Game Changer homogenizer

I bought a homogenizer from a guy in SA, I haven't used it a lot yet but works very well. Here is @KZOR talking about it:

If you'd like his number PM me or send me a whatsapp on Zero seven two 222 double six 24

Also a plate attached to a windscreen wiper motor on the low speed setting, possibly with a variable resistor. You can mount your bottles on may be another idea. Just have to mount bottles securely so they cannot chafe. I have one for turning fishing rods while varnishing and until varnish sets.
Low budget vortex mixer . That's how I do it nowadays.not with your method I have a lower budget trick.;)

I bought a homogenizer from a guy in SA, I haven't used it a lot yet but works very well. Here is @KZOR talking about it:

If you'd like his number PM me or send me a whatsapp on Zero seven two 222 double six 24

Low budget vortex mixer . That's how I do it nowadays.not with your method I have a lower budget trick.;)
Which vortex mixer are you using links?

Some smart dude on this forum said (once or twice): "Pictures or it didn't happen".
Once apon a time. In a town far, far away a Mexican outlaw and his crew was in a bar. As usual taking over the place.
The a cowboy came in, went straight to the bar and sat down. Ordered a whiskey and drank it.
The Boss walked up to him and asked where his from. He replied from over the river(border to America)
And wantin' to show his power the Boss wanted to make a statement. He bought two whiskey's. Asked the bar man, hey barman. How much is a-one + a-one. He answered I don't know senior.
Boss said goooood.(in a husky old voice)
Next he asked one of his crew. Hey Manolito, how much is a-one + a-one.
Manolito answers, a-one senior. The Boss answered gooood(same husky old voice)
Then he asked Pedro. Hey Pedro how much is a-one + a-one? Pedro answered a-one + a-one is a-two senior. The boss shot him in the chest. He shouts ,but senioooor as he drops down. The cowboy ask him ,but why would you shoot Pedro. The Boss replied... He knew too much!

Some smart dude on this forum said (once or twice): "Pictures or it didn't happen".
I have a few at current.latest one is a very rough,but working prototype. It looks like crap still.IMG-20210110-WA0032.jpeg

Last edited:
I have a few at current.latest one is a very tough,but working prototype. It looks like crap still.View attachment 218990

Most of my prototypes have been much the same held together with "bloudraad and duct tape" ... nothing wrong in doing a proof of concept before investing copious amounts of time and money in something that may not even work ;)

What I would like to see, before I spend R2.5K on a homogeniser and another R1K on a Dremel (which to be honest I will only use for this) is someone who mixes a specific recipe, preferably a cream/dessert type which needs two weeks steep, then let it stand for the necessary two weeks. Then once the two weeks is over mix the exact same flavour again then test the freshly mixed flavour and comment. Then use the homogeniser on the freshly mixed juice, test it again and comment. And then test the 2 weeks steeped juice and comment. A proper comparison. @KZOR's video is awesome, but he only tested the new juice after it was put through its paces and he also did not comment on whether the juice was tasting as it should if it had been standing for two weeks or such.

I've known about homogenisers and how they are supposed to be the best thing to speed up juice steeping for many years now but back in the day buying one would have cost around R50K so it was not a feasible option. Now that one is available I would really like to get one, but the lingering question still is, "is this hype or is this real". The concept behind homogenisers speak to the fact that it should be real, but R3.5K is a lot of money and the fact that I do not own a Hexohm speaks to the fact that I do not always buy into hype (*cough* Argus GT *cough* but in my defense, it is pretty).

What I would like to see, before I spend R2.5K on a homogeniser and another R1K on a Dremel (which to be honest I will only use for this) is someone who mixes a specific recipe, preferably a cream/dessert type which needs two weeks steep, then let it stand for the necessary two weeks. Then once the two weeks is over mix the exact same flavour again then test the freshly mixed flavour and comment. Then use the homogeniser on the freshly mixed juice, test it again and comment. And then test the 2 weeks steeped juice and comment. A proper comparison. @KZOR's video is awesome, but he only tested the new juice after it was put through its paces and he also did not comment on whether the juice was tasting as it should if it had been standing for two weeks or such.

I've known about homogenisers and how they are supposed to be the best thing to speed up juice steeping for many years now but back in the day buying one would have cost around R50K so it was not a feasible option. Now that one is available I would really like to get one, but the lingering question still is, "is this hype or is this real". The concept behind homogenisers speak to the fact that it should be real, but R3.5K is a lot of money and the fact that I do not own a Hexohm speaks to the fact that I do not always buy into hype (*cough* Argus GT *cough* but in my defense, it is pretty).
Personally, my level of DIY is so sub-par, I would probably never buy one, but I agree with your thinking that I would first look for a totally unbiased review of it from someone that mixes (well) on a regular basis. And I also agree that the Argus is damn sexy AF..
IMG_20210113_092635.jpg

Has anyone here bothered to try out their kitchen blender as is? ... I can't see why it wouldn't work effectively ...
A simple back to back test with half a batch "blended", and the other half the same way they've always done it.

Has anyone here bothered to try out their kitchen blender as is? ... I can't see why it wouldn't work effectively ...
A simple back to back test with half a batch "blended", and the other half the same way they've always done it.
I think that would introduce too much air and the mix would oxidize faster losing taste/nic strength

I think that would introduce too much air and the mix would oxidize faster losing taste/nic strength

Exactly this.

Homogenisers work on the principle, as mentioned by KZOR, that it reduces the particles of the ingredients in the juice to the same size, which then allows for a proper mixing/combining to happen (I cannot comment on the exact science behind it but this is approximately the idea). I would however not suggest if one has one of those to put it as high as he did and thus create the multitude of bubbles but rather keep it on a low speed and just run it a bit longer.

I'm not arguing the introduction of air, I'm wondering if anyone has thrown caution to the wind and tested a smallish batch as a back to back test.

On the subject of air introduction ... If you observe commercial homogenisers in action, you'll note that they too introduce some air ... Even the one Kzor tested introduced sh# loads of air, (the fluid even went milky, which is a classic indicator), however this would settle out within a few hours,

Last edited:
Results only after about three days on heavy deserts and much better after 5. But who wants to mix a 100ml in a blender all the thime

I'm not arguing the introduction of air, I'm wondering if anyone has thrown caution to the wind and tested a smallish batch as a back to back test.

On the subject of air introduction ... If you observe commercial homogenisers in action, you'll note that they too introduce some air ... Even the one Kzor tested introduced sh# loads of air, (the fluid even went milky, which is a classic indicator), however this would settle out within a few hours,
Even in a closed chamber the space between the molecules gets altered as the molecules gets altered (please don't get too technical, its not the proper terms used, it's to get the explanation out) so unless it's mixed in a vacuum chamber under pressure there will be bubbles. Unless it's very low speed and only used to mix

Results only after about three days on heavy deserts and much better after 5. But who wants to mix a 100ml in a blender all the thime
I do!!!!! :)
If I can blend, blender and vape as apposed waiting a few weeks, then you have my attention
Dammit ... if you're shaving two / three weeks off steeping time, then you're probably oxidising the nic LESS than the lengthy steep process would ... #just saying

We can either debate this ad infinitum and fall into the trap of analysis paralysis, or ... {drum roll| ...

One of the DIY experts on this forum "takes one for the team", and physically tests a couple of small batches in a back to back test ;)

I'll do this, I have one. Have a couple of dessert juices made last year so just need to whip up a new batch and test. One doesn't add the nicotine until after homogenizing so any bubbles introduced are not really an issue. You also heat the VG up slightly so adding nic in the beginning isn't a good idea.

Back