DIY Meetups Gauteng

What would you like to get out of this group

• Total voters
Hey Vaporeon, will keep you personally posted as well, I think a private msg with updates once a month might be the way forward. I have been advised not to tag a lot of people in posts.
Hi @Bunnypoison, that would be awesome! I only clicked now that I'm home, but I saw and spoke to you at the JHB Vape Meet today :). Loved the encouragement and welcoming you provided towards DIY! Especially for someone so knew to it like myself... I look forward to making some deliciousness happen and learning the tricks of the trade :D

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hi @Bunnypoison, that would be awesome! I only clicked now that I'm home, but I saw and spoke to you at the JHB Vape Meet today :). Loved the encouragement and welcoming you provided towards DIY! Especially for someone so knew to it like myself... I look forward to making some deliciousness happen and learning the tricks of the trade :D

Was fantastic meeting you today, it is great to meet ambitious DIYers like yourself. We look forward to you becoming part of our DIY mad mixologist group, you are going to fit right in :)

Two more days till the next vape meet :) Will unfortunately be missing this one but will not miss another easily. Thank you @Dietz & @Tashy for stepping up to host this event :cheer:

keeep me on it i would love to share some of my mengelmoes kardoes thingys

DIY Meetup Update
2nd April Meetup 11:00-17:00

Thank you to the following for attending the third DIY Vape meet! or as I like to say, “Pretend I’m a mad scientist day”!
ITs Was a great day and I learned alot once again!

@Tashy
@Siathe
@Normz
@alex1501
Irene
@Vaporeon and his friend

DIYVapeMeet.jpg
  • Initially no one could find any inside story chocolates as we agreed on for this one’s recipe, I believe both @Bunnypoison and Irene visited Multiple stores with no luck. @Bunnypoison went the extra 50 miles and even contacted Tiger Brands who advised that its been discontinued.
    A big thanks to Irene for hunting them down, That was probably the last ones left in the country :-D:-D
  • As with the Apple Pie we ended the test samples at V4. We are currently still deciding on which one is the best, steeping takes time :wait: but I am sure we will have the recipe posted before the next DIY Meet.
  • Thanks to @Tashy for al the Mixing as the main mixolgist. @Siathe for being the ShakeMeister for the day and @alex1501 and @Normz for the recipe tasting and development!

Next DIY vape meet will be:
  • 07/05/2017 10:00-17:00
Another Special thanks to BLCK for our flavour stash!! Always adding more awesomeness!! @Richio

The official flavour stash for the next meet will be made available closer to the time as soon as we have received all RSVP's. - Please remember that only PM RSVP's will be accepted, PM to @Bunnypoison

Last edited:
It is a week before the event and we are wrapping up :) Discussions can start on what we are going to create at the upcoming event :rofl:. This will be the first event without our co-hosts @Dietz & @Tashy , you will be missed :SOOSAD:
Welcome @Roxy , @Tanja, @MrDeedz & Etienne to the 7th of May DIY meetup, looking forward to creating with all of you.
Thank you @DizZa for sending us the fantastic chocolate & coffee concentrates on doing some flavour profiling with, we also received a little surprise that I am going to keep for the meetup and report back on after the meet :giggle: really excited and you all should be as well:aplastao:

We have a great gang going and there is some room for more, please PM me if you would like to attend, will be in the East Rang Gauteng:rofl:

It is a week before the event and we are wrapping up :) Discussions can start on what we are going to create at the upcoming event :rofl:. This will be the first event without our co-hosts @Dietz & @Tashy , you will be missed :SOOSAD:
Welcome @Roxy , @Tanja, @MrDeedz & Etienne to the 7th of May DIY meetup, looking forward to creating with all of you.
Thank you @DizZa for sending us the fantastic chocolate & coffee concentrates on doing some flavour profiling with, we also received a little surprise that I am going to keep for the meetup and report back on after the meet :giggle: really excited and you all should be as well:aplastao:

We have a great gang going and there is some room for more, please PM me if you would like to attend, will be in the East Rang Gauteng:rofl:
Really looking forward to it!

