Help With New Vv/vw And Atty

RocketBoy

Analogue free for over 3 years
LV

Awards
Hey guys,
I know many people have been asking this and I have been reading through a bunch of threads about it.
Im looking for a new vv/vw device and a new atty/tank/cart combo.
In the past I have used:
510 thread M201 (never again!)
All kinds of twisp/etc/etc devices
Generic Lavatube VV
Innokin VV (the button and battery life were terrible both of mine the button eventually failed)
Currently using a evic easy on vv

Attys I have used mostly evod's but I have been through vivi nova tank, CE4/5/6 and a couple of others.

What Im really looking for is something that doesnt have the terribly flaky button on the innokin's and hopefully compatible with 18650 batteries i have about 10 of them lurking around.
Im also open to any suggestions and I prefer functionality over form so it doesnt matter what it looks like.

If possible I would prefer something that can be supplied locally.
Any help is appreciated!!

I have the Innokin VV V3 battery for sale and very different to the standard innokin style batteries. Possible the best small mod on the market. That is in my opinion.

Attachments

• IMG_4531.JPG
    IMG_4531.JPG
    346.5 KB · Views: 13
Hi @RocketBoy

Welcome to the forum

My only experience with electronic mods that take 18650 batts is the Innokin SVD.
It is a solid device and I have found mine to be reliable so far. Have had it for about 3 months.
It takes all three battery sizes and goes up to 15 Watts
It is quite large and bulky though - unfortunately, thats the problem with 18650 mode -

I know VapeKing stocks them and a few others - such as the SID and the newly launched 20 Watt Sigelei mod. (But that is quite expensive).

I have the Innokin VV V3 battery for sale and very different to the standard innokin style batteries. Possible the best small mod on the market. That is in my opinion.
Thanks for the reply Zeki.
Unfortunately I have two of those lying in a cupboard with collapsed buttons. Both mine and my wife's died a miserable death after about 3 months of use.

Hi @RocketBoy

Welcome to the forum

My only experience with electronic mods that take 18650 batts is the Innokin SVD.
It is a solid device and I have found mine to be reliable so far. Have had it for about 3 months.
It takes all three battery sizes and goes up to 15 Watts
It is quite large and bulky though - unfortunately, thats the problem with 18650 mode -

I know VapeKing stocks them and a few others - such as the SID and the newly launched 20 Watt Sigelei mod. (But that is quite expensive).

I was looking at that but it looked a little shorter possibly around 18350 sized. Its leading the pack in search at the moment with the MVP following in 2nd.

@RocketBoy Really... I'm really surprised... I've had nothing but great vaping from my 2. Good luck for what else you get and as @Silver days the SVD is a very robust unit. I also have one but don't use it with 18650 batteries as it's the size of a light saber.

@RocketBoy what budget are you looking at for a new device? Have you had any experience with mechanical mods?

@RocketBoy Really... I'm really surprised... I've had nothing but great vaping from my 2. Good luck for what else you get and as @Silver days the SVD is a very robust unit. I also have one but don't use it with 18650 batteries as it's the size of a light saber.

The 18650's always make things big but Im used to them by now. Its itaste VV probably died because I used it badly :(
It was a fantastic device up until that point and was my absolute favorite based on size and performance.

I have both the SVD and the MVP ;-)

SVD stands 14cm high in 18650 mode. It does take all the other battery sizes because it is telescoping. It is definitely a rugged mod and looks like it will go the distance given how mine is faring after a few months.

The MVP has its own internal 2600 mah battery. So, doesnt take 18650s. So wont make use of your spare 18650 batts. But it is a really amazing little thing. The battery life on it is super. Only goes up to 11 Watts - but for vaping on the normal type of Clearos like the mPT2 etc at around 8 Watts - it is super - lasts me very very long - like around 3 days. Check out the ECig reviews section - there is a thread for the Innokin MVP 2. Good commentary there by many members.

Only thing is - if you want to go higher in power and run things like RBAs etc - the SVD is still the better bet. For a while I used it to power my IGO-L dripper at 12.5 to 13.5 Watts - just smooth sailing.

