Cubis

Been hearing conflicting experiences regarding these tanks and coils. I havent any issues with mine so far. I think the coil is a dud

b8ee5342557259823f035854e515b265.jpg

SS316L 26ga 6 wraps vertical coil. I think i have replicated the original RBA coil!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I need to come for lessons!
I will post the next time i rebuild it..still confirming vapour production and flavour..pull seems a bit tight..maybe cause i am using regular cotton.. but those are my specs and so far so good. Previous build with kanthal doesnt taste as good..maybe it isnt compatible with kanthal..

7d48e2435468489dedc0400c34573c4c.jpg

So this is the coil i built last time..as you can see..i killed it by forgetting to ramp down my wattage from 80 back to 28w.. but i guess now i can make another one tonight and show you guys how i did it pic by pic! This time i will use the cotton i got with the rba and not my normal unrolled cotton balls..

Ok so here's my Cubis build..
20160307_200117.jpg
My tools I used. Basically all you need is 26GA SS316L wire and cotton and the rba.
20160307_200328.jpg
I used about 12cm of SS316SL wire for the coil.
20160307_200556.jpg
Using the 3.0mm coiling jig I made a 6 wrap coil (including leg parts!). PLEASE NOTE: I COILED IT ANTI-CLOCKWISE! Just like the original RBA coil.
20160307_200630.jpg
Another view..20160307_200944.jpg
Now to straighten the legs. Make sure the legs are on the same side of the coil as in the pic.
20160307_201621.jpg
Now cut cotton about 50mm height and 2-3cm length, wrap the coil under the extended leg, around the coil and back over the extended leg until it is about the size of the rba. ( I usually use the full 4-5cm length and cut off any excess, make sure the cotton goes into the rba with the jig end and coil to help centre it and leave the space in the middle).
20160307_201903.jpg
At this point I tighten the negative screw and cut off the negative end wire, then I put on the top end. Add the rubber grommet and bend the wire the opposite end of the negative wire hole. Stick in the metal butt and cut the excess wire.
20160307_202100.jpg
This is how your RBA should look as above.
20160307_202203.jpg
And it comes out to 0.49ohm's! ;) Well I hope that helps all you cubis rba users, I haven't tested this yet as I just started the crown today after I burnt out my RBA, so will use it once I finish off my crown's Ni coil.

Good luck with your RBA's guys! :dance:

NOTES:
I think the original RBA coil might be 24ga as it is thicker than my 25/26ga at about 3/3.5mm. will need to check though.

The resistance seems to slowly ramp up as you use it, last build was 0.47 and ended up at 0.54 today.

Snip..

Thanks for the step by step @Cobrali - I was seriously going to just skip getting the RBA but your post gives me hope :)

How would you compare the .5ohm stock vs the RBA?

Thanks for the step by step @Cobrali - I was seriously going to just skip getting the RBA but your post gives me hope :)

How would you compare the .5ohm stock vs the RBA?

Stock and out of the pack RBA was about the same for me in terms of flavour and clouds, but the beauty of building the RBA is that I could try replicating it or make it even better! The first successful build used normal cotton from cotton balls, this one uses the supplied cotton. I am always looking to experiment and try new things! >:) first vertical build was kanthal a1-dud with almost no cloud and full flavour but tank was spitting and at 0.88ohms. Then I got SS316 at the vapemeet and gave it another go and voila! Sunday I was back in it with my Cubis! :dance:

Stock and out of the pack RBA was about the same for me in terms of flavour and clouds, but the beauty of building the RBA is that I could try replicating it or make it even better! The first successful build used normal cotton from cotton balls, this one uses the supplied cotton. I am always looking to experiment and try new things! >:) first vertical build was kanthal a1-dud with almost no cloud and full flavour but tank was spitting and at 0.88ohms. Then I got SS316 at the vapemeet and gave it another go and voila! Sunday I was back in it with my Cubis! :dance:

Last question, promise, how is the RBA vs the prebuilt 0.5ohm SS coil? Basically I want to know how is the air draw/flow. Also how does it hold up to chain vapes.
I killed a prebuilt 0.5ohm coil by chain vaping on it :(

Last question, promise, how is the RBA vs the prebuilt 0.5ohm SS coil? Basically I want to know how is the air draw/flow. Also how does it hold up to chain vapes.
I killed a prebuilt 0.5ohm coil by chain vaping on it :(

Haha..ask away! We are all part of this community! Lol! Airflow is similar to the prebuilt for me, so I don't think chain-vaping is ideal for the cubis, it's more of a chill and vape head, but maybe you could try the Kendo cotton from Vape Cartel, from what I read it saturates really quickly! It's all about trial and error to get the head to work for you. ;)

Haha..ask away! We are all part of this community! Lol! Airflow is similar to the prebuilt for me, so I don't think chain-vaping is ideal for the cubis, it's more of a chill and vape head, but maybe you could try the Kendo cotton from Vape Cartel, from what I read it saturates really quickly! It's all about trial and error to get the head to work for you. ;)
Lol thanks for the replies. I'm going to go ahead and order me an RBA and some Kendo cotton. I'll be back here soon asking for tips
I just hope the RBA is quieter than the prebuilt .5ohm coils. My wife hates the noise it makes when vaping.

