their identical as @Lord Vetinari says but I do think they are close. IIRC I think Method1 did say it was developed in collaboration with DIYORDIE.
I have all the concentrates bar 2 to make Rhodonite and having bought a few bottles of Smackeroon before, I'll be able to compare them soon.

Smackeroon is a great juice lets not take that away from the creator.
Nonono... i actually mean the cookies the juice was named after... smackaroon is like naming it Lifesavers and doing a range of flavors.

Fellas forget there are real smackaroons and to me this is the primary referral if I mention smackaroons... the cookies.

Of course there will be differences. Merely talking ball-park here.

Apple Pie 2.5%
Brown Sugar 1%
Sugar Cookie 1%
Vanilla Custard 4%
Bev Cream 1%
Sweet Cream 1.5%

Which concentrates, CAP, TFA or FA or INW etc?...

Actually the real confectionary is called a "macaroon" or "macaron" - technically macaron is the correct term :p

A quick search revealed this.
Maybe this will sort out the debate !

57239-4e01e996875880621df7bc61a8089c69.jpg

Wow, "macaroons" look disgusting.

Back