Coil life

Could be that the airflo is not hitting the coil correctly, i had this problem when i still was a noob at coil building

Lol im also stumped, honestly in the 3 years ive been vaping i dont remember having this dilemma, cant pin-point which variable has changed, so cant fix the bug.
The Goon is also sensitive to WHERE you drip it. Are you painting the coils? I found this gave me some hassle unlike the Phenotype. Try dripping on the posts so it hits the well and sucks up from there. Most of the fellas who's coils last so long are either using tanks or BFA's like Reos

3 years vaping... doubt he is a noob builder
If you read my post correctly you will see that i said that is what happened to to me as a newbe.

If the air flow hits more below the the coil it tends to gunk up faster at the top, but yes this all depends on what you are building on

I have the same problem @Jakey my coils don't go longer than 2-3 days. I dry burnt one this morning re-wicked and then left for work. At 9:00am all I could taste was burn so had to rebuild and rewick again.

Yesterday I met a guy vaping on a coil he said has been going since the 9th of September :eek: all he has done is dry burn and rewick. I am also not sure what I am doing wrong

I have the same problem @Jakey my coils don't go longer than 2-3 days. I dry burnt one this morning re-wicked and then left for work. At 9:00am all I could taste was burn so had to rebuild and rewick again.

Yesterday I met a guy vaping on a coil he said has been going since the 9th of September :eek: all he has done is dry burn and rewick. I am also not sure what I am doing wrong

What brand of wire are you guys using @NaZa05 and @Jakey?
Apologies if you have posted it above and I missed it

I find my SS coils gunk up quickly also it does depend on the juice. My kanthal coils on the other hand seem to last way longer and need less time between for wicking

Yoh my nichrome builds gunk up just as quick, which wire do u use
Based on what you said above - I think the constant here is the juice, trust me I have moaned endlessly on this forum from gunk'ed up coils. Its way worse when you have Fused Clapton's, Alien or Staggertons etc.

Do you DIY or are you running Retail Juice? if you DIY show us the recipe that you are vaping, if not show us the juice that you are vaping... The struggle is real bro, I hear you!!! :D

@Jakey, that junk doesn't mean the coil is fried. I think it's the juice you're using that junks up fast. I found some juices, mostly clear fruit types will show a clear coils 2 weeks in with the same wick but the flavour will start to drop around this time. The darker juicy, especially desert and nutty types could look like that in 2 days.

What I found is the initial install is quite important. I used to rebuild that Nuppin I got from you every week initially and rewick at least once a day to keep the fresh flavour. I also used to realign the coils and tension them daily.Then I started spending more time getting the length, position, tension, and spacing right when I fitted a new coil.

Then the maintenance bit. I make every effort to not move the coils when wicking. When cleaning/changing wick, I rinse the coil while on a mod. Then dry burn for a while to let the muck really come off. Blow off the muck and rinse under the tap again. Turn it around and repeat. I do this at least 3 times usually but can do 4 to 5 times if it ends up like your coils.

The wattage you dry burn at is important,I found around half what I usually vape at is about right for most coils but higher for really thick wire builds. You need to play around to find a sweet. I start low on a knew build but have them preset as a saved setting on my mods that I have figured out. Too low won't get all the junk out and too high will shorten the coil lifespan very fast and most likely result in it breaking at the post soon.

I found that having spaced coils dont gunk up so fast as the contact coils that i some times build and i also vape high vg juices that has this bad habbed of realy gunking a coil fast.
I recently started vapeing on some 80-20,70-30 high vg juices as opposed to my longtime 50/50 mix and the difference in coil longevity especially with Clapton type builds is quite evident. I have to rinse them and rewick almost after each tank full.And I start getting that harsh burnt taste quicker thus having to recoil more often.Am I in the ballpark with others using higher vg juices on this? I think I know now why I hear the term"coil killer"in some juice reviews.

I recently started vapeing on some 80-20,70-30 high vg juices as opposed to my longtime 50/50 mix and the difference in coil longevity especially with Clapton type builds is quite evident. I have to rinse them and rewick almost after each tank full.And I start getting that harsh burnt taste quicker thus having to recoil more often.Am I in the ballpark with others using higher vg juices on this? I think I know now why I hear the term"coil killer"in some juice reviews.
Yeah High VG is a coil killer
I use no less than 80-20 all day on a RDTA. I replace cotton like once or twice a week and a simple SS spaced coil I replace once a week. Any longer and it tastes weird, I just wrap another coil, no washing or dry burning.

Sent from my GT-I9195I using Tapatalk

I use fruity flavours mostly, but with heavy sweet flavours like desserts, I've had to change coil twice a week.

Sent from my GT-I9195I using Tapatalk

Back