DIY vs Premade eliquid

@Viper_SA how do you vape 15 to 20 ml a day? I thought 6ml was a lot for one day! :eek:

When I first switched to 6mg I had a hard time coping with less nicotine. Building low Ohm builds also eats at the juice, especially when you have a week off and bad weather, lol. Chain vaped like a maniac.

Is Skyblue the only one with an actual kit?

Check with @Oupa at Vapour Mountain
A while back they also did kits
I bought two of them. Not in a dedicated box like SkyBlue, but there was a discount because of buying all the things together.

If you want to save some money, you could supplement the KIT with some Dolly Varden VG from SPAR. They are generally the cheapest at around R22 for 250ml. Not a huge saving, but it helps and you could use it to find your sweet spot with PG/VG ratio. I'm down to only 1mg nic, so at the moment I use 0.7ml per 30ml juice, which means my nic lasts forever. Also doing max VG juices now, so the only PG I add are the flavors and nic. My fav recipe so far has been 10% TFA Vanilla Bean Ice Cream, 12% TFA Ripe Strawberry. Very easy to make and tastes awesome. What I have found is that I get a sweeter taste from the Dolly Varden VG than the Skyblue VG. Have not tried the Vapourmountain or Valley Vapour VG yet. I also love kiwi and watermelon flavors.

People are a lot different some prefer it others don't, personally I have only bought 3 ejuices(Chinese) with my penstick when I started and have been DIY since then. Have thrown a batch or two away, but have tasted pre made juice that I would've thrown away aswell had I bought it without testing. For me it works out a lot cheaper, me and oupoot finished more that 50ml on Sunday of a DIY blend so that worked out fairly cheap about R15 for the bottle. In the end it comes down to wether one likes, blending/measuring the bonsai lab thing(which I do). Same with coil building, There is so many fun things in this industry around the vaping itself.

Don't underestimate the value of making single flavour juices to supplement your store bought commercial juices. I still buy a lot of juices, but I DIY just as much (or more). For me DIY is just an add-on, not entirely a replacement - but others live off of DIY juice ;)

Think of DIY as cooking and store bought juice as take out or a going to a restaurant - some people really enjoy cooking (or can't affording eating out) while others can't bear to prepare their own food :)

If you play it safe and follow recipes, or make some single/dual flavour juices then DIY will be a whole lot cheaper than buying pre-made juices - and they can be very good too :D

Don't underestimate the value of making single flavour juices to supplement your store bought commercial juices. I still buy a lot of juices, but I DIY just as much (or more). For me DIY is just an add-on, not entirely a replacement - but others live off of DIY juice ;)

Think of DIY as cooking and store bought juice as take out or a going to a restaurant - some people really enjoy cooking (or can't affording eating out) while others can't bear to prepare their own food :)

If you play it safe and follow recipes, or make some single/dual flavour juices then DIY will be a whole lot cheaper than buying pre-made juices - and they can be very good too :D
At the moment I am using a RY4 at 2.5%...ok you need a bit of high wattage...but man...this is an extremely addictive flavor...the caramel is blooming...and at 1mg nic....it is difficult to keep below 20ml's a day..

At the moment I am using a RY4 at 2.5%...ok you need a bit of high wattage...but man...this is an extremely addictive flavor...the caramel is blooming...and at 1mg nic....it is difficult to keep below 20ml's a day..

But luckily because of the low cost you CAN vape 20ml a day and still eat ;)

@free3dom I love how you explain the comparison.
I like to live by 'keep it simple, stupid' and most of the recipes I plan to use are going to be simple single or dual or a key flavour with a little tweaking

If you want to save some money, you could supplement the KIT with some Dolly Varden VG from SPAR. They are generally the cheapest at around R22 for 250ml. Not a huge saving, but it helps and you could use it to find your sweet spot with PG/VG ratio. I'm down to only 1mg nic, so at the moment I use 0.7ml per 30ml juice, which means my nic lasts forever. Also doing max VG juices now, so the only PG I add are the flavors and nic. My fav recipe so far has been 10% TFA Vanilla Bean Ice Cream, 12% TFA Ripe Strawberry. Very easy to make and tastes awesome. What I have found is that I get a sweeter taste from the Dolly Varden VG than the Skyblue VG. Have not tried the Vapourmountain or Valley Vapour VG yet. I also love kiwi and watermelon flavors.
I agree with the vanilla bean Ice cream eh....awesome flavor...I thin my VG blends with a little distilled water, but gotta keep it under 10% as it is a lot thinner than PG and does not carry flavor the way PG does, easy to ruin a juice if overstepped.

I do believe skyeblue
Is Skyblue the only one with an actual kit?
has the best flavours in the country...not to step on anyone's toes...but their DIY flavours are amazing, if you choose the one that fits your tastebud you'll be a happy camper garenteed.;-)

@free3dom I love how you explain the comparison.
I like to live by 'keep it simple, stupid' and most of the recipes I plan to use are going to be simple single or dual or a key flavour with a little tweaking

Then I say go for a DIY kit - the one from SkyBlue is fantastic and gives you everything you need (including 2 flavours). It costs R450 and while that may seem high it gives you 250 ml of juice at 12mg with 8% flavouring (and 50+ml left over that just needs more flavouring) - that's more than 8 bottles of store bought juice ;)

@free3dom I use 6mg nicotine so that will drop the price further per bottle. That's incredible!

Score :rock:

That means that with the 36mg nic you buy you only need to use 1/6 in your juice (so 5ml per 30ml of juice) - and since it's the most expensive part of DIY you end up saving a bundle ;)

I only vape my own juices...have done since approx 3 months ago...total laid out for DIY goodies R5.5k...but seeing a ROI now. I too find my own mixes WAY better then some out there. Initially when I started mixing, not understanding the "steep" process properly, I thought I had ventured into a "white elephant". As time has passed, and my juices cured properly, I am starting to reap the benefit...the stuff is SO YUMMY!!! Needless to say, if I had to calculate the amount paid out, to what I currently have to vape, versus what I would've paid out on "premium", then it is working out WAY cheaper...
I should also add, I dont mix one flavour juices...hence the capital layout for concentrates...

Back