Dvarw RTA DL from KHW Mods in Hungary

Ok, I need to admit that I am struggling with intermittent leaks on my Dvarw

Last rewick yesterday I tried making it as thick as I could (i hold the coil with my fingernail) so it doesnt distort.

I tried @RenaldoRheeder 's suggestion of leaving a bit more wick on the outside and then I "pasted" it up against the side wall of the juice holes when wet.

Left the tank for half an hour and it dumped about half a tankful of the juice on my minikin.

I opened it up and saw that on the one side, the "pasted" wick on the side wall had moved a bit exposing a tiny hole in the juice channels. So I patted it back with my screwdriver. Now its been behaving but I don't trust it.

Am using Royal Wicks and a 2.5mm ID coil.

Flavour is superb - just the odd and intermittent leaking that is driving me crazy. I know its probably my inexperience with wicking this tank and not the tank's fault - but man, I am upset with this tank

Here are some pics of my latest wicking:

Leaving more wick protruding out -

7ea385730d2486ec966f9d7b061900e2.jpg

Pasting it up against the side wall making sure juice hole is blocked off -

ae129070a7f7abf7d75c0fcbce7ddf52.jpg

Top view - pasting it against the wall so that it doesn't interfere with screwing on the tank part -

84a34466982fed47a4ebba561e512bb7.jpg

To be fair, @RenaldoRheeder - i didnt do what you suggested - ie pull the wick back a bit to make sure that its a bit tighter in the juice channel. Maybe that was my error - I just gently pulled the wicks out of the juice channels but didnt reverse them a bit. I know what you mean. Sigh.... Maybe I need to try that.

Anyhow, my second "pasting" is working for now - so I will leave it - but I need to get this sorted because the flavour is very good

Last edited:
Oh ya, forgot to mention, there's always one side that is thinner than the other - you know - how you crimp the one end to get it into the coil - then that side is always thinner than the other side which is much fluffier and thicker.

I wish it was symmetrical.... lol

@Silver maybe try cutting the wick a bit shorter where it protrudes from the cap. When turning the top tank section on I have a feeling it could be moving the wick. I cut mine about halfway from slots to the threads and then just give each side a blow to fluff cotton and have never had a drop of juice leaking.

@Silver maybe try cutting the wick a bit shorter where it protrudes from the cap. When turning the top tank section on I have a feeling it could be moving the wick. I cut mine about halfway from slots to the threads and then just give each side a blow to fluff cotton and have never had a drop of juice leaking.
You’re right @Bulldog the wick is way too long @Silver and the top cap will pull on it when you screw it on. Having said that, I also experience the intermittent drop of juice leaking out of the airport but it usually happens after one or two days of rewicking. So I’m assuming my wick gets over saturated... The best solution is a fresh wick when you start experiencing leakages. My two cents...

@Silver this is how I wick my Dvarw. Don’t have any leaking issues what’s so ever. My wicks are not very thick either nor do they stick out far beyond the chamber cap. You can see light coming in on one side, not even a concern as the cotton will swell once saturated.

Your Dvarw leaking is very perplexing and odd. Something I was thinking about is do you have both the Airflow screw and the screw that hold the Deck together installed and tight. I’m thinking that maybe your leaking past one of these screws as it takes a fair amount of juice in the deck to get past the airflow controller insert.

F9BAB682-0F24-4463-BDB3-9C94759631C1.jpeg
11612E4B-E0FC-4EB4-B42E-14B0EF9578E2.jpeg
81DE0073-DD3C-4AD6-B06C-67F9B19D239E.jpeg

Thank guys for all your input
I really want to get this Dvarw sorted

@CaliGuy thanks for your thoughts and post - where is the airflow screw. Lol.

I also need to check if everything else is tight and if my o rings need replacing.

Thanks @Bulldog and @Grand Guru

I want to check my o rings and try replace them in case it's that. And then I am going to try the shorter wicks again.

@Silver the screws I mentioned are shown in the deck below. Note the one screw holds the airflow insert and the other screw holds the deck to the base.

Only mentioned this because you had Dvarw that didn’t leak, now it’s leaking so something has changed or there is a problem with the RTA.

You need to check and replace O-Rings, I’m still convinced the juice is getting past the Chamber Cap O-Ring where the cap slides onto the deck allowing excess juice to get into the chamber and out the airflow controller insert.

If you follow mine and Robs wicking you should not have any leaking if all o-rings and screws are checked and in order.

