Courier guy Delivery times

I haven't had any issues with them thus far. Pretoria /jhb/dbn to capetown. 2 to 3 days max from load to drop off.

I also tick the box that i get notified with every step being taken.

TCG is excellent but ... sometimes things go wrong. However, that's a very small % of the time. No-one is perfect and mistakes happen.

e.g. one of my parcels from Jhb. to Cape Town was sent to Mpumulanga.
A parcel which I sent to someone also went to the wrong province.

These parcels were redirected to the correct destination. They did not go missing.

I'm just very curious as to how these mistakes happen, when the address and postal code are clearly marked on the parcel. I'd so love to be able to watch the process at the airport.

And as for some people throwing their toys out of the box because a delivery took 3 days instead of the usual 2 ... get real.

Sent a parcel off via Pudo (aka TCG) yesterday, locker to locker.

Parcel was collected yesterday, overnight to JHB, sent for delivery today and when the driver got to the locker he couldn't access it due to loadshedding.

Both the receiver and I got a message from the driver stating that he cannot drop the parcel in the locker and for us please confirm an alternative address for delivery direct to receiver (which was only 3 km away).

As luck would have it, power came back and driver eventually did drop the parcel in the locker, but just the fact that they were on the ball to make an alternative plan (better than ESKOM can say of their service delivery) scored them some more brownie points from me.

Not like my recent experience with the red guys that collected a parcel on the 4th, never checked in to a distribution center and seemingly cannot be found... not my first run in with them, so I shall gladly use TCG again with a smile rather.

Parcel was collected yesterday, overnight to JHB, sent for delivery today and when the driver got to the locker he couldn't access it due to loadshedding.

Both the receiver and I got a message from the driver stating that he cannot drop the parcel in the locker and for us please confirm an alternative address for delivery direct to receiver (which was only 3 km away).

As luck would have it, power came back and driver eventually did drop the parcel in the locker, but just the fact that they were on the ball to make an alternative plan (better than ESKOM can say of their service delivery) scored them some more brownie points from me.

Not like my recent experience with the red guys that collected a parcel on the 4th, never checked in to a distribution center and seemingly cannot be found... not my first run in with them, so I shall gladly use TCG again with a smile rather.

Interesting, thanks @DarthBranMuffin. I always use Pudo to send parcels locker to door and I've been wondering what would happen during loadshedding.

The Reo could also not be put into the locker, Driver phoned me, and we made an arrangement to leave the parcel with the Manager of the garage. Picked it up that night on my way home no problems.

On Friday my parcel made it from Durban to Jhb. Waiting all day for an update and just now got this message "mis-routed". FFS! Last time I choose free shipping from any vendor. Seems some of them use the (ECO) option and not (OVN) and then TCG drops the ball completely. So freakin' frustrating!

On Friday my parcel made it from Durban to Jhb. Waiting all day for an update and just now got this message "mis-routed". FFS! Last time I choose free shipping from any vendor. Seems some of them use the (ECO) option and not (OVN) and then TCG drops the ball completely. So freakin' frustrating!

I understand how furious you're feeling, but it's not the vendor's fault. Mis-routing happens unfortunately, even when you pay for shipping.

Me 2 mate, been waiting since Thursday for an update. Got the first update on Monday. Waiting on 3 packages. Today is wensday, still nothing. I will be putting up my personal experience with afrivape. It was my first time to purchase from them and the last aswell. Not very friendly and to add to it very backchaty. More to follow when the stuff gets here. Hopefully before year end.

Bearded viking customs :inlove:
Ivc 5son:inlove:
Afrivape:lipssealed:

Phone TCG for enquiries/complaints. Use the same number for Pudo.
I've posted the number here.

TCG is good with deliveries, but they suck at admin. Many times before have I had it that a parcel was delivered but it did not even show it was picked up from me yet. That being said, I will personally follow this one up with TCG today @Morix and confirm once I have spoken to them.

TCG is good with deliveries, but they suck at admin. Many times before have I had it that a parcel was delivered but it did not even show it was picked up from me yet. That being said, I will personally follow this one up with TCG today @Morix and confirm once I have spoken to them.

Agreed. The good service that I mentioned above did not indicate that the parcel still showed that it was in JHB until Monday at around midday, and then suddenly showed it in CT and then on delivery.

Thanx pal. Dis nie jou skuld nie. Maar dankie.

Spoke to them now, though the site shows it's still at the collection hub, it has passed through their warehouse and was loaded on the manifest to Cape Town, so either it is in Cape Town already but has just not been recorded or such, or it may still be on it's way there - to note what they just told me is that liquids may not be transported by plane, so this had to go via road freight (first for me as I've sent overnight via plane many times before). Just keep an eye out as this may likely reach you tomorrow (hoping but not holding my breath for today) or latest Friday (quoting the TCG representative I spoke to).

What's funny is that other parcels which were sent to Cape Town was delivered this morning already...

Spoke to them now, though the site shows it's still at the collection hub, it has passed through their warehouse and was loaded on the manifest to Cape Town, so either it is in Cape Town already but has just not been recorded or such, or it may still be on it's way there - to note what they just told me is that liquids may not be transported by plane, so this had to go via road freight (first for me as I've sent overnight via plane many times before). Just keep an eye out as this may likely reach you tomorrow (hoping but not holding my breath for today) or latest Friday (quoting the TCG representative I spoke to).

What's funny is that other parcels which were sent to Cape Town was delivered this morning already...
Yes i saw the vapemail thread where some of the guys had orders come from the same location and date as mine. They got their stuff this morning. ( nothing to do with this) after i had a heated discussion with Afrivape regarding their maintenance on stock availability on the website they sent my stuff overnight with no extra cost and apparently included free gear to compensate for their errors. This is already in CT and on delivery as we speak.

Back