Game Changer homogenizer

I saw this a few weeks ago... I need this in my life :inlove:

Maybe we can do a bulk order and ship it all to SA together?

Had a chat to someone in the week about this. If a group buy is onnthe cards i will be in on it

Absolutely, a group buy would be awesome! Quite a waiting list already, probably at 6 weeks now!

I want one! Nay, I need one! But at $150ea, this will have to wait a while still ;(

From that review: "I mean this really will turn what you think you know into something that you thought you knew, but when you thought you knew that thing you know, what you actually knew was something that I knew too, but now I know that what you knew was something that everyone else thought they knew, until one bloke knew different, and now I know what he knows, and what he knows has changed what I thought I knew into something I used to know…."

Uhm... :talking::confused:o_O

One should actually buy one, then rent it out. Of course you need to take insurance out on it and all, but still... hmmmm.... Where's that wait list thingy?

One should actually buy one, then rent it out. Of course you need to take insurance out on it and all, but still... hmmmm.... Where's that wait list thingy?
If you go to the link in my original post and scroll down there is a link to the list to add your name, it's on a UK forum.

I have been bitten too often by hype to jump in and get one.

If it truly does what it says on the box it may be worth considering (for me).

I don't have much of a problem with steeping. I always mix 100ml of each recipe at a time. Every mixing session I mix about 8X100ml. I try to mix when I have enough of my existing supply to tide me over until the new batch has steeped. If I get things a bit out of sync I start with the fruits in the newest batch.

I am by no means an organised person, in fact I am far from it, but this system works for me.

So for all that is interested in this. I sent him a message in a group buy maybe and leading time.
This was his reply to me.
Will keep you guys updated if something is on the card.

"I will be in touch soon. My attorney has cautioned me about international shipping to some countries. I have not inquired about SA but will soon. Thank you for your interest and some solutions are likely available if b necessary. I’m currently waiting on his call for another matter. Have a great day.

Dan OVadka"

Seriously my vaping companions? Shake the bottle, its free. This is the biggest load of BS on a topic that has been exhausted multiple times. Steeping needs time to allow the chemical processes to take place, that is the formula. If there was another way to achieve the same result, the beverage industry would have been using it to make 12 year old scotch in a day for a long time.

But I know you will not listen, nor will I hold back on the "told you so's" in the not to distant future.

Regards

Just a thought here ... In essence, a homogenizer is simply a blender with a mesh to control the particulate size, thereby emulsifying any solution exposed to it. As the requirement with DIY seems to be more one of mixing than of controlling the size of particulates, I would think that a blender would achieve what you seek at a small fraction of the price? ... Your thoughts?

With some modifications this may have potential. For example, a perforated outlet tube that is directed in a "U" shape downwards. Just a more economical idea available in South Africa but one may need slightly larger batch sizes and obviously a beaker just bigger than the pump for small batches. High PG/VG ratios may also be a problem.
https://reliablestore.co.za/product...31&sfdr_hash=6f23dab54a3a9bc8d9e32cec54d01ce6

Off the top of my head these are some of the imaginative methods suggested so far to eliminate, or drastically reduce steeping time.

Warm bath ("solution"during the early days)
Electromagnetic stirrer
Milk frother
Electric blender
streathing
"degassing" in ultrasonic bath
Placing in a sock in a clothes dryer for 15 minutes.

Maybe you know of more ?

Off the top of my head these are some of the imaginative methods suggested so far to eliminate, or drastically reduce steeping time.

Warm bath ("solution"during the early days)
Electromagnetic stirrer
Milk frother
Electric blender
streathing
"degassing" in ultrasonic bath
Placing in a sock in a clothes dryer for 15 minutes.

Maybe you know of more ?
Also a plate attached to a windscreen wiper motor on the low speed setting, possibly with a variable resistor. You can mount your bottles on may be another idea. Just have to mount bottles securely so they cannot chafe. I have one for turning fishing rods while varnishing and until varnish sets.

@Stew my point is that these methods either do not work at all or reduce steeping time to such a small extent that they are not worth doing.

Until such time that a proven (simple) speedy method is found, if ever, I will continue to use the best method.

Amber bottle, time, dark cupboard.

@Stew my point is that these methods either do not work at all or reduce steeping time to such a small extent that they are not worth doing.

Until such time that a proven (simple) speedy method is found, if ever, I will continue to use the best method.

Amber bottle, time, dark cupboard.
As I understand steeping, it is a chemical reaction, and on that basis, mixing will help to a degree, however other than finding some catalyst to speed up the reaction, you would be better off being patient ;)

Seriously my vaping companions? Shake the bottle, its free. This is the biggest load of BS on a topic that has been exhausted multiple times. Steeping needs time to allow the chemical processes to take place, that is the formula. If there was another way to achieve the same result, the beverage industry would have been using it to make 12 year old scotch in a day for a long time.

But I know you will not listen, nor will I hold back on the "told you so's" in the not to distant future.

Regards

HEHE the video review sounds like a Verimark add, for only a 5th of the price. And check the disclaimer for not being scientific on the video.
And a Dremel is not a cheap tool. But I see in the US you would be able to buy about 3 Dremels for the same price as just this attachment

I guess we're all addicts in a manner of speaking, and as addicts love rituals ... WTF ... do it! ... add another step into the process and convince yourself it's the holy grail ... it may also placate your desire to own another power tool of sorts and become your super power :-D

Back