DIY: iStick 20w 3400mah

DoubleD

Vaporous Maximus
LV

Awards
For those istick 20w owners out there, I came across this great break down video which I thought was worth the share.
It's not in English but the dude does the break down flawlessly from beginning to end, on camera, so it should be a breeze for anyone.
The only note I have to this is that, when its time to solder your positive and negative, use some flux on the contact points to make it easier for the solder to 'grab'. (he probably tells you to do that but I dont understand a word he is saying, Im not even sure what language it is :oops::tmi:..........:-D)

EDIT: You could use this to upgrade your istick 30w and 50w as well. :nerd: Just saying.. :nod:

Last edited:
For those istick 20w owners out there, I came across this great break down video which I thought was worth the share.
It's not in English but the dude does the break down flawlessly from beginning to end, on camera, so it should be a breeze for anyone.
The only note I have to this is that when its time to solder your positive and negative, use some flux on the contact points to make it easier for the solder to 'grab'. (he probably tells you to do that but I dont understand a word he is saying, Im not even sure what language it is :oops::tmi:..........:-D)

EDIT: You could use this to upgrade your istick 30w and 50w as well. :nerd: Just saying.. :nod:

Great find

Great find

I thought so too :rock:

Now imagine taking the 50w and upgrading it, to use 2 efest 2500mah batteries.
You could use the efest 3100mah as well. :clap:
Keep in mind though, lipos have a better discharge rate than IMR/lithium batteries or so I've heard.

I thought so too :rock:

Now imagine taking the 50w and upgrading it to use 2 efest 2500mah batteries :clap:
Keep in mind though, lipos have a better discharge rate than IMR/lithium batteries or so I've heard.
Just the 50second long intro was a bit much to endure and then it's not English lol.

all the soldering wire I have ever used has the flux in the middle... but to be honest I came out of a house where electronics where the THING, hehe....

Cool, this looks very easy to do. I wonder how much longer the battery would last.

Cool, this looks very easy to do. I wonder how much longer the battery would last.

The way I vape, I would expect at least 6 more hours of vape time on the Panasonic 3400.

Would you say the post was 'useful' or at very least 'likeable' :rolleyes: :giggle:

Actions speak louder that words, @DoubleD :) tapatalk only let's me like a post to so needed to wait to get to a pc.

Last edited:
Heres an iStick 50 project in German with disassembly and rewrap

My beloved iStick20 has finally had its day :-(
Battery wont charge/hold charge so I guess its time to be replaced :nerd::nod:

i put a efest 3100 in a istick 20 , still going strong 3 months .

Keen to see someone mod the iStick 50W with 2 X LG HG2's... 6000mAh would be pretty sweet.

Hell, depending on the current draw on the 50W board, you might even be able to use a pair of MJ1's which would be 7000mAh. Not 100% sure how safe it'd be, the MJ1's have a 10A limit. I seem to remember reading that the board will pull a max of 17A, so it's a little dicey, but if you're only living at 30-35W it should be fine.

HG2's would be totally safe though, they've got a 20A limit, so being in parallel, you'd be looking at about 30A of safe current. Which is way more current than what the board will be asking for.

Only downside is that HG2's are the new hotness, which means that their price is sorta high ($9.99 each + shipping) and they're usually sold out.

Last edited:
He speaks Hungarian :)

So I finally got around to installing the efest 3100mah and my iStick20 is back serving me as it should :D :rock:

11960280_10154353456927699_3716994249922720698_n.jpg

Notice that the hoople in me has lost the black square above the fire button :banghead: not a big issue but it annoys me lol

Back