Evic Supreme - Feedback From Those Of You That Have Used It

I carry mine with a russian on top in my pocket... got to say I have had a couple of nods from women... lol.

Seriously though, I don't even notice it anymore. You get used to it.

I carry mine with a russian on top in my pocket... got to say I have had a couple of nods from women... lol.

Seriously though, I don't even notice it anymore. You get used to it.
You should nod back at the ladies or even a smile. Ladies love smiles... :--P

aaaah, and so the penny drops
Now I understand where the giggles come from, cause I walk around with an evod in my pocket... :blush:

Size doesn't matter guys, it's how it blows off steam that matters :D

on that note.... my maraxus is telescopic ;)

I've got an eVic Supreme, feels like a really high quality device. It's not truely a 30W device (check out PBusurdo's video). My understanding of it, is that if you're using tanks (even including things like kayfuns, Taifuns and genesis') then it should be all good. but if you're dripping, then something with an SX or DNA chip would be better. (I think, other more experience forum members might know better)

There are a couple gripes with the eVic.
- The thing chews through battery (guessing an inefficient chip?)
- The finishing on the control wheel and the battery cap seems undone. (lots of really sharp edges)
- The button rattles
- You may run into micro-arcing if you run it at its limits (very localized hot spots, usually between the battery cap and tube)

The micro-arcing thing is easily solved. Either by using the tube upside down, or by nolax'ing the threads.

Thanks for the feedback @Andre @Al3x. They both good options.

I also prefer the tube mods as well. Although with the size of that eVic, it might look a bit odd walking around with it in your pocket ;)

Have you seen the Provari Mini?
By my calculations it would be a few hundred bucks
more than the eVic... But it's a Provari!

It's smaller and I'm sure it will pack a mighty punch.

Sadly I don't think it's available here. I checked VapeMob but it looks like they only do the original Provari.

I like cylindrical, so if I was looking for a beast, Provari Mini would be the one I reckon.

I'm sure the eVic is amazing though.

Sent via a NASA satellite which gathers my thoughts and relays them to the world

Provari, from all the reading I've done only goes up to 15W max. Added to that, it only works with 18500 batteries, stock. (you can buy a bigger battery cap that allows you to use 18650 batteries). Theres also the ugly tapered ring on it that will make any 22mm atomizers look out of place. Lastly theres the price.

For me at least, the eVic Supreme, was a bit smaller than I expected, but way, way heavier. It does feel remarkably solid though. It manages to feel, slim... Somehow... :p

TBH, knowing what I know now, I'd buy a cloupor DNA30 clone, spend my saved money on some juices, and call it a day. Thats not to say I have buyers remorse on the eVic, its just, not really going to support me as well, as a DNA30 would. When I start getting into rebuildables.

But I guess thats the curse of this hobby, you're constantly sabotaging your future decisions, with the ones you make right now :p

Another thing to keep in mind! As far as I can tell, the most that the eVic can pull from a battery is under 14 AMP's, so despite what Joyetech says about "performance degrading with other batteries" You could easily slap a 3100MAh purple eFest in there and score some extra vape time.

This isn't really the case, because with the Cloupur DNA30 clone, it can go down to 0.3 ohm, which wouldn't be as safe, as the specs on the Cloupor, aren't too clear.

It says...
4-8.3V
0.3-3.3 ohms
7-30W

However... 0.3 ohms @ 30w would only be 3v (below the published spec)
I dont know what would happen in that situation. But for arguments sake, lets say it ran the coil at 4v, that would mean it could be drawing 18 AMPs from the battery, that doesn't sound to safe to me. (this is based on it, being a kinda junky chinese copy thats not as efficient as a legit DNA 30 by evolv)

What I'm trying to say, is

eVic = You can chuck a bigger battery in, and get more vape time
Cloupor Hana Clone = Smaller, higher amperage battery (VTC4 or VTC5) better for dripping (right?)

Last edited:
on a side note :p, holy crap! I've been reading a lot, 99% of what I just said would have gone over my head just a couple weeks ago :)

I don't think I'd need more than 15w though. I think the MVP is only 12 and that's one of the most popular.

But ya, your summary makes sense :)

I do agree also that if it's pure performance you're after, the Cloupor is the ticket.

Sent via a NASA satellite which gathers my thoughts and relays them to the world

Another thing I've just remembered about the eVic, it has a hearbeat while its on... even in sleep mode. (PBusurdo shows this in his review). And that kills the battery, so you have to set it to auto shut down. Which means a lot of the time, you pick it up, press the fire button and expect some nice warm vapor..... Nothing happens, then you have to click the fire button 5 times, wait for it to start, then tell you the time and date.... Then check the resistance of the atomizer... Then! You can fire that sucker and take a hit.

Got mine from Vapemob yesterday, control dial stopped working around 11pm.
Tried everything, downgrade software then upgrade, reset, nothing fixed it.

Very disappointed as this is an awesome device.

;(

It's gimmicky and overcomplicated. And it demolishes battery. And the atty never sits flush. And the selection ring is weird to use. Sold mine after a few weeks.

Last I saw it was being sold on again...

Sent from the Dark Side of The Force

Still happy with mine. Battery lasts decently on mine and control ring works nicely on mine. Only gripe I have is that no atty sits flush (except for the nautilus)

It's not a bad device. Just not for me. My missus still has hers and is very happy with it.

Still happy with mine. Battery lasts decently on mine and control ring works nicely on mine. Only gripe I have is that no atty sits flush (except for the nautilus)

Same here.
VERY happy with my EvicS. The atty thing is a little bit annoying, but were in a somewhat unique situation that if they do ever make an adjustable 510 for it, we can replace it easy.
Not very many mods with an EASILY replaceable 510 like this...

Hana 30W. Atty sits flush. Easy to replace the 510. Easy to fix in general. Built like a tank but still very light. Good form factor for a box. Good battery life. Simple and does what it's supposed to do without all the gimmicks.

Hana 30W. Atty sits flush. Easy to replace the 510. Easy to fix in general. Built like a tank but still very light. Good form factor for a box. Good battery life. Simple and does what it's supposed to do without all the gimmicks.

But I like the gimmicks.

I chose the evic over the hana simply because of shape. I prefer cylindrical mods.

Same here.
VERY happy with my EvicS. The atty thing is a little bit annoying, but were in a somewhat unique situation that if they do ever make an adjustable 510 for it, we can replace it easy.
Not very many mods with an EASILY replaceable 510 like this...
I usually just adjust the beauty ring upwards. I can always take a bit off the atty to make it fit flush, but meh... got used to the look of the beuty ring turned out a bit.

Like so....

f5fd7f0f3e3316b3a168eb6d2273cb39.jpg

This is the furthest I need to unscrew. The other attys sit lower.

There's something about the wording of "beauty ring" that just doesn't sit well with me.

There's something about the wording of "beauty ring" that just doesn't sit well with me.

Agree 100%...

But what should I call it? Top mod bottom atty adjuster circle thingy? Lmao

Back