DIY Dessert & Candy Recipes

Plum Custée

Based on this original recipe by @rogue zombie and published with his blessings.

A sultry, dense and creamy custard delicately infused with fresh plums.

INW Smoked plum does a wonderful job in creating a realistic, ripe plum with well balanced sweet and tart notes.
The tartness offsets the sweetness perfectly and is pimped up with just a smidgen of smokiness to take this boring old plum to (to coin a phrase) infinity and beyond!
The beautifully thick, almost viscose, mouthfeel present in the plum lends itself perfectly to a thick custard base.
Warning, do not stray above the 0.5%... This stuff is more potent than Kryptonite and should not be taken lightly... I have taken it to 1.5% as a single flavour but anything over that mutes the delicate plum and turns this stuff putrid.

The INW Sesame adds a little intrigue and is a perfect partner for any stone fruit. Feel free to omit the sesame it if you do not have it - BUT, I highly reccommmend it.

I can write an dissertation on the INW Creme Brulee and Custard combo but I will restrain myself. Is is my go-to combo and it just works beautifully to create a stunning thick and luscious custard base with that delicious Brulee finish...

Give this at least 5 days to come together...

Plum Custée
2.5% INW Creme Brulee
2% INW Custard
0.1% INW Sesame
0.5% INW Smoked Plum

D97CCE19-0A81-44FD-8167-BA0F189F37B8.png

Queen’s Marmalade

A delicious, thick, citrus marmalade, fit for royalty...

This recipe was inspired by the wonder of citrus and the fresh new dimension it brings to the over saurated and monotonous use of ‘common’ fruits...
This is a thick, citrus marmalade made with the vibrant rinds of a melange of the best citrus flavours around:

FW Blood Orange is the undisputed King (or Queen in this instance) of citrus. It is the lovechild of ruby red grapefruit and a fresh navel orange and brings that authentic, real orange burst of flavour. The bitter exhale balances this perfectly to secure its right-full seat at the Queens’ high tea.

FA Grapefruit adds the crisp, bitter and eerily realistic grapefruit flavour, reminiscent of a true, fresh grapefruit. There is very little sweetness present and sits beautifully here to provide that ‘rindy’ feel to the marmalade.

FE Lemon is beast of a lemon and certainly lives up to its praise. This bright, fresh lemon flavour adds the tartness and balances the bitterness from the above citrus fruits. This adds a touch of sweetness, and cuts the bitter notes with clean, fresh burst of lemon.

FA Tanger Mandarin is the final player here and adds that voluptuous, fresh mandarin flavour to pull the entire party together. The authenticness of A true mandarin is perfectly encapsulated here and brings an overall citrus feel here inludimg sweet, sour and a smidgen of bitterness.

Sweetener is necessary to create the jaminess and flesh the citrus quartet out, just so.

This one is good off the shake and best after 3 to 5 days.

Queen’s Marmalade
2% (FW) Blood Orange
2.5% (FA) Grapefruit
0.6% (FE) Lemon
4% (FA) Tanger (mandarin)
1% (TPA) Sweetener

IMG_2770.JPG

Here is a simple Raspberry Ice Cream I made and quite enjoy.

INW Raspberry 1%
INW Strawberry Shisha 0,5%
TFA VBIC 4%
CAP Vanilla Custard 0,5%
TFA Vanilla Swirl 1%

VG/PG : 70/30
Steep : 7 days

About time I start sharing some of my own recipe's.

Not really one for sweet candy vapes but a friend of mine who I mix for asked to get some candy juices for him so I decided to try some 27 bears and 27 fish and see what I can come up with. And from there I got to this.

When I smelled the Cap 27 Bears immediately I thought that @Rude Rudi 's Icee Lychee will blend well with this. Using as Wayne's Swedish Fish as a guide to work with I blended the 2 recipes, changed a few things and ended up with this.

Litchi Bears

CAP 27 Bears 7.0%
TFA Sweetener 0.15%
TFA Vanilla Swirl 1.0%
FA Lychee 1.0%
CAP Sweet Lychee 0.5%

At first the Lychee totally dominates the mix. But after 1 week it starts to mellow out and at 2 weeks all the flavours have blended to give a lovely Litchi flavoured Gummy Bear flavour.

The sweetener is a must to get this flavour alive.

Not really one for sweet candy vapes but a friend of mine who I mix for asked to get some candy juices for him so I decided to try some 27 bears and 27 fish and see what I can come up with. And from there I got to this.

When I smelled the Cap 27 Bears immediately I thought that @Rude Rudi 's Icee Lychee will blend well with this. Using as Wayne's Swedish Fish as a guide to work with I blended the 2 recipes, changed a few things and ended up with this.

Litchi Bears

CAP 27 Bears 7.0%
TFA Sweetener 0.15%
TFA Vanilla Swirl 1.0%
FA Lychee 1.0%
CAP Sweet Lychee 0.5%

At first the Lychee totally dominates the mix. But after 1 week it starts to mellow out and at 2 weeks all the flavours have blended to give a lovely Litchi flavoured Gummy Bear flavour.

Sounds excellent.

