Changing flavours on a rda

For R400 I am willing to risk it
I've just ordered the Revenant (only 1 left in stock so I had to move quick!)

What I was trying to say is that most people start off on regulated then venture into mechanical setups. Other than the danger angle, mechs are not everyone's cup of tea and didnt want you to be "put off" from vaping right from the start.

But should you venture into mechs here are some tips:

- know your Ohm's Law
- read up on battery specs and what they mean - know what the battery you're using limits are
- always check your battery is properly wrapped, any tears in a wrap must be changed
- always check your resistance reading on a regulated mod (if you dont have a 521 Tab) after every pitstop or rewick just to be sure

lastly, ask questions here if you are not sure

regards

Revenant x TVL DELTA Squonk 100W Mod - Any thoughts?
Same thoughts as @Puff the Magic Dragon.

Decent mod, had that and a topside. My only thing with the delta is that its 6ml vs topside of 10ml capacity. Having more juice before having to refill is like the best thing since sliced bread. If delta held 10ml I would probably rate it higher than topside.

Mesh chews through juice. But also depends on how much you vape in terms of ml/day.

Mechs are bad unless you really good with electricity and resistance calculations. The batteries have limits and if pushed to hard on a low resistance coil, You basically have a pipe bomb in your hand. Know your stuff before even considering.

Mechs also fade off, so as the battery voltage dies so does the power to your coil. In easy terms if it starts off felling like 50w for example, then it will feel like 35w by the time the batt runs low (wattage changes as per coil resistance). There is also no discharge protection on mechs, so if you run them below 2.8v. It will destroy your battery internals and it becomes risky to even charge them (wont hold capacity or even charge or worst case explode).

What I was trying to say is that most people start off on regulated then venture into mechanical setups. Other than the danger angle, mechs are not everyone's cup of tea and didnt want you to be "put off" from vaping right from the start.

But should you venture into mechs here are some tips:

- know your Ohm's Law
- read up on battery specs and what they mean - know what the battery you're using limits are
- always check your battery is properly wrapped, any tears in a wrap must be changed
- always check your resistance reading on a regulated mod (if you dont have a 521 Tab) after every pitstop or rewick just to be sure

lastly, ask questions here if you are not sure

regards
Thank you man. I watch so many reviewer videos that I have picked up all this info just by osmosis.
I was making the joke that for R400 I am willing to blow my arm off :)

All this talk of mech squonkers and nobody mentions a Reo? This forum has changed a lot :) Where are the Reonauts?

My 2c - agree that mechs should probably wait. But I got my first Reo early and that safety spring is simple but works, so I felt better about it than a typical mech.
If you only want to buy one squonker in a lifetime, get a Reo. I know you probably won't go that route, but if you decide you want one, PM me - know someone on the forum who'd part with one. You can't buy them brand new anymore.

Sorry people, many eyes rolling, I can feel them!

All this talk of mech squonkers and nobody mentions a Reo? This forum has changed a lot :) Where are the Reonauts?

My 2c - agree that mechs should probably wait. But I got my first Reo early and that safety spring is simple but works, so I felt better about it than a typical mech.
If you only want to buy one squonker in a lifetime, get a Reo. I know you probably won't go that route, but if you decide you want one, PM me - know someone on the forum who'd part with one. You can't buy them brand new anymore.

Reo you said? Most beautiful piece of engineering! Received this via the generosity of @BumbleBee. My pride and joy!
IMG_20201017_191505.jpg IMG_20200524_165030.jpg IMG_20200501_164633.jpg IMG_20200320_070528.jpg IMG_20200325_212355.jpg IMG_20200321_184518.jpg IMG_20200331_173708.jpg

Same thoughts as @Puff the Magic Dragon.

Decent mod, had that and a topside. My only thing with the delta is that its 6ml vs topside of 10ml capacity. Having more juice before having to refill is like the best thing since sliced bread. If delta held 10ml I would probably rate it higher than topside.

Mesh chews through juice. But also depends on how much you vape in terms of ml/day.

