Deez DIY Magnetic Stirrer

There was a phase were we used it in high school,along with shorts,suspenders and blazers.

Sent from my X30 using Tapatalk

Added one of These and it definitely improved things

Now I'm going to look for a brown case to make me a stirrer or just to store my gear...
Good job and well done to all

Well for starters, I can't find a search bar and no "menu" dropdown option to look into categories.
I agree, this site is a bit finicky, but there is expandable menu in the top right corner, everything is categorized there.

They are 12v led light modules. They turn on when the stirrer is of. That is what they should do with this wiring. The problem lies with the initial power to switch...I think. Going to play around and start fault finding therem
Is there a purpose to the LED's, or is it just for bling factor?

This thread got me wanting to make another one of these. My 5v PC fan died when a fed it a diet of 12v trying to get it to sun faster so this time round going for a full on 5 litre V8! Ooops, three speed 220V electric fan motor, this thing should be able to mix concrete! Got the idea somewhere above.

Not finished yet:
IMG_0791[1].JPG

But this is what it should look like when it is:
IMG_0792[1].JPG

Regards

This thread got me wanting to make another one of these. My 5v PC fan died when a fed it a diet of 12v trying to get it to sun faster so this time round going for a full on 5 litre V8! Ooops, three speed 220V electric fan motor, this thing should be able to mix concrete! Got the idea somewhere above.

Not finished yet:
View attachment 134856

View attachment 134857

Regards
Thats it!! Go Big or go home!

Not finished yet:
View attachment 134856

View attachment 134857

Regards
Holy Moly... That's more like a supercharged 5 Litre V8!
Looking forward to seeing it in action

That's correct, I'm simply adding the switch to see if I understand everything correctly and also to test that all components are working. At the moment the trying to up my knowledge and trying to find a way that the logic makes sense to me.
Sorry for the misunderstanding of the previous post, the LED should not be on when the stirrer is not, I simply wired it incorrectly and then it made sense to me what.
On this note,don't know if you sorted already.check the voltage allowance on the led strip.that looks like 12v volt and should run with your fan at 12v without anything else.and if its wired via the dimmer it should still work just less bright if you turn it down.note that some of those leds don't run on less than 6v. So I would void the dimmer and the light switch straight to switch and power source

As mentioned I needed some stronger magnets to drive my stirrer. Got four scary strong ones from Mantech and Q-bonded them to what is left of the original fan hub.
image.jpg

This now drives my flea in cold 60/40 juice without a problem at all three speeds.
image.jpg

The juice in the pic is my Rum and Maple NET which was put on the stirrer un-stirred or shaken. Took less than a minute to mix up so no layers were visible anymore.

Now I need a larger flea for larger mixes. So nice not to have to shake manually any longer.

Regards

Last edited:
As mentioned I needed some stronger magnets to drive my stirrer. Got four scary strong ones from Mantech and Q-bonded them to what is left of the original fan hub.
View attachment 135431

This now drives my flea in cold 60/40 juice without a problem at all three speeds.
View attachment 135432

The juice in the pic is my Rum and Maple NET which was put on the stirrer un-stirred or shaken. Took less than a minute to mix up so no layers were visible anymore.

Now I need a larger flea for larger mixes. So nice not to have to shake manually any longer.

Regards
Whats the size of the stirrer ?

Back