Cotton bacon v2 vs cotton bacon prime

Dreadside

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
I use cb2 exclusively and have tried cb prime but don't like it I get a strange papper tast off it, tride with the same dripper and the same juice and did not forget the cotton break in but still the same, been thinking of trying the ti fiber cotton but don't want to waste my money and is't more hype than actual vape quality?o_O

i'm with you, benched my bag of Prime long ago, bottom drawer

I can assure you the tfc is not just hype. Been using it for more than a month now and only get good results every time. Really worth the extra R40.

Alternatively the Octocotton available from Vape King for R60 is also not bad at all. Bit of a break in but right up there with the CB's.

Titanium fiber cotton is super easy to work with and haven’t really gotten any cotton taste.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have used
Cotton Candy = Not for me had a strange taste.
CB V 2 = Great Cotton
CB Prime = Leaking on Siren 2 for some strange reason not in use anymore.Funny taste.

But the winner is:drums:20180711_151223-1.jpg
Believe me there is no hype to Titanium
Fiber Cotton this stuff is gold.Easy to wick, lasts longer , no crappy taste, and for me it brings out the flavour in your juice.Give it a shot you will never look back.

Always used CB2. Then bought both Prime and TFC. I started using the TFC and realy enjoys it - especially the ease of use. I have not opened to use Prime yet.

Sent by iDad's iPhone

I have had and still do get great results with CB Prime. Just got a tin of TFC so difficult to give thoughts as yet but all I can say is that you feel like snuggling in the tin with it, so soft and cuddly :)

Not yet @Raindance >:) but with all the love on this forum I am turning into a real softy :-D
I used to belong to a RC aircraft forum, man you had to be tough to survive there.

my bag of prime is in the back of the cupboard somewhere. I also get an off taste from it.

Back to CBV2 and all is good in the world again.

Glad it's not just me! I'll be buying some titanium fiber and give it a go. Thanks for the reply's

Last edited:
I use cb2 exclusively and have tried cb prime but don't like it I get a strange papper tast off it, tride with the same dripper and the same juice and did not forget the cotton break in but still the same, been thinking of trying the ti fiber cotton but don't want to waste my money and is't more hype than actual vape quality?o_O

Thanks for the question and thread @Dreadside

I use CB2 for my tobaccoes and richer juices.
I use Rayon and Royal Wicks for my fruity menthols and they work great.

Am happy with the CB2. Havent tried Prime.

I want to try the Titanium Fiber Cotton but havent yet.

Have to concur with some of the guys here, much prefer V2 to prime, especially in my drippers.

Prime has a break in period longer than the norm, other than that, it is fantastic cotton. It saturates faster than anything else, and it lasts much longer than VB2. Give a fair shot you might be surprised.
But - and this is for everyone - I will be at Vapecon on Sunday. I will gladly take everyone's discarded pack of Prime.:aplastao:

I have not yet used any of the Cotton Bacon but I am currently using Mr Fluff - a cotton/rayon blend. It is very easy to wick with and I have not yet had any issues.

I totally agree with @Steyn777 that CBP is the boss for wicking. For this reason it's my cotton of choice for squonks as you can take a hit almost instantly after squeezing. I also use it in the Titan (0.1ohm at 130w+, cotton goes from saturated to dry in 0.3 seconds) where it's also a winner.
That being said, because of the longer break in I tend to stick to V2 in lower power builds like the siren2 and Dvarw because Prime in these tanks takes ages to break in and get the full flavour.

Interesting thread this.

giphy.gif

I have been using Cotton Candy Collection for a while now (bought a few on special) and I'm not sure what to make of it. Anyone have any thoughts?

untitled_b01af882-78dc-470d-9595-23c80e36f2c8_580x.png

How strange.

Everyone's complaining about CB Prime having a funny taste. Not me, I love it big time.

Have tested Cb V2 and it gives me a funny taste. Streaky Cotton as well as UD cotton and Octocotton.

Alternatively the Octocotton available from Vape King for R60 is also not bad at all. Bit of a break in but right up there with the CB's.

I have to agree. When I first got it, I compared the texture feel to Cb V2 - it was much more silky. Reminded me of Cb prime, which has a silky feel.

Currently I'm using OctoCotton and to be honest, I've never seen a wick last more than one day but this gave me 2-3 days before rewicking my RDA.

Last edited:
Interesting thread this.

giphy.gif

I have been using Cotton Candy Collection for a while now (bought a few on special) and I'm not sure what to make of it. Anyone have any thoughts?

untitled_b01af882-78dc-470d-9595-23c80e36f2c8_580x.png
I have some of this that I still use. Suits my needs well!

In saying that I've never really noticed much of a difference in cottons. There was a big step a few years ago when our options were Rayon or Jap Cotton, but the plethora of products that followed shortly or seemed to cover my needs adequately.

Prime has a break in period longer than the norm, other than that, it is fantastic cotton. It saturates faster than anything else, and it lasts much longer than VB2. Give a fair shot you might be surprised.
But - and this is for everyone - I will be at Vapecon on Sunday. I will gladly take everyone's discarded pack of Prime.:aplastao:
Share some with me. Lol :D

I have to agree. When I first got it, I compared the texture feel to Cb V2 - it was much more silky. Reminded me of Cb prime, which has a silky feel.

Currently I'm using OctoCotton and to be honest, I've never seen a wick last more than one day but this gave me 2-3 days before rewicking my RDA.

You will be blown away by TFC. 5 days for me. And the reason I rewick is because the coil is gunked. I'm sure tfc can go more than a week of heavy vaping.

Back