5B1A533F-2529-4D19-B635-35A9F25FA8C0.jpeg

Spinning with this guy today.
Now that I finally got the cap unstuck !
No leaks (yet) when filling.

PSX_20190316_221525.jpg

Ok, I opened up my Dvarw and did another rewick

I found that the one screw was loose!!!!!!!!
(not the one that holds the airflow insert) - the other one - as @CaliGuy says it holds the deck to the base -
I got my allen key out and that screw was just spinning. It wasn't tight. Tightened it up.

Then I rewicked as I have done before with shorter wicks protruding out.
I also pulled the wicks very slightly back in to make them "puff up" a bit
Then I blew on them as well, as was advised in this thread

935a1c8810c5e352e3e2dd8d5c119eec.jpg

All is working. No leaking so far. I will have to use it for a day and see how it goes.
But the good news is that it seems to be vaping smoother. Before there was a very slight gurgle sometimes. Now its lovely. May be imagining it but the flavour seems to have improved slightly too! :)

Thanks to all you "Dvarwites" for the advice so far. It has helped. And a big special thanks to @CaliGuy for asking me to tighten the screws. I think that may have been the problem here. Can you believe it! A loose screw!!! Dammit. How could I have not checked that.

Thanks - will report back later today or tomorrow and I am hoping she behaves from here on.

So far so good

Have just refilled and she is dry. No leaks.
The vape is juicy and very tasty

Am so pleased for now. Long may it last...

c30d15b948f492a55dcfde1bf24f3f4a.jpg

Last edited:
@Silver glad to hear you got everything sorted out. As they sometimes say it’s the little things that make difference and in this case the Dvarw screws are frikken tiny buggers.

Like I’ve said before and I’ll say it again, this forum is full of truly awesome, helpful and supportive people! I for one am glad to be a part of something good.

Last edited:
@Silver glad to hear you got everything sorted out. As they sometimes say I t’s the little things that make difference and in this case the Dvarw screws are frikken tiny buggers.

Like I’ve said before and I’ll say it again, this forum is full of truly awesome, helpful and supportive people! I for one am glad to be a part of something good.

Thanks so much @CaliGuy
I owe my Dvarw resurrection to you
I nearly chucked it in the Gorge ! Dont let Rob hear that, hehe

Still early days but the signs are all good. Halfway through my next tankful and not a peep of a problem

My Dvarw hasnt leaked overnight
Going very well
Oodles of flavour
Yay, seems like its sorted 8--):)

My Dvarw did well for about four tankfuls

Then i came back to it this afternoon and it had spewed about 1/3 of a tank down my Minikin

Naughty Dvarw!!

e023ffe9bf8e2b50827e565064fed1e8.jpg

Next step is I'm going to change the o rings. And if that doesn't work I am going to switch to a 3mm coil ID instead of 2.5.

If that doesn't work then I am pretty much out of ideas and then the Dvarw may just get benched.

Am tired and upset and miserable. Lol

Not sure what you are doing wrong Hi Ho @Silver? I use 2.5mm Aliens in all mine and never get a dump ever...
DvarwPitStop5.jpg

Thanks @Rob Fisher
I suspect it might be an o ring
Will try that soon

Otherwise I might have to ship the Dvarw to you for an expert pitstop. Lol

Then i came back to it this afternoon and it had spewed about 1/3 of a tank down my Minikin

Naughty Dvarw!!

e023ffe9bf8e2b50827e565064fed1e8.jpg

Next step is I'm going to change the o rings. And if that doesn't work I am going to switch to a 3mm coil ID instead of 2.5.

If that doesn't work then I am pretty much out of ideas and then the Dvarw may just get benched.

I only do about 3 tanks and then I rewick.I also don't do the exocet wicking method.I tuck my wicks in.I am running 3mm fused clapton in mine.0.3 ohm build.And I drop my coil very low.I sometimes get a little juice in the airflow that I clean with TP.But my tank also stand a lot.I would maybe vape one tank in 2 days on it.I also ordered a set of orings to change them.

Last edited:

Naughty Dvarw!!

Eish - the universe is not nice with you. I only use 3mm coils and position the coils low. Hope you find that happy place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have tried again. Have replaced the o ring around the chimney part. Let's see if that prevents my leaks.

If that doesn't work I will move to a 3mm diameter coil.

0acdbf34701c511791f30d5739178165.jpg

Back