Does it taste what it says ?

Haha there is sweat meat juices out there , but not for me
I

I also lose my sense of smell after 4 or 5 whiffs on test bottles . That also happens if I chain vape too long. When I switch from peppermint crisp to cool strawberry, I get a burnt paper taste for a few vapes. Ick!

Perfume shops in India keep a bottle of chopped onions or dark coffee in their shop. So when a customer can't smell perfumes anymore they give then these bottles to smell. It kind of reactivates the olfactory sensors

I tried this concentrate...I didn't like it much. Maybe you would like to give it a go. :)
View attachment 128443

What about a Fireball concentrate? Imagine mixing just a touch of Fireball with a dark roast coffee juice, add a good dollop of cream and some sweetener, which would provide the spicy and sweet contrast, and 6mg nic. Wouldn't that be a good coffee?? Any DIYers out there willing to try? I'll pay you for all the ingredients.

I have a friend who doesn't vape (or smoke) but she's fascinated by the juice flavours and enjoys a tongue-tip taste. We always do a blind tasting i.e. she doesn't see the bottle or know the name/flavour. It's an interesting exercise! We had a tasting session today.

With fruits, the most that she can say is that it's fruity - but she can't identify which fruits are supposedly in it. Even with Milkshake Liquids - Banggo Shake, which to me tastes just like mango - AND smells like it, she didn't identify that it is mango. However, she did say that it reminds her of a body scrub which she has in the shop and when she went to get it, we saw that it's a mango-scented body scrub!

She tasted Ace of Vapes Icy Cola today and she said it tastes like Iron Brew - she was on the right track, at least, in that both are energy drinks. @Mida Khan

@BumbleBee, she tasted Machete and said that it's delicious, but she didn't identify it as a coffee. However, she did say that she could taste hazelnut. I don't know if there's any hazelnut in it.

With @Blends Of Distinction - Decadent Dark Chocolate, she immediately identified chocolate, which didn't surprise me. This juice is chocolate through and through - it's absolutely divine!

Ah! I'd prefer coffee to tea. Strangely enough, I lived in Oman (Middle East) for five years, but never had coffee other than in my home. I was invited to partake of camel's milk though.

Gosh, thanks for all these links @RainstormZA !
What were you doing in Oman?

I'd love to travel to India, Poland, Lake Baikal in Siberia and Mongolia.

What were you doing in Oman?

I'd love to travel to India, Poland, Lake Baikal in Siberia and Mongolia.

@RainstormZA I worked at a college. I was in charge of 25 - 28 English teachers (mostly foreigners but some Omanis as well) and about 700 students. My job was also to compile the curriculum, set assignments, compile exams etc. etc.

Before moving to Oman I was teaching English at various universities in China for 5 years - moving around to experience the different regions. One of the places where I worked was in the Heilongjiang Province, which borders Siberia. What a fascinating experience that was! Daytime temperatures were about -18C and night was about -25C.

I believe Mongolia is lovely and the people are very friendly. I'd love to go there too.

I've always wanted to work in Siberia and over the years I've been offered two jobs there, but you have to share an apartment with someone else. There's just no way that I could do that - I need A LOT of me-time.

Haven't been posting, but made a crap load of mixes. i came to a realisation that i probably messed my tastebuds up proper, by 19 years of smoking.
Have quit ciggies on 25 jan 2018, but still cant taste subtle/background note every one comments on. Cant handle creams coz they kinda taste like its passed its sell by date.
Not for me:
CreamyBananas
AtmoseChifles
Terrorbird
snakeblood
sucker punch clone
6% tigers blood
Strawberry fog
Bombies nana cream
(all above can be found on e-liquid-recipes.com )
misty by Eyawreklaw
What i really really enjoy:
Fantastic......... A Fantasia Remix by Dazcole
Cuprain Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream(revised) by ENYAWREKLAW]
Golden Ticket Remix by enyawreklaw (need 24 hours breathe as well as 7 day steep)
CHOCOLATE MILKSHAKES by ENYAWREKLAW

Last edited:
i posted this in the thread "What did you mix today" in Diy e-juice.
@Faraaz DIY isnt all brilliant recipes, all of the above are highly rated, and as you can see, i cant stand most of them.
That being said, its sooooo much cheaper (not initially) and you can make 10ml samples to try, if you dont like it, bin it, it costs probably less that R20.00 , someone worked it out to about R1.00 per ml. Dunno if it still costs that.