Optermistic :-D poor HRH :-D

Lol..meant it in a good way! As in stay optimistic! I remember getting the RDA first from Lung Candy and then guys were saying how bad it was..but I didn't give up..why? Cause I have a second cubis in grey otw from China..:sweating:

Lol I get what you meant now. I thought you were referring to the noise. Gotta admit that the Cubis is pretty noisy for such a small tank.
My wife says it sounds like I'm frying chips hehehehehehe.

Just ordered 2 RBA's from Slowtech, came up to just under $8 for 2 :D
Now the long wait ahead but I have my Fuhattan to keep me coiling till it's here.

Last edited:
View attachment 47525
My tools I used. Basically all you need is 26GA SS316L wire and cotton and the rba.
View attachment 47526
I used about 12cm of SS316SL wire for the coil.
View attachment 47527
Using the 3.0mm coiling jig I made a 6 wrap coil (including leg parts!). PLEASE NOTE: I COILED IT ANTI-CLOCKWISE! Just like the original RBA coil.
View attachment 47528
Another view..View attachment 47529
Now to straighten the legs. Make sure the legs are on the same side of the coil as in the pic.
View attachment 47530
Now cut cotton about 50mm height and 2-3cm length, wrap the coil under the extended leg, around the coil and back over the extended leg until it is about the size of the rba. ( I usually use the full 4-5cm length and cut off any excess, make sure the cotton goes into the rba with the jig end and coil to help centre it and leave the space in the middle).
View attachment 47531
At this point I tighten the negative screw and cut off the negative end wire, then I put on the top end. Add the rubber grommet and bend the wire the opposite end of the negative wire hole. Stick in the metal butt and cut the excess wire.
View attachment 47532
This is how your RBA should look as above.
View attachment 47533
And it comes out to 0.49ohm's! ;) Well I hope that helps all you cubis rba users, I haven't tested this yet as I just started the crown today after I burnt out my RBA, so will use it once I finish off my crown's Ni coil.

Good luck with your RBA's guys! :dance:

NOTES:
I think the original RBA coil might be 24ga as it is thicker than my 25/26ga at about 3/3.5mm. will need to check though.

The resistance seems to slowly ramp up as you use it, last build was 0.47 and ended up at 0.54 today.
Great stuff! Thank you, I got some awesome tips from your tutorial and shall give it a go in due course.

Lol thanks for the replies. I'm going to go ahead and order me an RBA and some Kendo cotton. I'll be back here soon asking for tips
I just hope the RBA is quieter than the prebuilt .5ohm coils. My wife hates the noise it makes when vaping.

Yip, it is a bit noisy. I actually bought it with HRH in mind. She had 2 toots and said, "Forget it, I am not vaping on that tractor.".

Great work there @Cobrali !
Thanks for sharing the tutorial

Disclaimer : I am going to make a very bold statement here so bear in mind its personal opinion...

In my short time vaping I had quite a few tanks including: Evod 1, Subtank mini, Toptank nano, ijust2, melo2, twisp(yes i know), TFV4, Target, Cleito and the Cubis. That is excluding rda's and exvlusive rta's.
To make a long story short the Cubis impressed me most. No leaks, well designed, well priced, great flavour and I can do MTL as well as lung hits. Here is hoping they bring out some new coils...

Disclaimer : I am going to make a very bold statement here so bear in mind its personal opinion...

In my short time vaping I had quite a few tanks including: Evod 1, Subtank mini, Toptank nano, ijust2, melo2, twisp(yes i know), TFV4, Target, Cleito and the Cubis. That is excluding rda's and exvlusive rta's.
To make a long story short the Cubis impressed me most. No leaks, well designed, well priced, great flavour and I can do MTL as well as lung hits. Here is hoping they bring out some new coils...

Which is your favorite coil for this tank? The 1.5?

They are bringing notch coils in soon I think. With the new cuboid mini tank

1.5 clapton is good for flavour and stealth vaping. Rba and 0.5 on vw mode can produce decent clouds and nice flavor too

The current .5ohm coil I have in my Cubis was slowly dying (starting to get dry hits) so I decided to "mod" it since it was pretty much going to be replaced.
I took a medium snips, then cut at it and widened the wicking holes at the bottom. It's a very crude job and I'll probably get cut if I run my finger over the new holes. I soaked it in a little vodka and cleaned it out. Surprise! It's working again, no dry hits on long DL hit's. I think it might be wicking better than the stock coil. It was long DL hits that fried this coil in the 1st place. These coils do last long mind you, this is only the 2nd one since purchasing the Cubis.

I have another brand new .5ohm coil left - I'm going to see if I can pry the bottom pin off nicely and widen those holes in a neater fashion.
I'll keep everyone posted. Pics to follow....

Back