Combining counselling and e-cigs to quit smoking

Hooked

Vapin' up a Storm
LV

Awards
Combining Counselling And E-Cig Use is Most Effective in Helping Smokers Quit
https://www.vapingpost.com/2021/02/...use-is-most-effective-in-helping-smokers-quit
10 Feb. 2021

"The research consisted of a randomised controlled trial involving 376 participants ...

Around a third of the study participants (128), were given nicotine-containing e-cigarettes alongside regular counselling sessions, while 127 volunteers were given e-cigarettes without nicotine and counselling. The rest of the participants, 121, were just offered counselling.

The trial found that at 12 weeks, 21.9% of participants given nicotine-containing e-cigarettes had quit smoking, while only 17.3% of participants given non-nicotine e-cigarettes were successful, and only 9.1% of those recieving [sic] just counselling. The researchers concluded that those using nicotine-containing e-cigarettes were 2.4 times more likely to quit than those who did not...

The researchers added that sadly these findings will not be considered to hold much weight since their trial was stopped early, due to being unable to recruit the required number of participants..."

I would be most surprised if counselling were found to be effective. It needs far more than therapy to give up smoking!

What do you see in this picture?

7b542f1a807cb89e14bc4cb00710b75a.jpg

I dont need therapy.
Well, thats what the voices tell me.

Last edited:
Who needs therapy when we have each other... you need to be a looooon to know if someone else is a looooon...

Good one I saw today..

Have you had enough time with your loved ones? They haven't had enough time with you either. Take back the years tobacco has taken from you and give them back to your family. #LegaliseVaping

FB_IMG_1613308844871.jpg

Back on topic

I do think that quitting smoking needs more than just the gear to do so

one needs ongoing help, advice and motivation

The folks on this forum helped me immensely in my early days. Ok the gear wasn’t nearly as user friendly or accessible as it is now - but the assistance from so many played a big role. Without that help I’d probably have still been smoking

Back