ESG Skyline RTA

I've been running my Taifun GTR daily since getting it from you @Rob Fisher but you just convinced me to run my Skyline for a while again.
Still prefer the GTR though ;)

Skyline.jpg

Go get some silicon orings (whitish/clear) to replace the two on the liquid control and the friction goes way down. The shore hardness of silicon is far less than the black neoprene. This makes turning the thing an absolute breeze. They can be had from any engineering seal supply house - just google for one in your area.

Last edited:
DHL arrived with the new O-Rings from ESG and after a good clean and new o-rings all round I added some new Ni80 2.5mm Aliens and wicked them up with Titanium Fiber Cotton and added some Red Pill and we are back in business! The Skyline and Skydrop are running as smooth as silk. Outstanding flavour.
Skyline o-rings 1.jpg Skyline o-rings 2.jpg Skyline o-rings 3.jpg Skyline o-rings 5.jpg

DHL arrived with the new O-Rings from ESG and after a good clean and new o-rings all round I added some new Ni80 2.5mm Aliens and wicked them up with Titanium Fiber Cotton and added some Red Pill and we are back in business! The Skyline and Skydrop are running as smooth as silk. Outstanding flavour.
View attachment 187079 View attachment 187080 View attachment 187081 View attachment 187082
Guess what’s better than a skyline? A gold plated one! Looks awesome.

Skyline’s all wicked and ready for the week. These make it very difficult to enjoy the flavor of any other atties.

A077A69F-C9CE-477A-976A-527263025C8C.jpeg

If I get a moment today, I have a skyline that needs a wick and some 12mg tobacco :D

If I get a moment today, I have a skyline that needs a wick and some 12mg tobacco :D

Nice!

I've tried tobacco once in my Skyline @Christos - but it was restricted lung - and I didnt like it much.

But now - since it has been converted to MTL with the small airdisk - your post has reminded me to try a tobacco again in the Skyline. Thanks for that - I am going to put it on the todo list! Will probably just wait for the next rewicking - which will be in a few days time. I have Panama in there now - its glorious.

Whoops! Cracked my Skyline Glass when cleaning it this morning... off to the boathouse for the old vape stock to look for a replacement glass! I couldn't find my spare glass tanks (and I know I have two because I replaced them with the metal tanks) but I found an ultem one... looks pretty good on the golden Skyline!
Skyline Gold 1.JPG Skyline Gold 2.JPG

Whoops! Cracked my Skyline Glass when cleaning it this morning... off to the boathouse for the old vape stock to look for a replacement glass! I couldn't find my spare glass tanks (and I know I have two because I replaced them with the metal tanks) but I found an ultem one... looks pretty good on the golden Skyline!
View attachment 194133 View attachment 194134
If you can’t find them I have 5000 I’ve never needed :D
Even have an extra for @Silver if he ever needs one.

Thanks @Christos you rock! We can make a deal on our next shipment!

Hi Ho @Silver will need one soon because the boy is getting into everything! :p

Lol, I had to laugh @Rob Fisher

The funny thing is that the boy is indeed getting into everything and turning everything upside down but hasn’t yet dropped any of my vapes. Strangely I have dropped my vapes a few times in the past few months so it’s me not the boy. And it’s strange because I think I’ve had a drop maybe once in 6 years. I think my mind is losing concentration the last few months.....

Lol, I had to laugh @Rob Fisher

The funny thing is that the boy is indeed getting into everything and turning everything upside down but hasn’t yet dropped any of my vapes. Strangely I have dropped my vapes a few times in the past few months so it’s me not the boy. And it’s strange because I think I’ve had a drop maybe once in 6 years. I think my mind is losing concentration the last few months.....
It’s all downhill from here :D
On the positive side, you get good experience exercising patience and it takes a while but priorities shift from what’s important now to what is more important (e.g. my son vomited in my car and also dinged it badly and it’s actually ok).
As my dad always says “A clean pig doesn’t grow”.

It’s all downhill from here :D
On the positive side, you get good experience exercising patience and it takes a while but priorities shift from what’s important now to what is more important (e.g. my son vomited in my car and also dinged it badly and it’s actually ok).
As my dad always says “A clean pig doesn’t grow”.

Thanks @Christos
My patience has had to increase several fold
I am learning ;-)

Don’t talk to me about vomit in the car. He vomited on his baby seat, thank heavens it wasnt the car seat itself. I scrubbed and cleaned for hours. Lol. But it’s fine now.

That is one of my great fears, having a car that you can’t get the smell out of
A friend of mines baby spilt a milkshake all over the back seat and he only discovered it a day or two later. He could not get the smell out of the car. I think it went into every possible crevice...
He sold the car :eek:

Thanks @Christos
My patience has had to increase several fold
I am learning ;-)

Don’t talk to me about vomit in the car. He vomited on his baby seat, thank heavens it wasnt the car seat itself. I scrubbed and cleaned for hours. Lol. But it’s fine now.

That is one of my great fears, having a car that you can’t get the smell out of
A friend of mines baby spilt a milkshake all over the back seat and he only discovered it a day or two later. He could not get the smell out of the car. I think it went into every possible crevice...
He sold the car :eek:
I had a similar experience with selling a car :D
Think I took the baby seat apart and washed it twice before it started smelling like something that doesn’t resemble vomit...
I once sat with a toothpick to pick out crusted vomit out of leather stitching in my former car.

Wow, there sure is a lot of beauties on this thread. How are you getting these? I’ve been on their FB group for a while and it’s just been we’re going to be doing a drop of 100 dlc skylines for the past 6 months. Doesn’t inspire much confidence on finding one.

Wow, there sure is a lot of beauties on this thread. How are you getting these? I’ve been on their FB group for a while and it’s just been we’re going to be doing a drop of 100 dlc skylines for the past 6 months. Doesn’t inspire much confidence on finding one.

There is a store in south africa who is a reseller and has stock.

Other than that some of us have joined the queues when they do drops on their website/ fb page and then imported into SA.

Last edited:

Honest opinion, the skyline is a beautiful RTA but for half the price and better flavour than the Skyline the Dvarw (MTL and DL) are better options.

Honest opinion, the skyline is a beautiful RTA but for half the price and better flavour than the Skyline the Dvarw (MTL and DL) are better options.
This is probably a very interesting topic, Skyline vs Dvarw. I always argued that the Skyline is better but after giving the Dvarw a second chance and manage to get used to fixing my coil in those stupid screws I have to say the Dvarw is much easier to carry around. The skyline juice control mechanism although very innovative is a hassle to close when refilling... Especially when traveling.

The upside down filling approach just gets on my nerves lol. But agree, dvarw is right up there next to the skyline

Back