CraftVapour - Juice Reviews

Thank you. I suspect it is the battery. I must get me more watts

A ProTank Mini and Spinner "limited gear?"
Say what. That sounds like a little piece of heaven to me :)

Fitted my friend's Spinner 2 to my mini last night, and was so blown away with how much better the experience is, compare to my normal battery.

A ProTank Mini and Spinner "limited gear?"
Say what. That sounds like a little piece of heaven to me :)

Fitted my friend's Spinner 2 to my mini last night, and was so blown away with how much better the experience is, compare to my normal battery.
Lol when i read threads here on dripper this and mod that, my spinner goes into hiding

Hey guys so i was running dangerously low on juice, a quick call to Craig and I popped in at his home in Durban to get some yesterday. Firstly, the man is kind and very knowledgable with vaping. There is no pressure to buy anything from him, and he doesn't rush you out of his house either.

I walked away with a bottle of Craft Vapour Honey Badger 12mg, some 1,5ohm dual coils , and some other juice (which i will not mention in this thread because it isn't craft vapour)

Now i know my gear is very limiting, so this may not be a review to go by, but i will share my thoughts here anyway.

Gear used: kanger protank mini 3 with a new 1,5ohm dual coil, and a freshly charged vision spinner 2.

The bottle is cool. I like the dark glass and dripper thing (however the bulbous end is kinda big for the protank mini, so I got to concentrate when filling to not get any liquid down the center pin. However i not once put liquid where it shouldn't go, so no problem)
The label is clear and legible. I love the look of it. Looks very premium.

The liquid is a very light brown colour. Smells like a tobacco kinda thing. I have never smoked pipe tobacco though.

Having never smoked pipe before, i cannot comment on how accurate the flavour is to real pipe tobacco, however the flavour is very smooth. On all voltage settings (3.3, 3.8, 4.3, 4.8) the flavour is stronger when exhaling through my nose, with more bitter vanilla present.
The presence of tobacco flavour intensified as i increased the voltage. On inhale i do get the hint of vanilla (not a sweet vanilla) and tobacco. These blend very nicely togther, but i really had to search to pick out the individual flavours. I could not find the honey on any voltage setting except 4,3 and 4,8v, but then it was just micron of the honey which was only present on inhale.
On exhale there is a strong tobacco flavour with some bitter vanilla. Very nice. This is not a sweet flavour, like i wanted initially. I would say this is a dry type of liquid.

Vapour production is good. Throat hit is smooth but it does knock hard (to me anyways). It does kill the cigarette craving very quickly. The room is left with a nice subtle pipe fragrance.

My first impression of this juice was, what the hell, i need to donate this! But the more i vaped it, the more i fell in love with it. It is definately an acquired taste. Now i will feel lousy to give someone else to try it, maaaan i cant give away my ml's!!

This is my first experience with a juice that has a combination of flavours and i love it.

Yes i know that this is a botched review because of my limited gear, and my lack of experience with flavours outside of twisp, but as soon as get my mod i will crank up the watts and review again. I am expecting the honey and vanilla to pop more. I cant wait!

@Bonez007 , thanks for your impressions and for taking the time and trouble to share
Dont forget that there are many vapers out there with a protank and Spinner, so they will gain from your findings.

Last edited:
@Bonez007 Thanks for taking the time to share your experience and your impressions man.

You current setup is great man. Don't feel as if you cannot post reviews because of it!

Glad to see you put the variable voltage to good use and mentioned it in your review, this is really helpful to others.

Great review @Bonez007 ;)
And like the other guys said, nothing at all wrong with the gear you are using - you should have seen my first setup lol!!

Craft Vapour Artisan RY4 6mg.

Gear
MVP 2.0
Sampled it on an Aerotank Mega, Protank 2 and 3 and Kayfun 3.1 with 26g 1.1Ω micro coil and organic cotton.

Being the first RY4 I have tasted I have nothing to really base my opinions on. Which I suppose in a way is a good thing because I was tasting this without any preconceived notions of what an RY4 should taste like in the first place.

Let me just say I was not keen to try anything with Tobacco after giving up analogues because I thought about how siff it was smoking tobacco so obviously tobacco flavoured juices would taste the same right.... Man ohh man was I wrong!

