Calling all DIY'ers

But you can't get sugar cookie V1 anymore, Unless you know something I don't? If you do please share:)

What is the general opinion on steeping and then adding the nic after?
My problem is I make for myself and my son and we are on different nic stregth.
It would make thing a lot easier if the nic could be added later without effecting the juice too much

Hi All
So, DIY.
Decided that I'm gonna give this a go, decided that Mustard Milk will be a good start for me.
Looking at making a 100ml batch to start.
I'll be purchasing from https://blckvapour.co.za/

Regarding the scale, how necessary is this? Does it make the process a bit easier?
Accessories, I assume I'll need a syringe for each concentrate, one for PG/VG and one for Nic?
What else is necessary?
Can I go ahead and just throw the ingredients into the bottle I'll be using for my daily vaping?

Any other advice will be appreciated.

Thanks All

What is the general opinion on steeping and then adding the nic after?
My problem is I make for myself and my son and we are on different nic stregth.
It would make thing a lot easier if the nic could be added later without effecting the juice too much

I am no expert, but I would guess that you could try adding the nic later and see how it taste. I can;t think the nic will change the flavour.

Hi All
So, DIY.
Decided that I'm gonna give this a go, decided that Mustard Milk will be a good start for me.

Regarding the scale, how necessary is this? Does it make the process a bit easier?
Accessories, I assume I'll need a syringe for each concentrate, one for PG/VG and one for Nic?
What else is necessary?
Can I go ahead and just throw the ingredients into the bottle I'll be using for my daily vaping?

Thanks All

Hi,
I don't have a scale but plan on getting one. It does make the cleaning less.
I use a syringe for every component added. Some recipes need a lot of syringes and they all need to be cleaned.
I mix mine in the bottle I vape from.
Keep your nic in the fridge if it is PG base.

Enjoy

Hi All
So, DIY.

What else is necessary?

Thanks All
The scale makes things easier. It's not necessary, you can use syringes. When making a 100ml flavor, it'll be easier if you have a 60ml syringe for the VG. And get some 10ml syringes as well as 1ml and 5ml syringes. VG is thick so you'll need to pour the VG into the syringe. I have tried the 15g syringe and it's still too thin for VG and is very difficult to pull up.

If you use a scale this whole process becomes much more easier.

@GregF
You can always make your mix and add the Nic later but then allow it to steep for a few days with the Nicotine in it.

The scale makes things easier. It's not necessary, you can use syringes. When making a 100ml flavor, it'll be easier if you have a 60ml syringe for the VG. And get some 10ml syringes as well as 1ml and 5ml syringes. VG is thick so you'll need to pour the VG into the syringe. I have tried the 15g syringe and it's still too thin for VG and is very difficult to pull up.

If you use a scale this whole process becomes much more easier.

I put some thin tubing that just fit on the tip of my syringe for the VG. It works a little slow but is less of a mess.

Damn, I never thought that a thread I started would be over 100 pages one day :FADDANCING:

Thanks to all who contributed thus far

How necessary is a scale though? Interested in the starter kit from blkvapour, but aren't the amounts based on volumes instead of mass? Assuming it takes out the cleaning of syringes part for using the scale rather. Ant other benefits?

How necessary is a scale though? Interested in the starter kit from blkvapour, but aren't the amounts based on volumes instead of mass? Assuming it takes out the cleaning of syringes part for using the scale rather. Ant other benefits?

A scale is not necessary at all, but you are going to end up buying one eventually anyway once you realise how much of a pain in the ass it is to work with messy syringes and have to worry about cross contaminating your flavours. Just get the scale now, it's the sensible thing to do.

Agreed, a scale makes mixing so much easier! Worth the investment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed, a scale makes mixing so much easier! Worth the investment.

Scale is a definite for me based on the replies I'm seeing here.
One question though, doesn't it become hard work especially when using multiple concentrates in your mix? I mean, first account for the weight of the vessel you'll be using for the mix then account for the weight of each concentrate as you add, then account for the weight of PG/VG and nicotine also. Hope this question makes sense?

Another question, your name, anything to do with Frank Zappa?

One question though, doesn't it become hard work especially when using multiple concentrates in your mix? I mean, first account for the weight of the vessel you'll be using for the mix then account for the weight of each concentrate as you add, then account for the weight of PG/VG and nicotine also. Hope this question makes sense?

read this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DIY_eJuice/comments/2iq3km/botboy141_guide_to_mixing_by_weight/

Use something like http://breaktru.com/ejuicemeup.zip

You can get the weights from the link @method1 posted. Some use 1g p/ml for flavours, I personally use the weight of PG for all my flavours. From there on it is just set and forget, the software does the calculations for you.

Haha, unfortunately not, just liked the name.

Valley Vapour has a scale that has a tare function, so you can zero the scale after each concentrate/PG/VG/Nic. Just don't forget to zero it.

Thanks @method1 @Effjh
What I mean is, say I begin with my VG, that weights x amount and I know that my Strawberry concentrate weighs y amount, I need to add Strawberry until the scale shows the sum of X + Y. So I'll need to keep track of this as the mixing continues because X and Y will change as ingredients are added?

Use something like http://breaktru.com/ejuicemeup.zip

You can get the weights from the link @method1 posted. Some use 1g p/ml for flavours, I personally use the weight of PG for all my flavours. From there on it is just set and forget, the software does the calculations for you.

e-liquid-recipes.com does all the calculations for you too.
Thanks @method1 @Effjh
What I mean is, say I begin with my VG, that weights x amount and I know that my Strawberry concentrate weighs y amount, I need to add Strawberry until the scale shows the sum of X + Y. So I'll need to keep track of this as the mixing continues because X and Y will change as ingredients are added?

That's all covered in the guide - but in short, using the TARE function of the scale will deal with that.

Haha, unfortunately not, just liked the name.

Valley Vapour has a scale that has a tare function, so you can zero the scale after each concentrate/PG/VG/Nic. Just don't forget to zero it.

Thanks, that helps

Thank again all
Order has been placed with BlckVapour....wish me luck. This is what I got, hope it's enough to get me started. :)

1x Peach Flavor Concentrate (TFA) - 10ml
1x Pineapple Peach Concentrate (FW) - 10ml
1x Peach (Juicy) Flavor Concentrate DX (TFA) - 10ml
2x Syringe (Graduated) - 5ml
2x Bottle Amber 100ml Glass
1x Strawberry Flavor Concentrate (TFA) - 50ml
1x Vanilla Bean Ice Cream Flavor Concentrate (TFA) - 50ml
10x Pipette 3ml
2x Syringe (Graduated) - 20ml
2x Syringe (Graduated) - 50ml
6x Dropper Bottle (100ml)
1x Digital Scale - 0.01/ 200g