Deez DIY Magnetic Stirrer

I've got that Nitecore NFF01 heated magnetic stirrer now. It's magical. :D

I've got that Nitecore NFF01 heated magnetic stirrer now. It's magical. :D
With the overhead you can put your container straight on a heating pad, and volume wise it's awesome - in the vid I posted it's mixing 300ml 70/30 pg/vg

Nice! Where's the how-to video?

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70L using Tapatalk
When I'm 100% happy with it I'll make a tutorial - honestly don't know why more people go for this build rather than the magnetic one. it's basically the same price, less components, and much much stronger than a magnetic mixer.

When I'm 100% happy with it I'll make a tutorial - honestly don't know why more people go for this build rather than the magnetic one. it's basically the same price, less components, and much much stronger than a magnetic mixer.
Pm me which components you used pls

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

I have a handheld version of this device ,but mine contaminated my e-juice because of overhead vibration
If your motor has got a secure casing then I would go this route but otherwise I would not recommend it.

I am not throwing anyone off this.just be sure your casing on your motor is sealed perfectly.
@Steyn777 take a pic of your stirrer pls

Lol why not get a electric mixer? They go for cheap nowadays.
@Resistance @Pixstar @Raindance @RainstormZA image_big_102123766.jpg image_big_120173422.jpg image_big_136788205.jpg

Not a bad idea...or so I thought until i went looking for 1. Smallest one in this collection is still R1200, the cheapest one is R500 but it's called a hand mixer for a reason (no stand)
The size shouldn't really be a problem if you were mixing juice for the Gauteng and North West vapers.
None of them comes with a sealable container
These are also not industrial machines. They are meant for recipes that require maybe a 2 - 10min mix...not sure if they'll go the 7 days I just put this one through. Again, if size didn't matter, we could use a cement mixer here.
Oh and then of course there's the speed setting thing....all of these have preset settings.

Then......no wait, the above should be efficient.:smash2: (couldn't find a emoji that drops the mic)

@steyn...it took you a while for this reply.well done...pick up the mic and do another 1 soon

Then what is this??? Even ones with stands and you can get lids as optional extra's.What a waste of a good mic...
d4b5306f46108b852bd015204ec9eae1.jpg
bdbf0057a698dcd2d9508aa797f15475.jpg
db3528fef22a93234440a4f996bfdc5f.jpg

Sent from my X30 using Tapatalk

Then what is this??? Even ones with stands and you can get lids as optional extra's.What a waste of a good mic...

Sent from my X30 using Tapatalk
Took me a while because I haven't been very active on any online platform for a while, so only saw it today.....anyway....surely you didn't just come back with a hand mixer......(no stand).......uh uh, I know it's late/early, but you're better than this @Resistance.

@Steyn777 I looked for options to make it easier. There's is speed control,stands and lid options and even cheap options that's why I captured with text included.
You see the drop the mic thingy got to me not the other part you said. I have agree'd yes and its because my version contaminated my diy and I said so quote ''not to put anyone off''
So I have also thought about a clean version hence I asked you to take a pic instead of the video ,because I was also thinking of getting this type of mixer because its easier to make a stand than a motor enclosure.

@Resistance thanks for clearing things up - I fully understand that the drop the mic thing got to you - that was, after all, the intention.
I don't think all the pictures you uploaded actually loaded properly, (I uploaded them again below) - because I still can't find 1 with speed control (as my post mentioned, preset speed settings won't work), the one's with stands are still to large (another point I mentioned in my post) - but let's move on.
The mixer from 2 sides, to show power point and speed control. It's a plastic container that harbours all the wires and DC motor etc, the whisk goes into the container, and then the container get's sealed. It's affordable, it's strong and it's portable.

360e544e-b869-449c-a359-cbc47910cd9b.jpg 5834f63b-5845-4dfc-b827-31a08d0fd90c.jpg
@Steyn777 I looked for options to make it easier. There's is speed control,stands and lid options and even cheap options that's why I captured with text included.
You see the drop the mic thingy got to me not the other part you said. I have agree'd yes and its because my version contaminated my diy and I said so quote ''not to put anyone off''
So I have also thought about a clean version hence I asked you to take a pic instead of the video ,because I was also thinking of getting this type of mixer because its easier to make a stand than a motor enclosure.

@Steyn777 the first one Kenwood highlighted by @Raindance is 4 speed.the others most probably only have two speeds as all versions I have seen has 2 to 6 speed settings.
like I said Mine contaminated my diy but is it works for you,go for it.
mine was handheld 12vdc but, the casing wasn't that good and I didn't feel the need to put in in a casing after that.
and I ran it on a variable V transformer.
And that's the reason I looked at the mixer.It comes in a case with a built in handle has some speed control and if it doesn't have a stand its easier to make one than make a casing for the motor. And if the brushes wear it can be replaced.

@Steyn777 the first one Kenwood highlighted by @Raindance is 4 speed.the others most probably only have two speeds as all versions I have seen has 2 to 6 speed settings.
like I said Mine contaminated my diy but is it works for you,go for it.
mine was handheld 12vdc but, the casing wasn't that good and I didn't feel the need to put in in a casing after that.
and I ran it on a variable V transformer.
And that's the reason I looked at the mixer.It comes in a case with a built in handle has some speed control and if it doesn't have a stand its easier to make one than make a casing for the motor. And if the brushes wear it can be replaced.
@Resistance, I would say give this build a go and focus on your container that you will be using. With this 1, the motor can start leaking anything, it won't get into the liquid.

Back