• Kayfun Lite Plus V2 Clone by SXK/Infinte

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Stingray X Clone by SXK/Infinite

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Omega RDA Clone by Fast Tech

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Righto! its that time of the week again :p Here's my HOBO V2 clone review.

I'm still learning my way around with audio, thats why it sucks so bad at the moment. But the camera work should be a little bit improved.

I've ordered myself a better camera, and a proper studio quality mic setup. All things being equal the new gear should be here before the end of the year :)

I also setup a couple 30W LED flood lights up this weekend to sort out my lighting, that should account for the more consistent colour throughout the review.

This is all still shot on my battered and bruised iPhone 5, I'm pretty impressed with it, being a phone and all.

Enjoy!

Stingray will be next weekend, being a mod, theres not a whole lot i can say about it. So I might do my PSA video as well (the video to warn people about dodgy clones i've encountered)

Last edited:
Righto! its that time of the week again :p Here's my HOBO V2 clone review.

I'm still learning my way around with audio, thats why it sucks so bad at the moment. But the camera work should be a little bit improved.

I've ordered myself a better camera, and a proper studio quality mic setup. All things being equal the new gear should be here before the end of the year :)

I also setup a couple 30W LED flood lights up this weekend to sort out my lighting, that should account for the more consistent colour throughout the review.

This is all still shot on my battered and bruised iPhone 5, I'm pretty impressed with it, being a phone and all.

Enjoy!

Stingray will be next weekend, being a mod, theres not a whole lot i can say about it. So I might do my PSA video as well (the video to warn people about dodgy clones i've encountered)

Hi @n0ugh7_zw
EXCELLENT video/photography and background music. Looks really, really good and professional.

Constructive criticism
- when you spoke, the background music was a bit loud so I sometimes couldn't hear properly what you were saying -
- not enough of your insights - that only came at the end for a short bit. I think you have a great knowledge of these devices and you need to share more of your thoughts. That is why people watch these sorts of videos. Perhaps one or two more "chat sessions" inbetween the excellent video

Another point is that I humbly suggest you change the title of this thread to something like "Greg's dripper and tank video reviews"

Excellent stuff man - you are doing such amazing videos!

Thanks @Silver, I need to do quite a bit of research into the audio. when i was editing the music and me speaking, sounded like they were at ideal levels. (the music being just loud enough to kill most of the hiss in my recording).But then all of a sudden as soon as YouTube got hold of it, everything went wonky. YouTube must have some automatic levels or something like that, which it applies to all videos as soon as they're uploaded. There must be someway of disabling it.

Hopefully having a better device to record the audio with, will help too. I ordered a studio grade condenser mic, along with a shock mount and a boom, and really long wires, so that it can be very close to me. I'm going to see about getting some sort of acoustic treatment for the room i'm using to record my reviews. That should eliminate the reverb, and also the need to have background music to hide the hiss.

As far as sharing more of my thoughts, I'll try spreading them out more evenly across the videos. Maybe some narration over the teardown/building section? That way it won't really increase the length of the videos.

Last edited:
Thanks @Silver, I need to do quite a bit of research into the audio. when i was editing the music and me speaking, sounded like they were at ideal levels. (the music being just loud enough to kill most of the hiss in my recording).But then all of a sudden as soon as YouTube got hold of it, everything went wonky. YouTube must have some automatic levels or something like that, which it applies to all videos as soon as they're uploaded. There must be someway of disabling it.

Hopefully having a better device to record the audio with, will help too. I ordered a studio grade condenser mic, along with a shock mount and a boom, and really long wires, so that it can be very close to me. I'm going to see about getting some sort of acoustic treatment for the room i'm using to record my reviews. That should eliminate the reverb, and also the need to have background music to hide the hiss.

As far as sharing more of my thoughts, I'll try spreading them out more evenly across the videos. Maybe some narration over the teardown/building section? That way it won't really increase the length of the videos.

Narration over parts of the video will work great. Share that wisdom!

I chose big dripper just for the name then saw the results, lol seems everyone had the same idea.

Awesome review mate and epic selection for the sound track, just love LP

Just goofing around my new gear, going to shoot my little boy review later on this evening.

After a long quiet patch... I'm back :p

Basically, me talking some crap, and a small PSA, on what clones to avoid. Apologies for the crappy audio.

my first waffle.

Video should be up in the next hour.

Back