For me this stuff was like golden nectar! A real stand out is that I get this really rich salted-chocolatey-pretzel-deliciousness, a little sweet and savoury. There is nothing synthetic or harsh about this juice, its really smooth and consistent, I'm not much of a throat hit kinda guy so 6mg is more than enough for me. Quality ingredients and craftsmanship have gone into this product which you can see and taste. Then again you know its going to be good just by looking at the packaging and presentation. Something I would love to see other local juice manufacturers improve a little on.

To sum it up this would be my ADV for sure if it wasn't for Melon on the rocks and Polar express from CV.

Hi all

This is my third Craft Vapour juice review. This time it's Pining Juliette. Got it about 6 weeks ago so it has been well steeped. It's one of the newer juices in @Mauritz's lineup. 30ml cost me R140. It's 50/50 PG/VG and I got the 18mg strength.

I have been vaping this juice in several devices including the Reo for about 2 weeks and the bottle is almost finished.

CraftVapour - PINING JULIETTE (18mg)

Bottom line - this is an awesome icy pineapple blast. I love it for it's refreshing cold blast and the strong throat hit. It reminds me a lot of Melon on the Rocks. To me it's the pineapple version. I definitely would like to re-order to have an alternative to Melon on the Rocks on tap.

CraftVapour Pining Juliette - diagonal.jpg

It's a light coloured yellowy liquid and smells like pineapple.

This is an awesome icy pineapple blast and I like it a lot.

I get a pineapple taste immediately but it's not in your face - it's quite mild. It's a lovely pineapple taste, not overly sweet or ripe, just right. Slightly sweet and slightly sour. Then a STRONG cold icy blast that knocks hard and refreshes. It leaves a wonderful icy chill. The mix between the mild pineapple flavour and the strong cold blast is perfect. They work very well together. Somewhere in the background I also pick up a feint spicyness, which is pleasant. Overall, this is a fairly straightforward flavour mix - but it works well.

The juice is slightly on the sweeter side but not overly sweet. It is a dryish vape but is refreshing. No doubt this one is cool and icy. Natural tasting, no strange tastes.

The throat hit with this juice is strong and I like my throat hit;-) The cool blast turns up the throat hit a few notches (compared to a normal fruit-flavoured juice). I can feel it working its magic as I puff away. But it's a pleasant throat hit and addictive - not one that makes you put it down. I found myself wanting more and more.

The juice vapes very well and has a smooth texture. It is quite a bold vape given the icyness and throat hit (not from the pineapple flavour) but despite this I found I could vape it all day.

The aftertaste is very pleasant and leaves your mouth feeling refreshed for a while. Not much pineapple but more the icy coldness and a little bit of tingling in the mouth. Lovely.

I vaped this juice in 3 devices and it was really good in all three. Surprisingly better than I thought in the humble EVOD1.
  • Reo/RM2 with a fairly "tame" 1.1 ohm coil - this was my preferred device. The flavour was really good, so too the throat hit with my coil set up nice and high the way I like it.
  • IGO-L with a 1.5 ohmer on the SVD at 12.5 Watts - the flavour here was almost identical to the Reo/RM2. I did find if I took longer drags I got slightly more throat hit which was pleasant.
  • The humble EVOD1 with a stock standard 1.8 ohm coil and MVP2 at 7.5 to 9 Watts - this juice is great for commercial Clearos like these at lower power since they can do with the extra throat hit from the icy coldness. I really enjoyed the vape on the EVOD1. Better than I thought it would be. Better throat hit than many other juices. It was a tad sweeter than on the Reo. Probably the lower power.
The only negative I had with this juice was that sometimes the vapour had a slightly unpleasant "over-ripe" odour to it. Not all the time - only occasionally. Strange since the vape itself does not produce that sensation or smell. Maybe its the pineapple flavouring. I noticed a similar thing with Vape King's Grape Soda.

To me, this juice is like a pineapple version of Craft Vapour's Melon on the Rocks. It has that same pleasant icy blast. I think I prefer Melon on the Rocks slightly, but it's a very close call. I really like them both and would like to keep both in my vape cupboard.

I think this juice will appeal to those who like something with an icy or menthol slant. Also, those who like throat hit. If you liked Melon on the Rocks, definitely give this one a try.

Packaging:
- nice glass bottle with dropper cap - functional and easy to use - the cap seals nicely
- amber glass helps to keep it darker
- the labelling is good. White on black is easy to read. Flavour is clear. 18mg nic strength is on the back and a bit obscure but it is there. There is no mention of the PG/VG ratio. That you will find on their web site.
- nice that you don't need a pipette or syringe - the glass dropper works quite well
- just be careful you don't knock over the bottle when opened, you will spill your juice
- the cap is not "child deterrent". So keep it away from kids.