Did someone say chocolate and coffee? If you can create a decent juice with either, I shall construct a small shrine to you. Those are two profiles that I've essentially given up on. Good luck and hope you create something tasty!

Did someone say chocolate and coffee? If you can create a decent juice with either, I shall construct a small shrine to you. Those are two profiles that I've essentially given up on. Good luck and hope you create something tasty!
I know they are difficult concentrates, but as always we aren't scared off easily :wasntme: Will definitely keep you posted, still looking forward to seeing you at one of our gigs :clap: . Our second meetup we mistakenly thought an apple pie would be easy :lipssealed:, it was not but we did finish up with a decent juice, so coffee and chocolate is just another great challenge :nerd:. I think our strategy ( by accident and naively assuming ) is to get everything difficult out of the way:rofl:, so far so good:tmnt:

You and me both.
Enjoy guys

:SimpHomer:Hey everyone, before I post an update from the last event I would like to secure a date for the next, we have 28th of May and the 4th of June on the table (others can be reccomended) . We had quite the ball having a braai as everyone brought their own meat and drinks which worked out well. We also need to decide on a flavour profile we would like to explore with chocolate and coffee below our belt. Welcome @Goldfish619 to the conversation and lets get conversating :) @Tanja , @Roxy , @MrDeedz , @Dietz , @Tashy , @PsyCLown , @Idiot , @alex1501

Going to see if I can get away for the next meet. I've recently started with my own recipes (yet to mix them though...) based on mixing different highly rated recipes' bases and top notes and

Going to see if I can get away for the next meet. I've recently started with my own recipes (yet to mix them though...) based on mixing different highly rated recipes' bases and top notes and
and......? on the edge of my seat here

It will be work dependant... we are going live with a big project next weekend... and if we miss that weekend it will be the weekend after... so I'm not 100% sure just yet...

I'm keen to join, either date should be fine at this point in time.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

one thing weirdly that has always helped my coffee recipes was vanilla bean ice cream at 2%. Sounds weird but i find it fixes the bitterness and burnt taste of the coffee pretty well.

:SimpHomer:Hey everyone, before I post an update from the last event I would like to secure a date for the next, we have 28th of May and the 4th of June on the table (others can be reccomended) . We had quite the ball having a braai as everyone brought their own meat and drinks which worked out well. We also need to decide on a flavour profile we would like to explore with chocolate and coffee below our belt. Welcome @Goldfish619 to the conversation and lets get conversating :) @Tanja , @Roxy , @MrDeedz , @Dietz , @Tashy , @PsyCLown , @Idiot , @alex1501
@Bunnypoison You know the rule... If there are no pics...it didnt happen :rofl: when are you sharing the fun?
Were keen on any of the dates.

Last edited:
Okay its that time again! Yes, Its been too long I know.
We are hosting another JHB DIY Group meetup.

I am looking at these two dates:
- 2 July 2017
- 9 July 2017

I have an idea for this meet, but am still thinking it over (might get a bit of fire over it), Please make any suggestion on recipes/flavor profiles for this meet that you would like work with!

Please RSVP by PM with your cell number to me so that I can add you to the Whatsapp Group.

Please note this is limited to 10 people (For now), In the past we've had many people cancel or just not pitch up at the last minute, this means someone else missed out on the meet, So I have to ask Please only RSVP if you Know you Will be able to make it.

@craigb , @Tashy , @alex1501 , @Bunnypoison , @Normz , @Idiot , @PsyCLown , @Tanja , @Roxy , @MrDeedz , @Goldfish619

C'Mon peeeeeeple!!! there has only been one person who showed interest?
is this really how its gunna end?

I would so love to join but finding time to get away from the baby and the wife is a lot harder than it sounds...
I do love the feedback and recipes that come out of these meets though. Looks like a lot of fun.

Back