Game Changer homogenizer

The homogenizer is a little more complex than a kitchen blender, pics attached. Fits on the end of a dremel. IMG_20210120_130636.jpg IMG_20210120_130704.jpg IMG_20210120_130708.jpg

The homogenizer is a little more complex than a kitchen blender, pics attached. Fits on the end of a dremel. View attachment 219997 View attachment 219998 View attachment 219999

I though you used a kitchen blender as I did?
If you used what is in your pic above, I would hardly call that a Homogeniser, rather a blender / aerator of sorts, as the clearances and holes sizes preclude it
This is pretty much the defacto Homogeniser:
https://www.silverson.com/us/products/laboratory-mixers

Last edited:
That's interesting ...
What you used is certainly not a homogeniser, it's a beater / mixer of a sort, and based on the tests conducted in this thread ... It aerated your ejuice way more than than my kitchen blender did, (scroll back to the test I did, which was 50% VG, 50% PG, and some VG based food die), meaning I would still recommend a kitchen blender over the device you used.

How much are you guys willing to pay to have it made?

It seems it retails for $150.

A proper homogenizer, with the correct clearances along with it's own dedicated integrated motor could be manufactured for a lot less in SA ... but why bother, as what is required is mixing NOT homogenisation ... and it seems a "kitchen blender" does that more effectively than the $150 unit, (certainly with substantially less aeration). Scroll back to see the food colouring, 50/50 PG-VG mix test.

It seems it retails for $150.

A proper homogenizer, with the correct clearances along with it's own dedicated integrated motor could be manufactured for a lot less in SA ... but why bother, as what is required is mixing NOT homogenisation ... and it seems a "kitchen blender" does that more effectively than the $150 unit, (certainly with substantially less aeration). Scroll back to see the food colouring, 50/50 PG-VG mix test.

I don't want to sound funny ,bit I've mixed this way before. When I started vaping I tried and did lots of experimenting.
I was thinking of making a smaller version of the wand type mixer. And I'm long overdue to do it.

I don't want to sound funny ,bit I've mixed this way before. When I started vaping I tried and did lots of experimenting.
I was thinking of making a smaller version of the wand type mixer. And I'm long overdue to do it.

I'm not convinced that it's worth the time and effort Resistance, certainly not after seeing the positive results of a run of the mill kitchen blender ;)

I'm not convinced that it's worth the time and effort Resistance, certainly not after seeing the positive results of a run of the mill kitchen blender ;)
You know. It's not really that. I set out to do it. I always think about it when I DIY. And now someone else has done it and all I did was collect parts that gets lost because I didnt start. So I'm still going to do it even if it fails. Then I'll decide if I will try and improve it or just leave it.
Then I'd be happy.

You know. It's not really that. I set out to do it. I always think about it when I DIY. And now someone else has done it and all I did was collect parts that gets lost because I didnt start. So I'm still going to do it even if it fails. Then I'll decide if I will try and improve it or just leave it.
Then I'd be happy.

I get that ... and I too enjoy a good engineering challenge, however to go ahead and design a true homogeniser, when the requirement is a simple mixer seems a little silly, particularly so in that most people already have a stick blender in their kitchens ... but hey ... the chicken crossed the road because it could, so if the urge persists, go for it ;)

I get that ... and I too enjoy a good engineering challenge, however to go ahead and design a true homogeniser, when the requirement is a simple mixer seems a little silly, particularly so in that most people already have a stick blender in their kitchens ... but hey ... the chicken crossed the road because it could, so if the urge persists, go for it ;)
The chicken crossed the road to actualise it’s potential but that depends on the frame of reference as the chicken could have crossed the road or the road crossed the chicken depending on the frame of reference.

The chicken crossed the road to actualise it’s potential but that depends on the frame of reference as the chicken could have crossed the road or the road crossed the chicken depending on the frame of reference.

The Chicken may have gotten cross with the road for interrupting it's journey too :giggle:

The chicken crossed the road because it was in the farmers hands when he walked across to the butcher shop.

Witbank is weird man, it's like all the weirdos get kicked out of towns and cities and end up here, humbling pigs and carrying chickens. Wait to you hear about the sheep fiasco!

meaning I would still recommend a kitchen blender over the device you used

I would not.

The blades on blenders are very limited when it comes to the size they can break down particles. It takes a lot of energy to cut food into tiny pieces. As the pieces become smaller, it takes vastly more kinetic energy to break them smaller still. At some point, the blade of a blender simply cannot hit the food hard enough.

Homogenizers produce largely greater shear forces by the fact that its a blade inside a cage that forces liquid through holes (kind of like putting your fist in the palm of your other hand and grinding. This action can not only break up larger particles at a quicker rate but also force smaller particle sizes.

Because i primarily mix fruits which steep alot quicker i did use a kitchen blender as part of my DIY career but then switched to a hotplate stirrer which i found to be more effective as you could mix up the mixture without agitating the nicotine (at the appropriate temperature) and it could run on its own for a few hours and end off cutting a week of steeping.

If i was into desserts then homogenizing would be the only method i would use as it is by far the most effective way in cutting steeping time.
And stop bringing up aeration as it is only a issue when you have nicotine in your mixture which is not the case while homogenizing. Nicotine is added after after the homogenizing process and when the mixture was left for the aeration to settle.

I would not.

The blades on blenders are very limited when it comes to the size they can break down particles. It takes a lot of energy to cut food into tiny pieces. As the pieces become smaller, it takes vastly more kinetic energy to break them smaller still. At some point, the blade of a blender simply cannot hit the food hard enough.

Homogenizers produce largely greater shear forces by the fact that its a blade inside a cage that forces liquid through holes (kind of like putting your fist in the palm of your other hand and grinding. This action can not only break up larger particles at a quicker rate but also force smaller particle sizes.

Because i primarily mix fruits which steep alot quicker i did use a kitchen blender as part of my DIY career but then switched to a hotplate stirrer which i found to be more effective as you could mix up the mixture without agitating the nicotine (at the appropriate temperature) and it could run on its own for a few hours and end off cutting a week of steeping.

If i was into desserts then homogenizing would be the only method i would use as it is by far the most effective way in cutting steeping time.
And stop bringing up aeration as it is only a issue when you have nicotine in your mixture which is not the case while homogenizing. Nicotine is added after after the homogenizing process and when the mixture was left for the aeration to settle.

Hi Kzor,
We're going to have to agree to disagree here I'm afraid, as whilst I agree that a true homogenizer would certainly get the job done very efficiently, and certainly better than a kitchen blender; Your device is NOT a homogenizer! The shearing action of a homogenizer happens via exceptionally tight clearances between the rotor and outer cage, (fractions of a micron in fact), along with meshes of varying sizes to guarantee particular particle sizes, and your device lacks this, with it's huge clearances and huge holes drilled into the outer tube that would be measured in mm, not microns, and lack square, (to the rotor), faces to conduct the shear action you claim, (refer pic below).
Certainly after having the opportunity to examine and for that matter watch a Silversun homogenizer in action vs. your one in your video vs my kitchen blender ... I would rate the Silversun an obvious clear winner, (they are after all the defacto homogenizer standard in industry), and between the other two ... I would place my kitchen blender above your device even if just on the aeration differences! ... clearly simple mixing would be better in a kitchen blender vs your device, and neither the kitchen blender nor your device can claim homogenization (aka molecular shearing), so they both fail the last point.

homogeniser.jpg

Back