Car Talk

Or a 1400 Champ :-D
And its always the biggest of Men driving those Champs :-D
True, then they sit crouched up and the loadbed is full then my wife comments how the hell can that guy not know he's too big for that poor bakkie

Sent from my Venue 7 HSPA+ using Tapatalk

These new Mercs are awesome, no doubt, but not I’m terms of handling and for me that’s the selling point, will take a 320d around a bend faster then an S63, reason being, AMG too much power, no control, the rolly as big and comfy as she might be, can handle the curves, because again, BMW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For sure brother the powerplant is just too much too make those wheels stick to the road.
My Toppie has a C55 and you cant put your foot down on pull off cause you will just land up leaving your tyre burnt on the tarmac :-D

But its just a beast of a vehicle and he will never sell it, shes 13 years old and around 120k on the clock .

Funny storry my sis was looking for a new Car so she went to Hyndai and my parents went with so out of curiosity my Toppie asked what would they give him for his vehicle :-D The amount they offered wouldnt even cover to buy a i10 :-D
He just laughed at them.

For sure brother the powerplant is just too much too make those wheels stick to the road.
My Toppie has a C55 and you cant put your foot down on pull off cause you will just land up leaving your tyre burnt on the tarmac :-D

But its just a beast of a vehicle and he will never sell it, shes 13 years old and around 120k on the clock .

Funny storry my sis was looking for a new Car so she went to Hyndai and my parents went with so out of curiosity my Toppie asked what would they give him for his vehicle :-D The amount they offered wouldnt even cover to buy a i10 :-D
He just laughed at them.

That’s the sad part with all the older cars, only a collector or someone that wants it will pay you for looking after it, as a dealer, we won’t buy them in a hurry

True, then they sit crouched up and the loadbed is full then my wife comments how the hell can that guy not know he's too big for that poor bakkie

Hahaha his loadbed is full of his entire family, 5 kids, Gramdad, Grandma and some other Aunty :-D

And not a huge difference in styling or comfort between the normal S and the Maybach, but a lovely car in its own right

However you put it. Mercy still holds its value BMW not so much so all the bells and whistles don't mean a thing on resale.

That’s the sad part with all the older cars, only a collector or someone that wants it will pay you for looking after it, as a dealer, we won’t buy them in a hurry

Thats true bud. Its basically not worth selling a car like that.

I was hopping he would sell it to me when he bought a new car but unfortunately i got told "i will never sell her to anyone".

However you put it. Mercy still holds its value BMW not so much so all the bells and whistles don't mean a thing on resale.

Oh yes all the extras you put count for nothing if you trade in only when the shop resells then its added on :-D

But i guess the extras are for personal prefrence in having the luxuries one wants .

Uncle @Rob Fisher when is the real one coming? But Red please, having a Ferrari in any other colour is just not right.

If anyone here buys a Ferrari or Lambo please remember a Ferrari is Red and Lambo is Yellow and thats it.

@Clouds4Days I tried to buy a Ferrari (The Magnum PI version) but I could hardly get into the car and once in there was no space for my legs and was unable to drive it... and to get out I had to open the door and throw myself to the tarmac...

@Clouds4Days I tried to buy a Ferrari (The Magnum PI version) but I could hardly get into the car and once in there was no space for my legs and was unable to drive it... and to get out I had to open the door and throw myself to the tarmac...

Hahahaha ive never sat in one of those, but the worst car ive ever had to try get into and out was a Lotus, im almost sure they designed by dwarfs.

Same thing i had to basically roll out and use my hands on the floor to get out. Ridiculous stuff.

@Christos - are you serious? Merc, bmw and audi dont have heated seats?
But they are European cars, surely they have that for the winters there?
It's a special request item. Basically they have stock of sports kits etc but they are trying to sell what is in stock and not what the customer wants.
The more expensive models 800k plus have heated seats but even those are only available on the full house models.

Audi imports a lot of their vehicles with no leather and fits the leather here for a 1/3 of the price but fails to tell the customer this information.
Leather comes standard with heated seats if it's audi factory fitted.

1 more thing @Silver, you don't think you need heated seats until you have used them.

It's something you don't think it's important until you drive a car without. I haven't used heat from the air con in about 6 years. No need. Warm butt and back and the rest of the body hearts up rather efficiently.

I drive with that sunroof open in winter. Firstly the weather is beautiful and clear and secondly it helps with vapour as I rarely open windows.

On that topic of Nissan Champ...
Back in the day when I was still an apprentice I had one,loved her,was my pride and joy!
e6853d729766b118a6ac1347d63e89ad.jpg

And then 3 months later...my wife did this
9f2386376c5d6892ce3dc898803c8fe4.jpg
30968689fdd2e84c5bd7a13a1efeb0fe.jpg

Thankfully she was fine,I was just pissed that she had all the fun.

Best of all,I tipped it onto the wheels,and drove it home,insurance wrote it off,paid out R12k...

Back in the day when I was still an apprentice I had one,loved her,was my pride and joy!

Best of all,I tipped it onto the wheels,and drove it home,insurance wrote it off,paid out R12k...

Shame bud, those things are so light . how did she do that on the straight bud?

2 years back went to the MotorShow at Kyalami,

Porsche 919 Hybrid that competed in the 2016 Le Mans the Car in the Pic #1 finished 13th with car #2 finishing 1st.

Next to that race machine is the insanely fast the Porsche 918 Spyder which is owned by the Owner of the Porsche SA, if you go to Porsche center Johannesburg you will usually find this vehicle on display on the showroom floor.

Apparently the car is not road legal on SA roads because it is a Left Hand Drive and there is some law that prohibits any new LH drive cars to be registered.

20160903_122553_HDR.jpg

Shame bud, those things are so light . how did she do that on the straight bud?

Now that is the trick question...

She hit the corner from tarmac to gravel at quite a speed as I understood and the lil Champ got tail happy,with what I could see from the marks she corrected quite well,but one side shaft was busted after so maybe that was the cause of her losing it finally.

For the love of cars

440i Vert M sport

49d3296532c864165afad76f466f58a3.jpg

X3 M Sport

5bd186a8ff506e740d6f466019b3feff.jpg

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

I knew a guy that was going to sign the purchase when he reached home after his test drive.we were all dissapointed when he let the guy take the car back to the showroom as soon as he stepped out the car.his reason was the suspension sucks and we didnt even get to take pics

Sent from my X30 using Tapatalk

Rear wheel drive and gravel isnt any mans ballgame

Did your wife make it out ok though

I learnt to sit next to my wife while she drives but i always insists on taking the wheel on a good old grondpad.

I learnt to sit next to my wife while she drives but i always insists on taking the wheel on a good old grondpad.

She was fine,her whole family drives like hooligans though,thats why she doesnt drive the Beemer.I always thought I would be the one ending up like that,that bakkie never knew a straight line on that gravel.

6b4ba62df36a6718307175c63b945220.jpg

A little awesome car I missed out on,probably a good thing I got that bakkie instead,guy had a 13B rotary motor in this car...

c8097416e3bf57dd1daa80f659050ef0.jpeg

The wife on my first and last bike,loved it to bits,unfortunately Witbank’s roads were not for these machines.

146623cc9bdbd68df17e3d5c0c7b41c6.jpeg

And this car was something special too,underrated in so many ways,still a machine of note,sold her to my uncle and now shes RIP.

Back