Eleaf istick 60w "Temp protection" problem

Waine

Elite Vaper
LV

Awards
So far I have been loving my two Eleaf istick 60w units. I have one for the office and one for home. However, I have encountered my first fault.

I removed the standard factory issue coil, which I presume is the kanthal one. The kanthal coil I was using in "VW" -- Variable Wattage mode. It has no coloured band on. In the kit, you get 2 extra EC TC coils, one Nickel with the blue band and one Titanium with the red band. I changed the kanthal one for the Nickel coil to see if I get a different flavour.

After setting it to Nickel mode at 30 Watts and a lowish temperature, about 120 degrees celcius the problem starts. When I hit the fire button it does not fire up. I get a message: "Temp Protection". I tried the Titanium coil, put the setting on Titanium mode and I get the same result. The coil was primed. I cleaned all the pieces of the Melo 2 tank.

The funny thing is, sometimes if I power the temperature up to about 250 degrees it works, other times on the same setting I get the same message. Very strange. I have Googled the problem but found no answers. I have tried different settings but the same message appears.

The Nickel and Titanium coils work fine in VW mode. But I feel robbed of the full use of the Temperature control feature.

Has anyone who owns an Eleaf IStick 60w had the same problem? Am I doing something wrong?

Any advice will be appreciated.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

I have the same setup.
I will test little later to see if that happens.

It is now my spare as I am use the cloupor gt.

You should use Nickel and Titanium in TC mode only.

I have an idea 120C is just too low. At that temperature you will probably not have any vapour, hence the system not liking it.

The scorch temperature of dry cotton is around 225C. Of course when wet you can go substantially higher - up to around 270C.

Maybe try starting off at around 200C.

I have the same setup.
I will test little later to see if that happens.

It is now my spare as I am use the cloupor gt.
Thanks @MikeVape. Any advice will be appreciated. It's kak like this that makes me gravitate towards more simple devices, eg the Eleaf ijust2. It has one setting and few parts that can go wrong. I have very bad luck with mechanical things as much as I am a techno junkie.

Maybe a stupid question but are you actually physically vaping it? If you fire the mod without vaping it in TC more it will kick into temp protect very quickly. When you vape it cools down the coil

Thanks @MikeVape. Any advice will be appreciated. It's kak like this that makes me gravitate towards more simple devices, eg the Eleaf ijust2. It has one setting and few parts that can go wrong. I have very bad luck with mechanical things as much as I am a techno junkie.

I can relate that's why I went to a cloupor gt, I get all the same and more...
My next one will be the
REULEAUX RX200 MOD
Wismec/Jaybo
R 970.00

Maybe a stupid question but are you actually physically vaping it? If you fire the mod without vaping it in TC more it will kick into temp protect very quickly. When you vape it cools down the coil
@jguile415 Oh my Goodness gracious me! THANK YOU A THOUSAND TIMES OVER. You are a star! I took a drag with the "Temp control" message on and voila! It works.

You have made my day. It's people like you that make this forum so awesome. I am now stoked. Now I appreciate the TC function since I know what the hell I am doing.

Brilliant! Glad I could help :) TC is a very different beast but very rewarding when it's set up right

Sent from my SM-J500F using Tapatalk

So far I have been loving my two Eleaf istick 60w units. I have one for the office and one for home. However, I have encountered my first fault.

I removed the standard factory issue coil, which I presume is the kanthal one. The kanthal coil I was using in "VW" -- Variable Wattage mode. It has no coloured band on. In the kit, you get 2 extra EC TC coils, one Nickel with the blue band and one Titanium with the red band. I changed the kanthal one for the Nickel coil to see if I get a different flavour.

After setting it to Nickel mode at 30 Watts and a lowish temperature, about 120 degrees celcius the problem starts. When I hit the fire button it does not fire up. I get a message: "Temp Protection". I tried the Titanium coil, put the setting on Titanium mode and I get the same result. The coil was primed. I cleaned all the pieces of the Melo 2 tank.

The funny thing is, sometimes if I power the temperature up to about 250 degrees it works, other times on the same setting I get the same message. Very strange. I have Googled the problem but found no answers. I have tried different settings but the same message appears.

The Nickel and Titanium coils work fine in VW mode. But I feel robbed of the full use of the Temperature control feature.

Has anyone who owns an Eleaf IStick 60w had the same problem? Am I doing something wrong?

Hi.. please be carefull with regards to Titanium and Nickle coils, they must only be used in Temp Control mode, never VV mode. Nickle is safe within specific temperatures, if it gets too hot it releases gas toxins. I placed a Ceramic Ni Coil in my iJust2 tank (using a Eleaf istick 60w) and it gave the temperature protection reading at 100 degrees. When i set it to 200 it started working, try a higher temp setting

Mine NEVER worked in TC. To be really frank the strength of those mods lies in their portability. Was my first. Upgraded within 2 weeks.

Hi.. please be carefull with regards to Titanium and Nickle coils, they must only be used in Temp Control mode, never VV mode. Nickle is safe within specific temperatures, if it gets too hot it releases gas toxins. I placed a Ceramic Ni Coil in my iJust2 tank (using a Eleaf istick 60w) and it gave the temperature protection reading at 100 degrees. When i set it to 200 it started working, try a higher temp setting
You need more power than the TC 60 has got to make Ni go toxic.

@Waine have you tried locking your resistance when the device is at room temperature?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back