Help on ego one mini vs istick30

Alan snyders

New Vaper
LV

Awards
Good day all
I am so sad and embarrassed to say this but I fell off the wagon,stopped using my ego one and went back to stinkies....

I know want to get back into it cause I seriously want to stop the stinkies..

I have the ego one but at times it leaks through the "adjustable air flow port.
Is there a way to stop this?

Another question I have is ,would it be worth I while to just go out and get a box mod?

I am thinking of the istick 30?
Is there or will there be any difference?

I dnt know much about vv/vw but upon research found the ego one can output up to 20 watts @4,2 ohms,
Which is almost similar to the istick 20? Would it be worth it to get the Istick if I have the ego one ?

Does the vv/vw really make a lot of difference ??

I really want to quit ciggs so need the best device what would help?
Thx

Hey again just to be clear
Would it be better to get I box mod device or going on with ego one just for getting off stinkies
Thx

From what I have read, you will always have a bit of leaking through the air holes of the Ego One atomizer. But that has to do with the atomizer, not the battery.

The Ego One battery is not variable power, so you cannot really fine tune your vape as with the iStick 30W, for example.

Tried and tested, with a better chance of getting you off the stinkies, are:
  1. An iStick 30W with the Aspire Nautilus Mini atomizer (BVC coils).
  2. The Kangertech Subox Mini Kit - http://www.ecigssa.co.za/intro-to-vaping-the-subox-mini-june-2015-edition.t12498/

From what I have read, you will always have a bit of leaking through the air holes of the Ego One atomizer. But that has to do with the atomizer, not the battery.

The Ego One battery is not variable power, so you cannot really fine tune your vape as with the iStick 30W, for example.

Tried and tested, with a better chance of getting you off the stinkies, are:
  1. An iStick 30W with the Aspire Nautilus Mini atomizer (BVC coils).
  2. The Kangertech Subox Mini Kit - http://www.ecigssa.co.za/intro-to-vaping-the-subox-mini-june-2015-edition.t12498/

Attachments

• dripsapor.jpg
    dripsapor.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 19
@Alan snyders as @Andre suggested, I would start with the Nautilus Mini. It has a draw very similar to a cigarette. Actually it has been the suggested device for new ex-stinky lovers world-wide - and for a very good reason.

@Alan snyders as @Andre suggested, I would start with the Nautilus Mini. It has a draw very similar to a cigarette. Actually it has been the suggested device for new ex-stinky lovers world-wide - and for a very good reason.

Thx for the reply coco,,
But I will still need a battery?
Can I just use the ego battery or will I need something like sub box mini or istick 30

Thx for the reply coco,,
But I will still need a battery?
Can I just use the ego battery or will I need something like sub box mini or istick 30
The Nautilus Mini will match up best with a vv/vw device - it is best between 10-12w. For me, 12w works well. Too much more and you will burn the wick, too much less and it won't be a satisfying inhale. For that reason I would also suggest it with an istick 30, rather than your ego battery which cannot be adjusted. If you prefer airy draws (for lung hits, rather than mouth-to-lung hits) and big clouds, the sub box mini would be a good bet. Purely as a stinky replacement I'd guess you'd prefer mouth-to-lung hits as it's a closer substitution.

I would also recommend the iStick 30W - you will get much better adjustable options as well as a longer battery life. It pairs really nicely. I do run my Mini's on an eGo battery every now and again, but do feel I get better performance out of my iStick.

(I swap a lot between MTL, TC & subohm tanks - each has their place)

Thx for the reply guys ,, at the moment,most of the suppliers dnt have the istick 30 in stock ,so I will just have to wait ..

Just one question ,if I get the nautilus mini on my ego one battery ,,will the vap be complete different or the same as compared to the normal tank on ego one ?

Thx for the reply guys ,, at the moment,most of the suppliers dnt have the istick 30 in stock ,so I will just have to wait ..

Just one question ,if I get the nautilus mini on my ego one battery ,,will the vap be complete different or the same as compared to the normal tank on ego one ?

