Cubis

That sucks. Sorry to hear man. how many did you buy? I haven't tried my 1.5 coil yet. Will report back once I have

That sucks. Sorry to hear man. how many did you buy? I haven't tried my 1.5 coil yet. Will report back once I have
I bought a pack of 5, might be bad luck because my last set worked perfectly fine.

I have been using my cubis for about a month now. I am using 0,5 coil, heat 450 and 30w. Tried in various 3mg and 6 mg juices. Flavor and cloud are both great but have to say that the constant spitting really irritates me. I have found that firing it upside down has helped a lot.

Interesting that so many people use this for MTL as I found it was much better for lung vapes.

This said I bought the Melo 3 on Friday and so far feel this is streets ahead with no spitting, leaking and great cloud. The only downside for me on this tank is the flavour is not as good as the Cubis.

I have been using my cubis for about a month now. I am using 0,5 coil, heat 450 and 30w. Tried in various 3mg and 6 mg juices. Flavor and cloud are both great but have to say that the constant spitting really irritates me. I have found that firing it upside down has helped a lot.

Interesting that so many people use this for MTL as I found it was much better for lung vapes.

This said I bought the Melo 3 on Friday and so far feel this is streets ahead with no spitting, leaking and great cloud. The only downside for me on this tank is the flavour is not as good as the Cubis.

I agree that the firing upside down seems to be the best Quickfix for this, Well that and the earbud things.
I bought mine a few days ago and have been doing non stop research on this spitting since then, I actually burnt two spots on my tongue due to this. Sadly there is no real fix, it will happen on every time you fill the tank.

I do differ on opinion on one thing though, the Melow 3 has better flavor for me, Just sightly on the taste a little bit better, Especially on the bigger drags. The taste of the Cubis Pro starts degrading or tasting burnt on big 4.5 Seconds or more drags, where the Melow 3 maintains that great taste you initially start out with all the way through a few massive 6+ Second Drags.

The Cubis is a really good MTL tank, and the Vapor Quality and Size is really good, I feel the Cubis has slightly more dense clouds.
This could be (and still is) an awesome tank, but if you are someone who buys something and do not expect to make adjustment or tinker, then this is not the one for you.

thats my 2c

I typed this post Yesterday and only saw Today that it did not actually post.

Update on the Atomizer - I tried Bending the cutout between the notches and it he little piece broke off, so I broke off the other side too wich left me with two huge intake holes that made no difference... It stopped working and gave me a "Atomizer short" message this morning after about half an hour of Vaping. I replaced it and wont be messing with this again hahaha.

I tested on a Power range of 22-24W as well as 25-30W. I feel that the Cubis Pro starts tasting Burnt when you take a lungful for longer than 3.1 seconds. Anything under 3 Seconds keeps the Flavor Where the Melow 3 Seems to deliver the same full flavor even when drawing for 4+ Seconds

I also saw the post that @Greyz and @DaveH did and tried my own version by cutting feeding slits into the sides where the original intake holes are.
It did not really make much of a difference in the burnt taste on Big hits tough, I dont think Mine has enough 'feeding' slits. another flaw of my try was that if the notches are cut too deep, then it will suck air when not yet empty, causing a Dry hit.

With all that said
, The 1.5ohm MTL that's included combined with the adjustable air intake and smaller Spiral mouth piece makes this a great MTL Tank!

1.jpg 2.jpg

Update on the Atomizer - I tried Bending the cutout between the notches and it he little piece broke off, so I broke off the other side too wich left me with two huge intake holes that made no difference... It stopped working and gave me a "Atomizer short" message this morning after about half an hour of Vaping. I replaced it and wont be messing with this again hahaha.

I tested on a Power range of 22-24W as well as 25-30W. I feel that the Cubis Pro starts tasting Burnt when you take a lungful for longer than 3.1 seconds. Anything under 3 Seconds keeps the Flavor Where the Melow 3 Seems to deliver the same full flavor even when drawing for 4+ Seconds

I also saw the post that @Greyz and @DaveH did and tried my own version by cutting feeding slits into the sides where the original intake holes are.
It did not really make much of a difference in the burnt taste on Big hits tough, I dont think Mine has enough 'feeding' slits. another flaw of my try was that if the notches are cut too deep, then it will suck air when not yet empty, causing a Dry hit.

With all that said
, The 1.5ohm MTL that's included combined with the adjustable air intake and smaller Spiral mouth piece makes this a great MTL Tank!

View attachment 78902 View attachment 78903
Shoe!, you really went to town on that coil, reminds me of a Texas Chainsaw horror movie. :D
I tried a small flat screwdriver in the juice slot and levered the wall out wider, not a huge benefit needless to say.
One cant really exceed the design parameters of the coils, best to accept them for what they are and move on to newer devices when you outgrow them.

So since I replaced the Coil again, Ive done about 4 tanks and have not had one single burnt hit!! Seems like it must be technique now that Im used to it.

So my (hopefully) Final opinion on this tank is that its a Great tank, The MTL is great but the minor spitting on every refill is a bit annoying. Luckily thats Quickly remedied by "The upside down firing" trick.

Back