Clapton wire Build

Hakhan

Dedicated Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi
So after watching the video on claptons coils on the coil company thread led me to the question what size wire should you use to make clapton wire.
26/32 from the video seemed to defeat the purpose of clapton wire.
Using 24g wire ss/kanthal/ni80 what would be the good size clapton wire...36 or higher? Flavour driven.

Hi
So after watching the video on claptons coils on the coil company thread led me to the question what size wire should you use to make clapton wire.
26/32 from the video seemed to defeat the purpose of clapton wire.
Using 24g wire ss/kanthal/ni80 what would be the good size clapton wire...36 or higher? Flavour driven.
My favorite all rounder build for intense flavor and good clouds is 2 x 26ga Ni80 core with 38ga NiCo80 clapton. More specifically 26ga Ni80 from Kidney Puncher and 38ga NiCo80 from GasPhase, good quality but cheap wire and the coils last for ages without any flavor drop. Just dry burn and rewick every week. I'm currently using this pair of coils 3mm ID, 7 wrap, reading at 0.2ohm for about a month in my Kylin rta

I do 2x26g KP Ni80 wrapped with 36g KP Ni80. Tons of flavor and easy to build with. Get yourself the Daedalus clapton maker. You won't be sorry. Only had it for a few days and it is really awesome!

Have been
I do 2x26g KP Ni80 wrapped with 36g KP Ni80. Tons of flavor and easy to build with. Get yourself the Daedalus clapton maker. You won't be sorry. Only had it for a few days and it is really awesome!
Have been using a drill, clamps and a shackle. Was trying to get a simple clapton done well before moving to a fused. Does the daedalus make the job much easier?

Have been

Have been using a drill, clamps and a shackle. Was trying to get a simple clapton done well before moving to a fused. Does the daedalus make the job much easier?
It does make it a lot easier but if you only going dual core fused claptons it shouldn't be difficult with what you have, only when there's more than 2 cores it gets difficult to avoid the twisting

Have been

What @zadiac said.
I've never tried the drill etc etc but with the daedalus it's effortless.
Im even making aliens with 38 AWG outer.

My favorite all rounder build for intense flavor and good clouds is 2 x 26ga Ni80 core with 38ga NiCo80 clapton. More specifically 26ga Ni80 from Kidney Puncher and 38ga NiCo80 from GasPhase, good quality but cheap wire and the coils last for ages without any flavor drop. Just dry burn and rewick every week. I'm currently using this pair of coils 3mm ID, 7 wrap, reading at 0.2ohm for about a month in my Kylin rta
This specific build sometimes with 2x28 AWG sometimes with 2x 26 AWG and 38 AWG outer is superb.
I rate it the same as a alien coil that I made. Also much easier to make this!

Back