Five Pawns - Juice Reviews

Five Pawns – Black Flag Risen - Original
International - USA

Purchased from: The Vapery
Price: R500 / 60ml

Flavour Description:

The following was copied from The Vapery’s website:

The Vapery.PNG

I’ve also copied the following from Giant Vapes’ website, as it gives further information.

Giant Vapes.PNG

VG/PG: 50/50
Nic: 6mg
Mod: iJust 3
Coil: Commercial - Kanthal Net and Multihole HW-M 0.15 ohm
Watt: 80W

My comments:
Lighter? Creamier? Oh. My. Vape. I have never tasted such a strong coffee! Inhale … what the … has hit me?? It reminds me of the time when I shot with a 9mm Parabellum. The kick sent me backwards, where someone (who knew what was going to happen) was waiting to catch me. This time there was no-one to catch me.

Let it rest on the tongue … strong, very strong, exceptionally strong, unusual flavour. I think my tongue must have been deadened by the assault to my senses, as I didn’t taste any light truffle cream or mocha. Black walnuts? I don’t know, as I’ve never had them. All that I could taste was this unbelievably strong coffee.

Exhale … my nose literally started tingling!

I took a few more inhales, - then brushed my teeth to try to get the flavour out of my mouth. I tried again later in the day, and screwed up my face as it hit me!

Someone who likes very, very, very strong coffee, would appreciate Black Flag Risen, but I'm afraid that someone isn’t me.

Would I buy this juice again: This was an experience like no other - and I have no inclination to repeat it.

@Silver @Andre

EDIT 8 June: @Silver @Andre
I tried it again, but this time in the Pico 25 with a 0.22ohm commercial coil.
The coffee flavour wasn't as strong as it was in the iJust 3; it was, what I would call, tolerable. Did I like it? Not particularly, but at the same time this juice has a uniquely fascinating flavour.

Would I buy it again? No. It's all yours @Andre! PM incoming.

Last edited:
International - USA

Flavour Description:

View attachment 134382

I’ve also copied the following from Giant Vapes’ website, as it gives further information.

View attachment 134383

My comments:
Lighter? Creamier? Oh. My. Vape. I have never tasted such a strong coffee! Inhale … what the … has hit me?? It reminds me of the time when I shot with a 9mm Parabellum. The kick sent me backwards, where someone (who knew what was going to happen) was waiting to catch me. This time there was no-one to catch me.

Let it rest on the tongue … strong, very strong, exceptionally strong, unusual flavour. I think my tongue must have been deadened by the assault to my senses, as I didn’t taste any light truffle cream or mocha. Black walnuts? I don’t know, as I’ve never had them. All that I could taste was this unbelievably strong coffee.

I took a few more inhales, - then brushed my teeth to try to get the flavour out of my mouth. I tried again later in the day, and screwed up my face as it hit me!

Someone who likes very, very, very strong coffee, would appreciate Black Flag Risen, but I'm afraid that someone isn’t me.

Would I buy this juice again: This was an experience like no other - and I have no inclination to repeat it.

@Silver @Andre
Lol, one has to get used to the truffle taste. Love the discontinued Black Flag Fallen and, from your description, will like this one too.

Lol, one has to get used to the truffle taste. Love the discontinued Black Flag Fallen and, from your description, will like this one too.

I'll try it again, but in the Pico. Maybe it won't be as strong then! I'll add to the above review when I have. If I don't, it's all yours, @Andre!

I'll try it again, but in the Pico. Maybe it won't be as strong then! I'll add to the above review when I have. If I don't, it's all yours, @Andre!
Did you try it in the iJust 3? If so, definitely try it in the Pico, with a MTL setup. It's going to kick you with the iJust's mesh coils :p
PS: I picked up an iJust 3 yesterday and it's surprisingly good on flavour for such open airflow

Did you try it in the iJust 3? If so, definitely try it in the Pico, with a MTL setup. It's going to kick you with the iJust's mesh coils :p
PS: I picked up an iJust 3 yesterday and it's surprisingly good on flavour for such open airflow

Yes, I tried it in the iJust 3. The flavour is good on the iJust 3, isn't it? I absolutely love it! I've got two and I've bought a third one from Carnival.

Yes, I tried it in the iJust 3. The flavour is good on the iJust 3, isn't it? I absolutely love it! I've got two and I've bought a third one from Carnival.
Very good, yes. I only have about a third of the airflow open, though. It's an airy tank.

International - USA

Flavour Description:

View attachment 134382

View attachment 134383

My comments:

@Silver @Andre

Love your reviews @Hooked - concise and to the point! You tell it like you experience it.
Lol on your description of this one.
Lol, you brushed your teeth to get the flavour out of your mouth. Hehe

International - USA

Flavour Description:

View attachment 134382

View attachment 134383

My comments:

@Silver @Andre

EDIT 8 June: @Silver @Andre
I tried it again, but this time in the Pico 25 with a 0.22ohm commercial coil.
The coffee flavour wasn't as strong as it was in the iJust 3; it was, what I would call, tolerable. Did I like it? Not particularly, but at the same time this juice has a uniquely fascinating flavour.

Would I buy it again? No. It's all yours @Andre! PM incoming.
Unique, fascinating - no doubt about that!

Been vaping Black Flag Risen (Original) for the past 20 minutes in my Reo Mini at around 18W.

My initial impressions @Hooked:
Not nearly as sweet as the discontinued Black Flag Fallen, which is an espresso desert juice with strong truffle notes.
I get the cappuccino. For me not a strong coffee at all. It is cappuccino after all, which hardly classifies as a coffee in my book. I experience the cappuccino as a sort of carrier oil - always there, but unobtrusive. Then the musty/mushroomy of the truffle, but light - not nearly as pronounced as in Fallen. Enter the star of the show - the black walnut - grassy and bitter, which lingers on the tongue and coats the mouth - a very unique taste, which is not everyone's cup to tea. The dusting of mocha (chocolate/cocoa is what I get) barely softens the black walnut sensation.

This juice fits my taste buds to a tee. Loving it. Thank you again for passing it on @Hooked. Now I am obligated to try the tobacco enriched version as well.

Unique, fascinating - no doubt about that!

Been vaping Black Flag Risen (Original) for the past 20 minutes in my Reo Mini at around 18W.

My initial impressions @Hooked:
Not nearly as sweet as the discontinued Black Flag Fallen, which is an espresso desert juice with strong truffle notes.
I get the cappuccino. For me not a strong coffee at all. It is cappuccino after all, which hardly classifies as a coffee in my book. I experience the cappuccino as a sort of carrier oil - always there, but unobtrusive. Then the musty/mushroomy of the truffle, but light - not nearly as pronounced as in Fallen. Enter the star of the show - the black walnut - grassy and bitter, which lingers on the tongue and coats the mouth - a very unique taste, which is not everyone's cup to tea. The dusting of mocha (chocolate/cocoa is what I get) barely softens the black walnut sensation.

This juice fits my taste buds to a tee. Loving it. Thank you again for passing it on @Hooked. Now I am obligated to try the tobacco enriched version as well.

Great review @Andre! I'm so glad that it's gone to someone who appreciates it :)

Back