Haven't been posting, but made a crap load of mixes. i came to a realisation that i probably messed my tastebuds up proper, by 19 years of smoking.
Have quit ciggies on 25 jan 2018, but still cant taste subtle/background note every one comments on. Cant handle creams coz they kinda taste like its passed its sell by date.
Not for me:
CreamyBananas
AtmoseChifles
Terrorbird
snakeblood
sucker punch clone
6% tigers blood
Strawberry fog
Bombies nana cream
misty by Eyawreklaw
Golden Ticket Remix by enyawreklaw

@Armed Congrats on giving up the stinkies! I hope that you're proud of yourself!
I don't DIY, but I've realised that there are two juice flavours which taste dreadful (for me): banana and watermelon

Dunno if it still costs that.

It costs less now. The R1 per ml ratio was worked out when nicotine was R180 a bottle and TFA/FA/FW were R40 a bottle. In both cases, prices have been slashed by almost 50% since then, and PG and VG are cheaper now too. DIY has been subject to severe de-flation.

It costs less now. The R1 per ml ratio was worked out when nicotine was R180 a bottle and TFA/FA/FW were R40 a bottle. In both cases, prices have been slashed by almost 50% since then, and PG and VG are cheaper now too. DIY has been subject to severe de-flation.

@Armed - my average works out to about 74c per ml OR just over R22 per 30ml, but it can be even cheaper if you buy larger than 10ml quantities of the concentrates.

Sent by iDad's iPhone

@Armed - my average works out to about 74c per ml OR just over R22 per 30ml, but it can be even cheaper if you buy larger than 10ml quantities of the concentrates.

Sent by iDad's iPhone
When you start mixing though, stick to 10ml concentrates. Nothing sucks more than sitting with 10 bottles of 50ml flavours that still has 48ml left in them and you know you'll never use any of them again.

Sent by iDad's iPhone

@RenaldoRheeder Whew! That really is cheap!! I think I should look into DIY - when all my juice is finished ... if that day ever comes!

Not for me:
CreamyBananas
AtmoseChifles
Terrorbird
snakeblood
sucker punch clone
6% tigers blood
Strawberry fog
Bombies nana cream
misty by Eyawreklaw
Golden Ticket Remix by enyawreklaw

Hang in there @Armed, in my experience the olfactory nerve takes time to heal, 28 years of smoking took about 9-12 months for me to really taste and smell things properly again.

The taste debate reminds me of a "game" we used to play in the bar on the farm. After dinner (usually a braai), and a few drinks, a group of friends would play this game. After being blindfolded (don't panic this is not rated 18) each contestant is required to taste six different spirits out of shot glasses. We usually used whisky, gin, vodka, brandy, cane and rum. ( tequila and uzo made it too difficult).
In all the time we did this only one person got them all correct. She almost never drank spirits but preferred beer and cider.
The results may have been blurred by the number of drinks imbibed prior to the competitions.
My take on this is that certain people will only drink a particular brand of whiskey (eg). Would they notice if this was substituted, after drinking a few of them ? Would they even notice if it was replaced with eg. brandy ?

The taste debate reminds me of a "game" we used to play in the bar on the farm. After dinner (usually a braai), and a few drinks, a group of friends would play this game. After being blindfolded (don't panic this is not rated 18) each cont estant is required to taste six different spirits out of shot glasses. We usually used whisky, gin, vodka, brandy, cane and rum. ( tequila and uzo made it too difficult).
In all the time we did this only one person got them all correct. She almost never drank spirits but preferred beer and cider.
The results may have been blurred by the number of drinks imbibed prior to the competitions.
My take on this is that certain people will only drink a particular brand of whiskey (eg). Would they notice if this was substituted, after drinking a few of them ? Would they even notice if it was replaced with eg. brandy ?

I'm sure they'd notice if it were substituted with brandy, but I doubt that any "normal" person i.e. not a professional taster, would know that their favourite brand had been changed.

IMHO I think that taste is psychological, to a large extent. That is why we have these hyperbolic flavour descriptions. The bane of my life!! Don't talk rubbish by saying that this juice is going to transport me to a tropical island. Just tell me that it's a mix of berries, bananas and coconut. That's all that I need to know. But ... that's the realist in me!

Thanks for the encouragement guys.
@Hooked LOL and I loved watermelon candy from mr hardwicks!:-D

Back