Courier guy Delivery times

thehbomb101

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Morning Vapers ,I recently purchased a few goodies on sirvape and made use of the outlying areas option.Anybody have any idea around what time I can expect the package to arrive?And what exactly happens if I'm not home when they arrive?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Those guys... I don’t trust them or their delivery times, more like a we will drop it off when and if we get around to it, and if you challenge us we will lie to your face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel your concern @thehbomb101
It seems I have an ability to miss the couriers and it drives me nuts
I think if you not there, they deliver it on the next day's run
Not sure what happens if they miss you a few times

Would be cool if one could schedule a time slot with the courier

Those guys... I don’t trust them or their delivery times, more like a we will drop it off when and if we get around to it, and if you challenge us we will lie to your face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ah jeez,I honestly would just be happy if they left it in my garden somewhere as I live in an extremely safe neighborhood

I feel your concern @thehbomb101
It seems I have an ability to miss the couriers and it drives me nuts
I think if you not there, they deliver it on the next day's run
Not sure what happens if they miss you a few times

Would be cool if one could schedule a time slot with the courier
I sense a business Oppurtunity

Morning Vapers ,I recently purchased a few goodies on sirvape and made use of the outlying areas option.Anybody have any idea around what time I can expect the package to arrive?And what exactly happens if I'm not home when they arrive?

To make matters worse I chose outlying when I actually am eligible for major city!

For me The Courier Guy is by far the best courier on the planet... when I receive parcels they arrive between 7:30 and 8:00 am without fail. But I guess me and the courier guy have a relationship. :)

If you give them a call they will give you an indication of delivery time.

The only other courier I can count on is FedEx.

In the Republic of Knysna all Couriers are fcuked up!! Last two parcels Ive had took 6-7 days to get to me from the FS and Gauteng.
I ordered something from Amazon in the UK on a Monday and it was in my hand on the Friday,customs cleared etc etc.
It can be done but not by the muppets who call themselves couriers!!:-@:-@

I have found the Courier Guy in Cape Town to be really good. Just phone their office and ask when it is scheduled to arrive. If you won't be home ask them to bring it at another time. They once altered their entire morning route to help me out. Arrived ten minutes after my call instead of three hours later. If you are not there, they try once more. After that, you have to collect from them.

I have found the Courier Guy in Cape Town to be really good. Just phone their office and ask when it is scheduled to arrive. If you won't be home ask them to bring it at another time. They once altered their entire morning route to help me out. Arrived ten minutes after my call instead of three hours later. If you are not there, they try once more. After that, you have to collect from them.
Agree on that. I believe the drivers are franchisees on each route and service levels may therefore differ but the guys servicing my work and home routes are spectacular. I actually get a phone call to confirm my availability before hand and they will go out of their way to accommodate me if need be.

TCG is in my book an example of what it means to be a world class organisation. But as I said, these excellent work ethics may not be present on all their delivery routes.

Regards

The Courier Guys is fantastic in the main areas... but the wheels fall off in the outlying areas like Knysna and Kokstad where they outsource.

The Courier Guys is fantastic in the main areas... but the wheels fall off in the outlying areas like Knysna and Kokstad where they outsource.
80% of the countries logistics happens between Cape Town, Johannesburg, Durban and Tshwane. Bloem is fortunate being on a main artery but outside those areas costs escalate and profits dwindle.

I live in an outlying area (Yzerfontein, Cape West Coast) and I've never had a problem from any of the couriers. However, I must say that Dawn Wing is absolutely the best. You get an SMS telling you that they're about 1.4 km from your address! If we had a choice in courier, I would choose them, but no complaints about the others.

And as a matter of interest, distance doesn't seem to make a difference. My delivery from a vendor whois 1,5 hours drive from me, took
2 days - in spite of advertising "overnight delivery". If I'd known it was going to take that long I would have gone to fetch it myself. When I order from a vendor in Jhb it also takes 2 days - sometimes 3 at the most. Pretty good, I'd say!

The guy that does TCG deliveries to my parents are great. By now he knows my parents (where most of my parcels are being delivered) and they recon that he is the friendliest out. So no complaints from my side.

Sent by iDad's iPhone

Last edited:
As I said in a post above, the problem is not the delivery - it's the tracking. Here's a recent example.
Courier Guy picked up a parcel for me in Johannesburg on 5 Dec. at 13:22. I tried to track it that evening through Courier Guy's website but it said, "Sorry no packages been handled here …No details found for Waybill … “. It continued to say that throughout the day on 6 Dec. However, the parcel was successfully delivered at about 16:30 - on 6 Dec.

As I said in a post above, the problem is not the delivery - it's the tracking. Here's a recent example.
Courier Guy picked up a parcel for me in Johannesburg on 5 Dec. at 13:22. I tried to track it that evening through Courier Guy's website but it said, "Sorry no packages been handled here …No details found for Waybill … “. It continued to say that throughout the day on 6 Dec. However, the parcel was successfully delivered at about 16:30 - on 6 Dec.

Yip thier tracking system ain't the best! But the beauty of it is that I never really need to track a TCG parcel because I know it's gonna arrive between 7:30am and 8:15am... every time a coconut!

Had nothing but great service from TCG. In fact, often when I am not home the driver has come to meet me to deliver my parcel!

Jip same here, The Courier Guy FTW! Always next day delivery (Vaalpark, Sasolburg), Dawn Wing has a sub contractor (time freight i think) in my area, and they take 3 - 4 days to deliver. Also at a point that when I place an order I ask for TCG shipment if possible.

Well based on my experiences with The Courier Guy, Ive had about 80% of all my vape deliveries handled by them and in 4 years I have never had a bad experience. They have ALWAYS delivered my stuff in time. And i guess my area is one of the first areas on their schedule since it always arrives just after 9.

Actually I ordered the Profile Squonk from a store in Joburg and according to my tracking number it's already been loaded for delivery in Cape Town.

PUDO is also Courier guy based and I am using them more and more. My local mall have the boxes and they are a pleasure to both drop off and collect from.

Back