ECIGSSA Admin
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
FINES MASTER
LV

Awards
Hi All,

I don't find much on the forums about the JoyeTech eVic? It looks like a really great Mod that takes an 18650 battery and seems to have great features including downloading data to the PC which is a neat idea.

Anyone have one and care to share their thoughts on it?

It seems to have limits on top end power but I never go that high anyway.

Havent personally owned an eVic but I have heard of a few people who had to send the device back due to the settings wheel being faulty. Apparently the device is quite finicky but again this is third party info.

Rob the build quality isnt great, one fall and its done. thats what happened to mine.

evic is nice a little gimmicky if you like that sort of thing ,
you can adjust the voltage / wattage for each second of your drag , eg start of with say 7w, 1.5seconds later push it up to say 9w then 3 seconds later back down to 8w

that said its very fragile when i owned one i let it fall and had to replace the control head which cost almost as much as the entire kit, comes with puff counter battery meter etc

that said its very fragile when i owned one i let it fall and had to replace the control head which cost almost as much as the entire kit, comes with puff counter battery meter etc

Another answer that answers the question... thanks a million! No eVic for me then! I do drop them!

oh connect it to the pc and you can see how much puffs you did a day and will show you nice stats in a graph

oh connect it to the pc and you can see how much puffs you did a day and will show you nice stats in a graph

That's one of the things that really appealed to me... but the fragile state of the device makes it a no-no for me.

I've got one.
Build quality is not that bad. (Although, I do agree with the other posts. It is not compatible with your pavement or floor) And it works as advertized. However, I do find it a bit geeky.
I can't see why I would want to download graphs of my vaping habits to my pc. Graphs it shows is average puffs per hour, and wattage settings by time of day and things like that.

I did it once when I bought the device, but other than that, never used it again.
Then there is the delay between the fire button pressed and when it actually starts to fire. You get used to this delay, but can be quite frustrating in the beginning.
The other thing I dislike. When you lock the device, and unlock, you can't immediately begin to vape. You have to wait for the OS to start up again. ie detecting the atomizer resistance and things like that. This can take 3 - 4 seconds.

Tell you what. If you feel you would like a device like this...
Buy me a bottle of QueenSide from Vapeking, and one of Oupa's Legend juices(when he launches it), and the evic is yours

thats a super deal Crafty :p

Then there is the delay between the fire button pressed and when it actually starts to fire. You get used to this delay, but can be quite frustrating in the beginning.
The other thing I dislike. When you lock the device, and unlock, you can't immediately begin to vape. You have to wait for the OS to start up again. ie detecting the atomizer resistance and things like that. This can take 3 - 4 seconds.

Thanks @CraftyZA that's just the kind of thing that will drive me to drink! o_O

But I may just take you up on your offer just to play with it! I'll give it some thought!

I did play with an eVic for some time (second hand broken one which I fixed), placed a couple of rubber o-rings around it for protection against the occasional drops.

I couldnt help myself this month; so I bought the secondhand SVD from Gizmo and I got the eVic from eciggies.

I have been using the SVD for work and the eVic for home for about a week and a half now.

I do agree with what has been said:

Build quality is not that bad, its not an SVD but then again it weighs a fraction of one. IMO that is what Joyetech where aiming at. (Seen as its seen as a geeky type ecig, maybe they suspected that the users are more in tuned to indoor environments and dont really see much concrete or pavement except maybe on screen savers)

In terms of power, I am included in the group that uses most of the kangertech range as well as the standard 2 ohmish coisl and for that purpose the extra 5w/1v doesnt really bother me...

I do find the vape to be a bit smoother on the eVic than the SVD but taste is a bit more intense on the latter IMO.

What does grind my gears though is the OS delay from coming out of sleep mode... It doesnt affect the performance but it is sure irratating when you jones'ing for a vape.

ALTHOUGH, where the eVic does shine is on size! I bought myself a 18350 tube for it which makes it super small and compact when using any protank on it! Besides the small tube, even with the 18650 tube on and a aero tank it is still the same size or dare I say smaller (will confirm with photo later tonight) than the SVD with 18350 battery in and a protank 1 on top! For me this is pretty neat and adds to the Ninja stealth vape and saves the stitching on my pants pocket.

With this all being said, I will only take the eVic out with me if I know Im not drinking or going mad/being rough as it will see its backside with me and my clumsyness but all in all so far I have enjoyed my eVic experience!

Super writeup @Mklops!

Actually, super feedback from everyone in this thread. Where can you get such informed feedback in such a short time? The good and the bad. Well done guys. You make this forum superb!

I don't have an eVic - did consider it a few times from eCiggies a while back - but now I won't go for it. Maybe eVic 2.0 will be better ;-)

@Silver pm me if you interested in playing with eVic 2 (before you buy a new one, first play with one), I'm finished playing with mine.

With this all being said, I will only take the eVic out with me if I know Im not drinking or going mad/being rough as it will see its backside with me and my clumsyness but all in all so far I have enjoyed my eVic experience!

Thanks @Mklops that was a great review... I just love this site! Saves me money and makes me spend money, but at least I end up with the right thing!

Hey guys! As promised here are the pics!

Although I will say embarrassingly that I got the tanks mentioned switched around but in defence the aero tank is quite a long tank but the difference can still be seen!uploadfromtaptalk1393960375025.jpg

In this second pic you can see the difference in size when comparing both with an 18350uploadfromtaptalk1393960440446.jpg

Sent via harnessing the power of the moon's gravitational pull

The aerotank is such nice looking atty

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

The aerotank is such nice looking atty

Agreed, I love the look and build of the aerotank. Nice and slim. Takes 2.5 ml. And it vapes great.

It is, and amazingly it and the svd look made for each other, the machining on both even look almost identical

And since I got it I haven't really wanted to use anything else

Am I missing something here, the one tank is a Protank 1 and the other the Aqua right? Or am I just being totally dof here.. :confused:

One on the svd is a aero tank and the over pt1

Here it is on the eVic
a7umy5eh.jpg

Better on the SVD.

Better on the SVD.

Agreed but it does make a good night time puff on the eVic and is a workhorse during the day on the svd

Back