How is CAP 27 Bears as a Jelly?
I'm still not convinced by other jellies. And I want to make a Jelly Tots

Sounds excellent.

How is CAP 27 Bears as a Jelly?
I'm still not convinced by other jellies. And I want to make a Jelly Tots

It is pure gummy bear, jelly baby flavour. Not so much jelly tots. Haven't played enough with it yet to get to the jelly tot flavour. Might get the other CAP candy flavours and play with them too at a stage.

Litchi Bears

CAP 27 Bears 7.0%
TFA Sweetener 0.15%
TFA Vanilla Swirl 1.0%
FA Lychee 1.0%
CAP Sweet Lychee 0.5%

Nice one!! Sounds like a winner!

Blueberry Brulee
A decadent vanilla custard crowned with caramlised sugar and aromatised with fresh, sweet blueberries.

Building on my brûlée infatuation, I decided to try my tried and tested brulee base with one of my favorite fruits = Blueberry.
This is a natural combo of sweet and tart which translates phenomenally well in a vape.

The Blueberry combo was not to difficult to nail but I wanted a little twist and veered away from the Holy Trinity of Blueberries and instead opted for INW Raspberry to complete my trio. The Raspberry cuts though the often monotonous notes of the Blueberry and offers a refreshing angle to this mix.

Let the berries mingle for at least a week before enjoying this baby!

Blueberry Brulee
3% INW Creme Brulee
2.5% INW Custard
0.5% FA Bilberry
3% FW Blueberry
1% INW Raspberry

bb.jpg

hdpalKk.jpg
I got tired of all the Custard juices around - even the famous Grant's Vanilla Custard. Until I found this one.

For me the balance between sweet, buttery/creamy, custard and nutty is sublime. Not too sweet, not too nutty, just enough custard.

Butter Pecan Custard
CAP Vanilla Custard V1 5 % (38.36 %)
FW Butter Pecan 4 % (30.77 %)
CAP Sweet Cream 2 % (15.38 %)
CAP Butter Cream 2 % (15.38 %)

Total flavour: 13 %
what will happen if i dont use the CAP BUTTER Cream, damn! now i understand that 1st Rule of DIY. BLEH! LOL

thanks guys. sorry for hijacking this thread, a bit disappointed that i have about 45 concentrates and when i use recipe sites i cant even make 3 recipes ah well

thanks guys. sorry for hijacking this thread, a bit disappointed that i have about 45 concentrates and when i use recipe sites i cant even make 3 recipes ah well

ONLY 45?...... Those are rookie numbers:p j/k
I know that feeling well myself:(

I have well over 300 concentrates now. In the first two pages of new recipes on ATF, I can make a grand total of ONE recipe: Rudi's Blueberry Brulee. I was saying in our WA group yesterday that we need to reword First Rule. It's no longer that you will be missing one flavour, you will probably be missing three or four. Or, to put it another way, that you will only have one flavour in the recipe, not be short one flavour.

Take this one as an example, TamVapes' Butter Rum Toffee Tobacco:
2% FW Butter Pecan. Yep.
5% StixxMix Butter Rum Cavendish. Erm, come again?
2% Vape Train Devon Cream. Nope.
0.4% Vape Train Hard Crack Toffee. Nope.
3% DFS Holy Holy Grail RY4. Nope.
1% Flv Toffee. Nope.

Does TamVapes think anybody will be able to mix this? Even Apexified probably has First Rule on that one. Here's about the closest I could get in terms of names/flavours:
2% FW Butter Pecan
0.5% TFA Butter
1.5% FA Jamaica Rum
2% Flv Cream
1.5% HS Caramel Toffee
5% TFA RY4 Double

Is it going to be close? Mmmmm... no. But then, on the other hand, I have around 600 recipes now which I can make. How many more do I need?

If you want more info on Cap 27 Fish, Concrete has a comprehensive Reddit review up. Or, if you prefer video:

ONLY 45?...... Those are rookie numbers:p j/k
I know that feeling well myself:(
45 in my 1st 2 weeks of attempting come on give me some credit lol but yeah lets see how it goes, I hope from the 6 i made at least 1 aint a flop, that kiwi u wana custard will be ready next week. mixed it on the 5th of april,

Don't know if this is a tobacco or dessert and have no name for it. My own creation

Tfa Vanilla custard 5%
Tfa Ry4 double 5%
Tfa sweet cream 3%
Tfa vanilla swirl 4%
I like it at the % it is now, but does need a 2-4 week steep and shake every day. But I have mixed 500ml of it now and still not sick of it!

Anyone have a decent banana candy recipe?
I'm currently vaping on Cool Bananas from The Vape Station and loving it.
It's that artificial banana flavour like those little yellow banana hard sweets, with a little ice thrown in.
R185 for 150ml, but I reckon this can't be complex to recreate. Just looking to hear which banana flavourings are best for banana candy type juices.

LA Banana Cream. Although tbh most banana flavours are runts candy. FA and HS are more realistic so I'd avoid those. I don't think you'll find a lot of recipes as most DIYers try to avoid the runts candy note rather than create it. Here is a recipe for a banana taffy. As you can see, it's not a very challenging profile.

Back