If you are looking for the full kit, eCiggies (Walter) has them in-stock - http://eciggies.co.za/eCiggies_Kits/30Watt-iStick-Nautilus-MINI

As for your question: yes, you can use the Nautilus Mini on the Ego, you will find that the vapour is slightly less since it will fire at a slightly lower wattage than suggested earlier. Sucking on mine now, not as good as it can be with the a VW device, but nothing to sneeze at either. With a VW device such as the iStick (at around 12W as suggested earlier) you will just find more "oompf".

EDIT: PS: You can using it with the iStick 40W as well and when you decide to use TC mode with Ni coils down the line, then you will have a mod for that. (Just be sure to use it in Wattage mode until you have the right tank/coils) More vendors stock the 40W TC than the 30W currently, just more versatile.

I have the ego one as well as an Istic 30w Nautilus mini combo and the number of leaks I had on the ego one I can count on one hand. As for the nautilus mini yes it was a good tank but since I got the ego one my nautilus has been gathering dust. The ego one tank works well one the Istick 30w.

Long story short I don't think a nautilus with an Istick is an upgrade compared to the ego one I see it as a downgrade. If you are going to spend that kind of money rather buy the subox kit.

My 2c

I have the ego one as well as an Istic 30w Nautilus mini combo and the number of leaks I had on the ego one I can count on one hand. As for the nautilus mini yes it was a good tank but since I got the ego one my nautilus has been gathering dust. The ego one tank works well one the Istick 30w.

Long story short I don't think a nautilus with an Istick is an upgrade compared to the ego one I see it as a downgrade. If you are going to spend that kind of money rather buy the subox kit.

My 2c

Thx for your input Jan,
Do you have to sub box kit?
I almost ordered my istick and nautilus combo this morning,,
Now I dnt know anymore

Thx for your input Jan,
Do you have to sub box kit?
I almost ordered my istick and nautilus combo this morning,,
Now I dnt know anymore
From the replies above, from others' experience and from your own experience, I think we can safely say @Jan is the exception to the rule. Even if he is correct and you buy the iStick with Mini Aspire Nautilus, you will then be in a position to use both the Nautilus and the Ego One atomizer on the iStick at any rate.

That said, the Subox Mini kit is newer technology. It can take more juice, gives you more power options and gives you the option to build your own coils.

I don't have the subox kit but have used a friends and I am very impressed. The only reason why I don't have one is financial. Although to be honest in my situation it would make more sense just to buy that subtank mini that comes with the subox kit and use it on the Istick since I already own the Istick.

Btw does your ego one leak while standing upright? No tank likes to be put down on its side

Guys thx for all the replies ..it's a tough decision ,going tonight and getting my liquids from vapour mountain and most likely either a sub box mini or istick ..
Still not sure which one thou

I don't have the subox kit but have used a friends and I am very impressed. The only reason why I don't have one is financial. Although to be honest in my situation it would make more sense just to buy that subtank mini that comes with the subox kit and use it on the Istick since I already own the Istick.

Btw does your ego one leak while standing upright? No tank likes to be put down on its side

My tank leaks at times while I am vapping and times when I leave it upright

Never have any leaks on my Ego One’s and I have 6 of them, I only use 1 ohm CLR coils and rewick 28 ga kanthal, 5 wraps, 2mm di... and use high VG
Awesome flavour and good vapor, If you use high PG make sure to use more cotton.

I will gladly swop you for a iStick 30 and 2 Nautilus mini’s.......I wil never have enough Ego One’s

Last question how old is your coil? If you use the non rebuildable coils ie the standard coils and it is time for replacement they can leak (well happened to a friend of mine) I use the CLR coils and like I said no issues

I use the CLR coils,,
Can any one who have both the sub box mini kit aswell as the eleave istick 30 and nautilus min setup ,plz give advise as to which one they prefer

I use the CLR coils,,
Can any one who have both the sub box mini kit aswell as the eleave istick 30 and nautilus min setup ,plz give advise as to which one they prefer
HRH has both. She still prefers the iStick with mAN. I have tried both and far prefer the Subox Mini. Not much help for you, I know, but it is such a personal thing.
You are used to the Ego One - I think the Subox Mini will suit you better as the Ego One gives a solid and hard hit with ample clouds, which the mAN does not imo.
Good luck with your choice.

Compared to the ego one the nautilus has a very tight draw and produce a lot less vapour. A year ago it was enough for me but that is only because I did not know better.

Back