Equipment used:
- REO Grand/RM2 with 1.1 ohm coil - cotton wick - (13 to 16 Watts, depending on battery level)
- IGO-L with 1.5 ohm coil - cotton wick - SVD at 12.5 Watts
- EVOD1 with standard 1.8 ohm simple Kanger coil - MVP2 at 7.5 to 9.0 Watts

Last edited:
Awesome review, as always. Thanks. Like that you did this on 3 devices, which adds value for a lot of vapers.

Hate to echo in here, but yes, great review as always... And thank you!

Ive now had five Craft Vapour flavours and don't see myself going a month without at least A bottle.

Thanks guys, much appreciated
@Andre, i will hopefully do more like this with multiple devices. Must say I enjoyed the little Evod1. And this flavour really works well in it.

As always a great review Hi Ho @Silver! Makes me wanna buy a bottle with my next order! I love the idea of the Icy Blast! :rock:

Indeed @Rob Fisher
Its not as crisp and "pure" as menthol ice because of the pineapple, but i think you should at least give it a try

Over the past few days i have really been enjoying Craft Vapour Melon on the Rocks and Pining Juliette in my commercial tanks (The Nautilus Mini and the Evod1) with standard coils.

Both these fine juices from Craft Vapour have that lovely icy coldness which helps to boost the throat hit. For vapers like me who like extra throat hit, I am surprisingly satisfied on the commercial tanks with these juices in 18mg. Many other juices are just too mild. The throat hit is not massive but its there and its pleasant. It is fine for mindless vaping at the computer.

Flavour is slightly down on these two tanks compared to the Reo but not enough to detract much from the vape enjoyment.

Love it

Thanks @Mauritz for creating two fine commercial tank throat hitters!

Last edited:
For @Andre, @Silver and the community just quick 2-3 liners on my impressions of the craft flavours I have tried so far. I will do them in order of preference, and my typical vape setup is a magma dripper running dual twisted 32 gauge coils at 1 ohm which I like at about 20 watts or 4.4 volts. Oh and I wick with rayon ;)

1. Pining juliete: this is a fantastic blend of tropical fruit (pineapple) and menthol. Sometimes it tastes a bit creamy but is always refreshing. In my daily rotation this is normally my morning vape. I must say that some people who have tried it have commented on it being quite sweet, I do have a sweet tooth so not a prob for me but maybe something to consider.

1. Devil in disguise: note two flavours in first place, they are brilliant individually or complement each other nicely in rotation. For me devil in disguise is my afternoon evening vape. Its a warm, custardy vape with a lovely background of fruit which makes way for a truly yummy biscuit crust aftertaste, for me the biscuit is just like tennis biscuit.

So those two I absolutely love and they have for the last month or two been my main rotation from morning to night.

2. The honey badger: this is a delectable honey tobacco. Its heavier on the honey than the tobacco IMO and I like it that way. Its not overpoweringly sweet so more of a savoury honey tobacco and is truly a flavour that gets better with everyday steeping. Its something I like to have with evening drinks but could go just as well with a morning coffee.

3. Matterhorn Menthol: I used to seriously dislike menthol vapes until this was sent as a sample to me by the craft team, and yes I have since reordered. Its a bold and refreshing menthol vape, it tastes clean and helps open the airways for lack of a better description. I dont keep it in rotation. But rather use it to cleanse the palate every once in a while, or if a particular flavour isnt working so nicely I often add a drop or two of matterhorn to salvage it. The throat hit is much more manageable than some of the menthols I have tried.

4. Yellow submarine: this for me is quite a flavour combo. Not my favorite but definitely something I like having on hand for its originality. Its a spicy banana blend, sometimes sweet but not overly so. It blends well into other fruit flavours and adds quite a bit of complexity due to the spicy cinnamon/nutmeg background notes. It is another flavour that likes to steep making it perfect for how it fits into my rotation, as a once in a while flavour that keeps things interesting.

