Drop Dead Thread

I just changed flavours and redid the wicking using a tight wick.

No spitback

Send from this side of the screen
This might be stupid question, but how tight is tight? I've watched many vids/reviews as well with the reviews saying that the wick should be tight but what does that actually mean?
Surely if you wick it too tight you will get dry hits as the juice won't get into the cotton or am I vaping my socks???

This might be stupid question, but how tight is tight? I've watched many vids/reviews as well with the reviews saying that the wick should be tight but what does that actually mean?
Surely if you wick it too tight you will get dry hits as the juice won't get into the cotton or am I vaping my socks???

Toight ....like a Toiger ;) sorry couldn't resist ......

But to me when I wick I normally if it moves or tries to move the coil I know the cotton is too tight.
I just pull a little out on either side and check , cotton should move fairly freely but not too freely there should be a little resistance , TFC is great as it is really easy to work with ....

I wick it very tight. Quite a bit of resistance when pulling it through the coil. No dry hits and no spit back. Flavor on this RDA is great and the juice well is nice and big for dripping.

As a massive air flow hog, I found the dead rabbit to have slightly less airflow than to my preference.
How does the drop dead compare in that regard?

@smilelykumeenit has a tips and tricks post, read it, i strum my coils AFTER wicking, no spit back or dry hits, ever.

What would you guys say is the best size ID coils to use here? I've been building 3.0mm ID dual fused claptons and i'm thinking of trying 2.5mm ID next... Any thoughts?

I’m using 2.5mm aliens and build on the posts and low down as possible and vape around 60-70w and am happy

How is your battery life on the topside while using the DD? I put the DD in the cupboard for a while, got too hot. Now using the Profile on a test run..... Will break the DD out again soon.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
not great, about four battery (21700) swaps a day (weekends) two to three a working day if that's the only mod i use.
the heat is the coil spacing. closer together for flavor and further apart for clouds.

Any chance you guys can post pics of your builds?

Also got the DD but I'm not very impressed with the flavour. It is there but not wow.

Any chance you guys can post pics of your builds?

Also got the DD but I'm not very impressed with the flavour. It is there but not wow.

i unfortunately never took from the side that counts.

19a1c4d0f9216b63f108e177263837c7.jpg

i unfortunately never took from the side that counts.

19a1c4d0f9216b63f108e177263837c7.jpg

Thanks. So the coils must be very close. And if I judge correctly about middle hight. Think mine is too high and wide.

Been trying Oen's Dead Rabbit build, but the intakes are definitely at a different angle.

Back