Evod (bottom Coils)

Give it a bash Tom, let us know what happens.

Give it a bash Tom, let us know what happens.
done....took 3 attempts tho. first one using 28g i damaged the rubber where the wire ends go thru. second one using 32g it came out at 2.2ohms...third one with 30g it came out at 1.3 ohms ( a little bit low), this one i tried then on the standard Evod battery.
what can I say? it vapes quite well! now I will check if the liquid flow stays constant, then i have again use for it, for travelling, in my hand luggage. or in the car. or at work when a larger unit is inconvenient. :)

Hey guys,

So have not tried my hand at rebuilding yet, waiting for the vapemeet in the cape then going to give it a try.

But for now I have another question, with the evod coils, I am finding that I am not getting the intensity of flavour that I am looking for.

Without going the RDA/RBA route, I was wondering if removing one or both of the "flavour wicks" would do the trick?

Are there any pro's and con's to doing this?

Should I remove none, one or both?

Thanks,
B

Hey guys,

So have not tried my hand at rebuilding yet, waiting for the vapemeet in the cape then going to give it a try.

But for now I have another question, with the evod coils, I am finding that I am not getting the intensity of flavour that I am looking for.

Without going the RDA/RBA route, I was wondering if removing one or both of the "flavour wicks" would do the trick?

Are there any pro's and con's to doing this?

Should I remove none, one or both?

Thanks,
B

Try a few strands at a time the only thing removing those will help is if you getting dry hits. They do help stop leaking so balance is what you looking for. I rebuild mine with flavour wicks. It also helps keeping hot popping juice off your tongue. By the sound of things you looking for a low resistance coil to give you a nice whack.

Sent from my GT-I9190 using Tapatalk

Try a few strands at a time the only thing removing those will help is if you getting dry hits. They do help stop leaking so balance is what you looking for. I rebuild mine with flavour wicks. It also helps keeping hot popping juice off your tongue. By the sound of things you looking for a low resistance coil to give you a nice whack.

Yeah pretty much, and I know that the best way to get that is going the RBA route but I am not a hands on kinda person so gonna take me some time and guidance in getting a coil out so for now looking to see how I can mod the evod coil to give me what I am looking for (or at least close to it)

Will try removing a few strands at first and see how far I get..

You could try that. I personally haven't tried it yet but it's next on my coil to try list.

@BhavZ what the resistance of the coil you are currently using?

I am currently running a 1.8ohm

I have tried the 2.2ohm and the cooler vape is nicer with certain juices as the throat hit is not that intense but with majority of my juices it really kills the flavour. (so went back to 1.8ohm but now looking for a lot more flavour)

You could try that. I personally haven't tried it yet but it's next on my coil to try list.

That Diamond coil looks awesome.. wouldnt mind giving something like that a try

Evods only get you that far its more of a carry around clearo you can get it halfway decent but not close to a halfway decent RBA or Dripper.

I
Evods only get you that far its more of a carry around clearo you can get it halfway decent but not close to a halfway decent RBA or Dripper.
I couldn't agree more

Not for me that one, doing a normal micro is hard enough that thing would frustrate the hell out of me.

Does give nice flavour but not as great as I was hoping. 1.4ohm 28g kanthal.

20140209_100323.jpg

agreeing with @Gazzacpt and @Riaz : the way to go would be a dripper. these are cheap, and a good starting point. obviously in combination with a VV/VW device. That changed everything for me when I went from Evod to this setup. Flavor +100% and plumes +100%

I agree, going to need to up my kit and start building my own coils and dripping.. I am on the hunt for flavour and plumes

Back