5. Melon on the rocks: this was my least liked of what I have tried so far. Its by no fault of crafts though, my partner absolutely loves it, thinks its the best thing ever and wants me to order it for him in zero nic. He says it's a beautiful fresh melon flavour and he loves the cooling effect. To me I got no melon and just this strange chemical taste. This though is most likely due to the additives used to create a cooling effect, other juices I have tried with the additive taste just like this so I can only assume its my taste just not liking it. I am also a bit obsessed with warm custardy type dessert vapes, so cooling effect and me not easy partners.

Thats it so far from me, looking forward to trying out wild wiberry, artisan ry4 and just damn peachy myself and as soon as I have I will add them to this list.

Thanks for those views @Danny!

Interesting that you love Pining Juliette but not Melon on the Rocks. I like both of them. I thought that the additive for the cooling effect was the same in both of these juices. Maybe @Mauritz can confirm. Could be that the Pining Juliette pineapple masks the cooling effect flavour better for you.

Nevertheless, great to read your views and I too look forward to working my way through the Craft Vapour line

For @Andre, @Silver and the community just quick 2-3 liners on my impressions of the craft flavours I have tried so far. I will do them in order of preference, and my typical vape setup is a magma dripper running dual twisted 32 gauge coils at 1 ohm which I like at about 20 watts or 4.4 volts. Oh and I wick with rayon ;)

1. Pining juliete: this is a fantastic blend of tropical fruit (pineapple) and menthol. Sometimes it tastes a bit creamy but is always refreshing. In my daily rotation this is normally my morning vape. I must say that some people who have tried it have commented on it being quite sweet, I do have a sweet tooth so not a prob for me but maybe something to consider.

1. Devil in disguise: note two flavours in first place, they are brilliant individually or complement each other nicely in rotation. For me devil in disguise is my afternoon evening vape. Its a warm, custardy vape with a lovely background of fruit which makes way for a truly yummy biscuit crust aftertaste, for me the biscuit is just like tennis biscuit.

So those two I absolutely love and they have for the last month or two been my main rotation from morning to night.

2. The honey badger: this is a delectable honey tobacco. Its heavier on the honey than the tobacco IMO and I like it that way. Its not overpoweringly sweet so more of a savoury honey tobacco and is truly a flavour that gets better with everyday steeping. Its something I like to have with evening drinks but could go just as well with a morning coffee.

3. Matterhorn Menthol: I used to seriously dislike menthol vapes until this was sent as a sample to me by the craft team, and yes I have since reordered. Its a bold and refreshing menthol vape, it tastes clean and helps open the airways for lack of a better description. I dont keep it in rotation. But rather use it to cleanse the palate every once in a while, or if a particular flavour isnt working so nicely I often add a drop or two of matterhorn to salvage it. The throat hit is much more manageable than some of the menthols I have tried.

4. Yellow submarine: this for me is quite a flavour combo. Not my favorite but definitely something I like having on hand for its originality. Its a spicy banana blend, sometimes sweet but not overly so. It blends well into other fruit flavours and adds quite a bit of complexity due to the spicy cinnamon/nutmeg background notes. It is another flavour that likes to steep making it perfect for how it fits into my rotation, as a once in a while flavour that keeps things interesting.

5. Melon on the rocks: this was my least liked of what I have tried so far. Its by no fault of crafts though, my partner absolutely loves it, thinks its the best thing ever and wants me to order it for him in zero nic. He says it's a beautiful fresh melon flavour and he loves the cooling effect. To me I got no melon and just this strange chemical taste. This though is most likely due to the additives used to create a cooling effect, other juices I have tried with the additive taste just like this so I can only assume its my taste just not liking it. I am also a bit obsessed with warm custardy type dessert vapes, so cooling effect and me not easy partners.

Thats it so far from me, looking forward to trying out wild wiberry, artisan ry4 and just damn peachy myself and as soon as I have I will add them to this list.

Funny, your comments regarding Pining Juliet almost echo a comment I made to my Wife on Saturday morning, I said that Pining Juliette was the most refreshing morning vape I'd ever had. Interestingly enough though, I do not find it sweet.

On Yellow Sub, I only have a few words, My name is Arctus and I am a Yellow Sub addict. :)
I unfortunately have Neanderthal taste buds, so I have no idea on combinations or complexities, what I can tell you is that it's Ultra Nom on the nom scale.

One I didn't see mentioned was Polar Express, this one of my favorites, in a commercial tank its a nice strongish mint, but put it in a dripper and it grows horns and becomes almost menthol like and the flavour explodes, but it's the smoothest "menthol" I've ever tasted, give it a try if it sounds like something you may like.

Back