Cyclones incoming!

@Christos thanks so much.

Just to be sure, I choose this option, right?
upload_2015-11-17_14-36-16.png

Coz it doesn't say anywhere that its the 2013 version. Don't wanna choose the wrong one.

@Christos thanks so much.

Just to be sure, I choose this option, right?
View attachment 39373

Coz it doesn't say anywhere that its the 2013 version. Don't wanna choose the wrong one.
Well thats the only version on the site.

The 16 in stock are the ones that arrived. Just mail @BigB to confirm but there are no other cyclones available and the ones just received are the 2013 concave deck ones.

Get em' while the're HOT!
All my reos now have cyclones and I have a spare cyclone.
:party:

ok so we have to order from the site? There were no reservations based on the thread?

ok so we have to order from the site? There were no reservations based on the thread?
I got an email from the wonderful people at vapedecadence telling me my cyclones had arrived. I have dealt with them before and expressed wishes to be notified when more arrive. P.M me and ill give you the email of the lady that arranged everything for me if you like.

Think I'm going to try drill the hole in the cyclone to 1.5mm.
I don't have a dremel but I do have 1mm and 1.5mm drill bits for metal.
Hopefully that solves the excessive heat from the cap.
Hopefully the 1mm bit fits in nicely and I don't end up destroying a top cap.

The AFC top caps perform fine with a single air hole fully open and 2.5mm ID.
The normal cap even with a 2mm ID coil just gets too hot.

Think I'm going to try drill the hole in the cyclone to 1.5mm.
I don't have a dremel but I do have 1mm and 1.5mm drill bits for metal.
Hopefully that solves the excessive heat from the cap.
Hopefully the 1mm bit fits in nicely and I don't end up destroying a top cap.

The AFC top caps perform fine with a single air hole fully open and 2.5mm ID.
The normal cap even with a 2mm ID coil just gets too hot.

My 1,6mm Diamond Ball thingy on my Dremel creates the perfect hole! I'm sure if you got one you could put it in a normal drill?

My 1,6mm Diamond Ball thingy on my Dremel creates the perfect hole! I'm sure if you got one you could put it in a normal drill?
Fair enough.
I was thinking of using jewelers files to enlarge it by hand as I prefer precision hand tooling over power tools with little room for precision.
I really don't have the time though. I would much rather spend R400 and buy an AFC top cap but alas there are no silver ones.

On a positive note I do have 2 spare caps in case I destroy one :D

@method1, did you get your new cyclone yet?
I'm enjoying some debbie does donuts in a reo with a cyclone at the moment.
I get a soapy taste ever so often lol!

The 1mm bits fit it the hole.
Conclusion: cyclone holes are 1mm.

1.5 mm doesn't fit.
I used the drill bit by hand because well it was working.
It was slow but it was working and I didn't want to slip.
I did slip by hand but the scratch is barely noticeable.

1.5mm hole conclusion:
Still gets hot but I can vape it for a lot longer as opposed to 3 toots!
About 3 mins of vaping as opposed to 30 seconds. No noticeable flavour drop.
Slight scratch visible- about 15 mins into the hand drilling.

2015-11-18 22.10.29.jpg

First pic after about 3 mins
2015-11-18 22.10.43.jpg
Finally 30 mins of manual finger labour
2015-11-18 22.10.15.jpg

@method1, did you get your new cyclone yet?
I'm enjoying some debbie does donuts in a reo with a cyclone at the moment.
I get a soapy taste ever so often lol!

Soapy doesn't sound so enjoyable ;-(

Haven't ordered yet, going to do so asap.

The form factor of the cap with the fusion drip tip is so much nicer.

My OCD is kicking in :confused:
I think I need to find SS in 28 or 30 AWG to fix the excessive heat and then make the air hole 1.5mm on all the caps and use those exclusively.

Another bonus on 1.5mm holes is oversquonking doesn't cause juice to leak out the hole although all the juice I'm using is over 60% vg so thicker juice would be less likely to flow out the hole.
*Sigh*
I'll try kanthal again tonight as the SS I only have in 26 AWG and I would really like to switch to the small cap.

Just to comment about my absence. I have been struggling to log in. I have found that I have to open the forum login page in a new window. I have missed an awful lot of action because of this. The time outs have nailed me.... Today though, awesome, it's working fine.....

We do have stock on hand of the Cyclones. They are the 2013 decks.

I am talking to Vicious Ant as well about getting the last of their AFC's as well. These will become collectors pieces. Very sad, great atomizer for the REO!

Looking forward to AFC caps @BigB.

I have drilled all my normal calls to 1.5mm but they still get too hot especially if I vape for 5 mins at a time in the car.
Hopefully I resolve this as I'm starting to like the normal caps form factor.

So a regular AFC cap will fit on the 2013 decks, right?

The form factor of the cap with the fusion drip tip is so much nicer.

My OCD is kicking in :confused:
I think I need to find SS in 28 or 30 AWG to fix the excessive heat and then make the air hole 1.5mm on all the caps and use those exclusively.

Another bonus on 1.5mm holes is oversquonking doesn't cause juice to leak out the hole although all the juice I'm using is over 60% vg so thicker juice would be less likely to flow out the hole.
*Sigh*
I'll try kanthal again tonight as the SS I only have in 26 AWG and I would really like to switch to the small cap.

Not as sexy as the Fusion tip @Christos, but I ordered these from BigB and they help for heat while driving etc. I only owe the Fusions at home now.

Back