Constructive suggestions

@M5000 heres a handy trick I spotted on another site, use Google search to only search a specific site with your chosen keywords and not the entire web.
The search string format is site:web url keywords ie site:www.ecigssa.co.za SVD however if you use this sites search function and just enter "SVD", it throws out the too common error.
The results are exclusively ecigssa results and you can then browse pics videos etc as per usual on a google page.

Thanks for replies. @blujeenz that idea hadn't crossed my mind, that will certainly help a great deal, appreciate it!

All in good spirit folks, we live, we learn, we grow!

Hi all

Thank you for your constructive comments and suggestions.

Just wanted to let you know that the ECIGSSA team is working hard on changes to make things better.

Hopefully we will be able to announce something great in the short to medium term.
I'd like to see a medal for Vapeing Advocate for members that constantly bring important vapeing issues and news to the members.If this already exists please excuse me.If not I'd like to nominate Alex.

Hi. The first post said suggestions, so just a couple quick ones not related to other discussions here.

1. I am relatively new, and very unfamiliar with the forum topics and discussions. I often want to talk about something, but I don't know if it has been discussed before. The forum search feature is not always helpful to me, and sometimes if the search word is short it doesn't perform a search. Like NCV is too short, but I want to find reviews about the juices. But reviews are not always in reviews, it could be discussed in another e-liquid discussion which could be buried deep in a thread in the newbie forum where a newbie asked for juice advice.
2. When two words are searched, it will find too many results and most irrelevant. For example, if I search vv3 it won't return and results because it's too short, if I type iTaste vv3 it will return all the iTaste results which would be about other iTaste products. Maybe allowing shorter words to be searched, or a search that will find results only when those two words appear together.
3. For quite some time I have been having trouble logging in, the "log in"button on the home screen keeps rotating as if it's about to load but it stays stuck there.
4. A forum "map" or something similar would help so we can find topics better. Sometimes I search for something and don't find it, but I come across it afterwards. I am hesitant to start a topic and get a "this topic has been discussed elsewhere please do a forum search before posting".
5. Maybe there is one existing, please guide me to it, if not then a thread could be started where members could ask for directions like where to find something or where to post something.

I find so much of information here, and I rely on it, but sometimes I feel like it needs a bit of trimming down, like if the topic is dripper then there shuld only be one place for it. Maybe a way to guide people to post in the correct place would be some table or similar thing where they choose what exactly they want to discuss and find that topic on the table and then the table will say for example "Dripper - C 2.3.1" so that is where he must post.

Sorry for the length, this is not a criticism, this forum is brilliant, I'm just expressing some of the issues I've experienced so in future when you make improvements it can be considered.

Thanks!
Do not be put off if someone tells you it has been discussed before - just thank that person for helping you - I have a huge respect for peeps that remember previous discussions and have the knack of finding them. It is in the nature of forums with new members joining all the time that some subjects will come up all the time, e.g. diacetyl I can think of right now.

There was an instant PM button that appeared for 5min next to ppls names. Bring that back.
Also move the thumbs down and dislike button to the end. Big thumbs push wrong buttons.

Hi Guys, just a small one. When I click on a banner it will open that site up on my current page (in other words closing my ECIGSSA page). I personally always open things in a new tab, but if someone stumbles on your site and clicks a banner, you don't want them not coming back. Something you can do your side so that all links/banners are opened in a new tab/window?

Hi Guys, just a small one. When I click on a banner it will open that site up on my current page (in other words closing my ECIGSSA page). I personally always open things in a new tab, but if someone stumbles on your site and clicks a banner, you don't want them not coming back. Something you can do your side so that all links/banners are opened in a new tab/window?

100% spot on suggestion. The techies are working on it now! :rock:

Thanks for the suggestion @Stosta

That has been implemented. This techie was hard at work @Rob Fisher ;-)
he he

Please also can you look at sorting out the these links sometime.....OCD :p

Unless Custom Link 3 and 4 are new retailers :D

Capture.PNG

There was an instant PM button that appeared for 5min next to ppls names. Bring that back.
Also move the thumbs down and dislike button to the end. Big thumbs push wrong buttons.
I agree on the 'More visible' PM / Send Message / Start Conversation button.
It seems that most people are used to other forum styles where there is no ability to do 'Profile Posts'. They totally miss the tiny little 'Conversation' / 'Start a new conversation' link, so all 'PMs' tend to end up as a publicly visible Profile Post to the intended user instead..

I just look at them sometimes and wonder how long it's going to be before we get our first public testimonial like 'Hi honey, I really think we should meet up so you can see for yourself what a lovable hot hunk I am' ;)

Not sure if this is just a once off glitch. Check the STM/Trinity thread, it is listed twice, 2nd one goes no where

Capture.PNG

WOW, the site is glitchy today.

May i ask, why you use Hetzner's German servers ? I thought advanced packages now have unlimited traffic quotas ?

Try click with your middle mouse button, and not the left one

Not sure if this is just a once off glitch. Check the STM/Trinity thread, it is listed twice, 2nd one goes no where

View attachment 46515
Mate, that was me looking for a second opinion... Actually that is not true, it was me making a complete arse of myself. Sorry brother.

Agreed here I have clumsy thumbs and have to undo accidental down ratings pretty often looool

May I ask what is the goal ?

Might help get more donations, if we knew what we aiming for.

Capture.JPG

Ever thought of a SuperBru club for EcigsSA ? Could even get vendors involved with yellow cap prizes.

"What are you buying to replace it?" in the Classifieds For Sale template. (even if it's not compulsory). I always wonder :rolleyes:

Dont know if you can but is there a place i can see my own post or forums that i created. Maybe if you want to edit ot or check if it has realy gine online?

Back