Calling all DIY'ers

I need to buy a new Menthol.

Anyone recommend a Menthol concentrate they prefer above the rest?
From my limited experience they are all more or less the same.
Did read a note from HIC to "add 0.25% FW Extreme Ice for a cool inhale feeling in your mouth without menthol flavor", which I found useful.
I have INW Eucalyptus & Mint - only used it once so far at 1 % as an add on to HIC's White Mints (or Tic Tac in our terms) recipe and love it.

I need to buy a new Menthol.

Anyone recommend a Menthol concentrate they prefer above the rest?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
are you looking for a pure menthol or mint? i typically reblend a few commercials to get the profile i am after. as a pure menthol i still make my own from ground menthol crystals dissolved in pg at 10%
using that as a base you can edge it in any direction you choose with supporting concentrates. i find a tiny touch of mint really boosts and rounds out a basic menthol. i use fa peppermint, tpa creme de menth or wintergreen for example. all of those give you a very different feel. there are a good few others that work too but those two are simple and easy to work with.
appologies for being a slightly dissjointed reply.

are you looking for a pure menthol or mint? i typically reblend a few commercials to get the profile i am after. as a pure menthol i still make my own from ground menthol crystals dissolved in pg at 10%
using that as a base you can edge it in any direction you choose with supporting concentrates. i find a tiny touch of mint really boosts and rounds out a basic menthol. i use fa peppermint, tpa creme de menth, for example. there are a good few others that work too but those two are simple and easy to work with.
I like a proper Menthol - cold and the Menthol taste, not minty.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

then your basic solution, most are pretty much the same as the home blended variety. maybe sweetened slightly with low 0,5 or so of em and cooled with extra coolent. koolada or similar at sub 1% should get you close.

I have just always used Skyblue's 60% menthol. Never tried much else. Got real tired of menthol real quick

if its a really kicky menthol you are after maybe adjust the solution to 30% ii wouldn't go much higher as you loose control at too high a concentration. once you know your favourite strength and dosage you can even preblend with koolada and em to save mixing time. call it a ice stone.

Hello my peeps...
Wanted to find out something.
If i mix up a small batch of juice and test it out and say for example its not as sweet as i'd like.
Can i add in more sweetner or mashmellow after its mixed up?
Basically can you add in concentrates even after its all mixed up?
Thanks peeps

Hello my peeps...
If i mix up a small batch of juice and test it out and say for example its not as sweet as i'd like.
Thanks peeps
Yip, I often adjust new recipes on the fly for a few days while testing to get to that right spot. Currently I'm working on the lemon part of a lemon meringue pie, and I've added a few % of lemon after mixing over a few days already

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

the fa version is pretty decent. not sure if any vendors carry. if none can be found you can come back to me and maybe i can spare a sample 20ml or so.
@cam ,thanks for the offer, I checked all local suppliers and cant find any. BLCK told me he will have stock on the next shipment. If you can spare me 10ml I would be so grateful. Thanks in regards.
Petrus

@cam ,thanks for the offer, I checked all local suppliers and cant find any. BLCK told me he will have stock on the next shipment. If you can spare me 10ml I would be so grateful. Thanks in regards.
Petrus
send me a pm. ...

Hello my peeps...
Thanks peeps
yes you can.

Hello my peeps...
Thanks peeps
You can - just make notes of what you did. Nothing worse than getting it just right and not being able to produce it again!

Made this earlier needs a bit more steeping but tasting very promising
Lemon cream cookies
TFA Lemon 2%
Cap Lemon Meringue v2 8%
Cap Sugar Cookie v2 2%
TFA Vanilla Swirl 1.5%
TFA Sweet Cream 2.5%
EM 1.5%

Lemon cream cookies
TFA Lemon 2%
Cap Lemon Meringue v2 8%
Cap Sugar Cookie v2 2%
TFA Vanilla Swirl 1.5%
TFA Sweet Cream 2.5%
EM 1.5%

Great! Was looking for a lemon cream. Let us know what it taste like when steeped. Thanks

Lemon cream cookies
TFA Lemon 2%
Cap Lemon Meringue v2 8%
Cap Sugar Cookie v2 2%
TFA Vanilla Swirl 1.5%
TFA Sweet Cream 2.5%
EM 1.5%

Thanks for sharing, been working on a recipe myself.

If you like this try FA croissant, it tastes a lot like lemon creams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any suggestions on how to create or add a frosted or glazed "coating"? For example to donut or cereal type recipes.

Thinking maybe meringue or EM, a bit weary of sweeter though due to gunking coils and aftertaste? Hoping some you DIY'ers have a solution?

Hey guys... Anyone have a nice milky cereal recipe? Something similar to milked?

Hey guys... Anyone have a nice milky cereal recipe? Something similar to milked?

Haven't tasted the current version of milked, only tasted it when it was first released. Remember it being a grainy type of cereal milk. Not sure if this is still the profile?

Posted a milky fruitloops recipe a few pages back that was based on the real Barney rubble.

I have also found a good milk base that I tweaked from some of what I believe to be HIC's notes:

0.4 FA Condensed milk
2% Cap VC V1 or V2
2% Cap Bavarian Cream

Then you can add your stronger flavour notes from there

So being a new DIY'er it is impossible to let anything steep. Decided to give the deep fried icecream balls a try, and my goodness is it tasty! A touch harsh on the throat but damn after 2 weeks it is going to be delish with some time for the VBIC, VC and butter cream to develop. Only potential improvement I can think of at this stage is maybe a little EM or smooth to round it off.

Will report back after it has had a proper steep though.

@moonunit please could you give me an update on this and share your recipe with me please as well as your cereal recipe u posted I can't seem you find it?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

@moonunit please could you give me an update on this and share your recipe with me please as well as your cereal recipe u posted I can't seem you find it?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hey @kyle_redbull the deep fried icecream came out delish! Only tweak I have made is to reduce the AP slightly, every now and then I would get the slightest hint of Fritos coming through.

a61aad665db5519856f0d97bfda29955.png

8aecef74528622d087bb395ea0a1ab19.png

Found with this fruit loops when it is fresh you get more of a milky flavour, once it starts aging it tends to become a bit more lemony. Feel free to reduce the %'s a bit

Hi guys so I made a recipe:

6% TFA Strawberry Ripe
5% CAP Glazed Doughnuts
4% TFA Bavarian Cream
2-3% TFA Condensed Milk
2% TFA Vanilla
70VG-30PG

Was absolutely horrific for a shake and vape, but after a weeks steeping in my box, it has become my ADV. Made a extra batch and asked the loved one to hide it, so I can actually test it with decent steep time

Back