Dead Rabbit RDA - long term review?

I have one on the way :) ........... as well as the VV Mesh RDA.

The Dead Rabbit has only been here for a week or so - long term reviews will not be possible...
I have been using mine since VapeCon and love it - more and more each day...

Some highlights:

Fantastic build quality - quality all round
Fantastic, angular air flow
Fantasic flavour and clouds
Piss easy to build on
Sexy AF
Juice well - as I am a VERY messy dripper, I almost always over drip and have a few spills throughout the day... It is virtually impossible to overdrip on the Dead Rabbit - as the airflow is positioned at the top of the barrel, it leaves a MASSIVE "juice well". It is by far the largest juice well in my collection of 28 RDA's. This is a massive PRO in my books.

I must admit that I prefer the Rabbit over the CSMNT - personal preference...

I have this version:
View attachment 105879
I ordered the CSMNT after this thread, and I really love it.
I've now ordered the Dead Rabbit and should get it by Wednesday.

Got the matte black one :)

My happy place with this RDA:
mJUVlQ4.jpg

dual 8 wraps Ni80 24ga @ 0.26Ω

Gonna try this build. Got the same setup with the Cricket V2-25 and Dead Rabbit. I am running flatwire in mine, forgot how many wraps but coming in around 0.15ohms and it hits hard.

Gonna try this build. Got the same setup with the Cricket V2-25 and Dead Rabbit. I am running flatwire in mine, forgot how many wraps but coming in around 0.15ohms and it hits hard.
Cool. Let us know how it works out for you :)
0.15 on the Rabbit sounds a bit hectic :eek:

Any tips for a decent dual coil build to run on single 18650 squonker mod
Looking at about 35 - 40 watts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Any tips for a decent dual coil build to run on single 18650 squonker mod
Looking at about 35 - 40 watts

Ay I’m struggling with this also atm, I currently have a dual 26gauge n80 straight wire 3mm id, 8 wraps but it’s still too low for my single battery squonker, vape is brilliant but battery life is pathetic I tell you PATHETIC

I find the flavor from my VV Mesh RDA better than the Dead Rabbit. Tried different coil setups and juices. The mesh just has better flavor for me.

My dpro is also winning in the flavour department but the juices well is as shallow as the dams in the Cape at the moment! And both are a sad situation!

Definitely not going to dethrone the apocalypse in terms of flavour - though the flavour is not bad. It’s a joy to squonk on, and really convenient as it’s almost impossible to over-squonk.

Been using mine daily ever since it has released and I’m very pleased with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely not going to dethrone the apocalypse in terms of flavour - though the flavour is not bad. It’s a joy to squonk on, and really convenient as it’s almost impossible to over-squonk.

Been using mine daily ever since it has released and I’m very pleased with it.

So from what I’ve seen/read, coil placement is of absolute importance. Only if coils are placed spot on in relation to the airflow does the flavour shine. I can’t wait for mine to arrive. Will tinker with it then.

So from what I’ve seen/read, coil placement is of absolute importance. Only if coils are placed spot on in relation to the airflow does the flavour shine. I can’t wait for mine to arrive. Will tinker with it then.

I favour the coil placement closer towards the airflow (inline with the edge of the posts, closest to the air holes). In my tests, this seems to provide the best flavour.

Also, don’t expect huge airflow - it isn’t as gusty as the Goon 1.5 or Apocalypse.

currently running my dead rabbit with triple fused clapton coming in at 0.1ohm on my driptech DS.
Hit like a freight train and flavor is insane.

Googling “rabbit wicking” tutorials one gets a variety of different recommendations,
Coils low,
Coils high,
Coils on outer edge of posts,
Coils in middle of posts and the list is endless

Has anybody actually found the ideal setup yet and can advise

Ay I’m struggling with this also atm, I currently have a dual 26gauge n80 straight wire 3mm id, 8 wraps but it’s still too low for my single battery squonker, vape is brilliant but battery life is pathetic I tell you PATHETIC

Do a dual coil parallel 6/7 wrap (wrap your first wire with 7 wraps on the top and then the second wire in between so you only do 6 wraps on top with the second wire.. hope that makes sense) with the 26gn80, works like a charm! instant ramp and great cloud and flavor production. put your coils more towards the airflow than the centre of the RDA so the air can go under and up to pick off the vapor from the coils.

Do a dual coil parallel 6/7 wrap (wrap your first wire with 7 wraps on the top and then the second wire in between so you only do 6 wraps on top with the second wire.. hope that makes sense) with the 26gn80, works like a charm! instant ramp and great cloud and flavor production. put your coils more towards the airflow than the centre of the RDA so the air can go under and up to pick off the vapor from the coils.

What ID 2.5mm or 3mm
What’s your recommended wattage for this build

What ID 2.5mm or 3mm
What’s your recommended wattage for this build

Sorry, 3MM ID... that build is perfect for Mechanical mods. on wattage it depends on how hot you like your vape but 50W is more than enough to get it going. It should ohm out to around 0.2ish

I hope this helps..

005D45CE-15FD-42A2-83C2-7AD9A2DF15BE.jpeg

369A6569-11B3-4C37-A47B-EAB24BFC5F75.jpeg

F4415BDA-DC30-491F-901B-A5C9BB9F2BE0.jpeg

Googling “rabbit wicking” tutorials one gets a variety of different recommendations,
Coils low,
Coils high,
Coils on outer edge of posts,
Coils in middle of posts and the list is endless

Has anybody actually found the ideal setup yet and can advise

Sorry, 3MM ID... that build is perfect for Mechanical mods. on wattage it depends on how hot you like your vape but 50W is more than enough to get it going. It should ohm out to around 0.2ish

You were spot on 0.2 ohms and 50 watts
I wanna try and drop ohms slightly for around 40 watts so am gonna try 2.5mm ID with 5/6 wraps

currently running my dead rabbit with triple fused clapton coming in at 0.1ohm on my driptech DS.
Hit like a freight train and flavor is insane.
Have pics of this triple coil build?

Back