Mechs are bad unless you really good with electricity and resistance calculations. The batteries have limits and if pushed to hard on a low resistance coil, You basically have a pipe bomb in your hand. Know your stuff before even considering.

Mechs also fade off, so as the battery voltage dies so does the power to your coil. In easy terms if it starts off felling like 50w for example, then it will feel like 35w by the time the batt runs low (wattage changes as per coil resistance). There is also no discharge protection on mechs, so if you run them below 2.8v. It will destroy your battery internals and it becomes risky to even charge them (wont hold capacity or even charge or worst case explode).
I have noticed that I drip 6/7 drops on my profile 1.5 mesh, and after 3 long pulls it's a burnt hit immediately, so it eats like a maniac. If I drip any more than 8 drops I get some leaking, so I am learning, but tomorrow once I get the squonker that should all be easier I hope :)

As for losing power as the battery slowly drains , I am used to that because I have used pod systems for about 6 months, and the likelihood of finding a pod system without direct output is rare.

Nord 2 -> Drag X -> Gen S -> Nautilus GT -> Wasp nano rta -> Profile 1.5 -> Revenant Squonker all in the space of 2 weeks. I think it's time I stop looking for new things and learn to use these :p

The only thing I can bug all of you on now is getting maximum flavour from my current devices.

Nord 2 -> Drag X -> Gen S -> Nautilus GT -> Wasp nano rta -> Profile 1.5 -> Revenant Squonker all in the space of 2 weeks. I think it's time I stop looking for new things and learn to use these :p

The only thing I can bug all of you on now is getting maximum flavour from my current devices.

Welcome to the Rabbit Hole!!!! There is no turning back!!!

T
Are those mtl squonkers? I assume u just build high resistance on them?
They are customized Reo's with Vicious Ant Cyclone BF RDA's - very good flavour chasing MTL setup. (I think @Rob Fisher preferred the 2013 deck)
@Dela Rey Steyn pics of his Reo have OL16 BF RDA's (tiny French atties now impossible to find) which are great for both MTL & semi-restricted DL.

Ahhh the good old days buying a carton for R500 and lasting a week :p

Are those mtl squonkers? I assume u just build high resistance on them?

Yes, they are @MeirTaitz! They were my staple vape back in the day (6 years ago) and it's had a micro coil of 1.5mm with a resistance of around 1Ω in the 2013 Cyclone with a 1mm airhole. I also had the wood versions called the Woodvil!
Photo 019.JPG

REO's are no longer made so praying for an advert in the classies is the only option I'm afraid.
That will never happen chances are slim to none lol. And if there ever is one it will be grabbed so fast with my luck I will miss it.

Hey guys

I just changed the mesh and put in a new wick on the rda. Everytime I take it off there is a fair amount of juice on the 510 and around it. What am I doing wrong?

Hey guys

I just changed the mesh and put in a new wick on the rda. Everytime I take it off there is a fair amount of juice on the 510 and around it. What am I doing wrong?
You have swapped out the squonk pin for the normal one, right? If you have, it is probably just from over-dripping, or tilting the mod that is leaking a little out of the airflow holes. If not, check the seal on your 510 pin.

You have swapped out the squonk pin for the normal one, right? If you have, it is probably just from over-dripping, or tilting the mod that is leaking a little out of the airflow holes. If not, check the seal on your 510 pin.

I have indeed changed the pin. I did find that I could still tighten the 510 a little bit so maybe it was a little loose.

I just gave another try on rewicking the nano rta and it's FINALLY tasting decent. Woohoo!!

It's what the folk here do, in a short while you will be telling the new folk about your experiences. Let's not lose sight of what we want to achieve.

Thou shalt not smoke.

Regardless of which holy grail we all chase, while doing that we are not smoking. I had friends that I don't see often, they came and stayed this weekend. Between the two of them and between 2 pm Sat to 1 pm on Sunday they smoked around 45 stinkies. I don't nanny them, they are grown ups and have no interest in vaping. I could however hear them both coughing in the morning.

Absolutely, and I cannot believe how repulsive I find the smell from far away now. I feel sorry for all the people I smoked around all these years.

Back