@RocketBoy what budget are you looking at for a new device? Have you had any experience with mechanical mods?
Budget isnt too much of an issue with them, dont really want to spend crazy amounts on a device but I also want to get something that will work better than what I currently have.
I have never tried mechanical mods but have been interested in them for quite a while.
Any suggestions on those?

I have both the SVD and the MVP ;-)

SVD stands 14cm high in 18650 mode. It does take all the other battery sizes because it is telescoping. It is definitely a rugged mod and looks like it will go the distance given how mine is faring after a few months.

The MVP has its own internal 2600 mah battery. So, doesnt take 18650s. So wont make use of your spare 18650 batts. But it is a really amazing little thing. The battery life on it is super. Only goes up to 11 Watts - but for vaping on the normal type of Clearos like the mPT2 etc at around 8 Watts - it is super - lasts me very very long - like around 3 days. Check out the ECig reviews section - there is a thread for the Innokin MVP 2. Good commentary there by many members.

Only thing is - if you want to go higher in power and run things like RBAs etc - the SVD is still the better bet. For a while I used it to power my IGO-L dripper at 12.5 to 13.5 Watts - just smooth sailing.

I have always been interested in RBA's never tried them but I recon with all the info on here Im really keen to give it a go.

I have to say this forum is awesome, really didnt expect so many replies.
The people here rock!

On the forum from what I have seen, the Nemesis is quite a popular mechanical mod. I own one myself and I love the device to bits. Got one from a forum member who sells them, @Cape vaping supplies, and the build quality is really good.

A lot of other members on the forum have mechanical mods and I am sure when they get back to the forum they will be able to give you some insight into their views and experiences of the mech's that they own.

Unlike digimods (digital regulated mods) there are a few more important safety aspects you will need to take into consideration such as max amp draw of your battery and battery safety etc but the type of vape one gets from a mech cannot be matched, especially when setup with a decent RBA.

Get yourself the mvp 2.0 with an aerotank. That is all.

For now.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Im a little confused about the mech mods, I was looking at them on vapeking now and they dont seem to have a button to fire them. Are they not regulated i.e just run at whatever power is left in the battery?
I really need to do some reading up on them.

As reference for the safety aspect of mech mods: http://www.ecigssa.co.za/threads/important-mechanical-mod-safety.792/

I am currently using a Kayfun Lite Plus on my MVP2 and it works well. I am feeling the 11 watt limit though, so if you think building coils etc. is up your alley, the SVD or Sigelei 20watt may be better options. If your aim is to play with quad coil setups and sub-ohm, then mech mods are the way to go.

The mech mods on VapeKing site have their firing buttons on the bottom end of the mod. There is no regulation, so to control the heat of your coil, you build it to the required resistance.

@RocketBoy No need to be confused. The firing pin at the bottom of the Nem is a sprung loaded. By replacing with magnets instead of a spring the connection is better and stronger which in turn fires more smoothly.

Im a little confused about the mech mods, I was looking at them on vapeking now and they dont seem to have a button to fire them. Are they not regulated i.e just run at whatever power is left in the battery?
I really need to do some reading up on them.
I stand under correction but I think that the mods you were looking at were bottom firing mods, what this means is that the base of the mod is actually the fire button. So you push up on the bottom of the mech and it will fire. Unregulated means that there is no chip in the device, so you are running on whatever the battery has to offer, no cut off and there is the possibility of over draining your battery (battery safety comes into play here).

What @Zeki Hilmi was referring to is a modification some of us nemesis owners have done in that we replaced the spring in the fire button with magnets, gives it a firm feel to the button.

As @Rex_Bael has said, battery safety is paramount when going for a mech mod (don't get me wrong, it is quite important in any device), but does play a bigger factor in when it comes to mech mods. I would highly suggest doing as much research on the safety of batteries and mech mods and how to stay on the vape side of life. The link that @Rex_Bael has posted is a great start to understanding the nuances around battery safety and mech's.

If you are looking for a no nonsense safe easy to use and big battery life then the MVP with a Aerotank is a very good option.

But if you want to save money in the long run and spend a bit more now get an 18650 device... when you have been playing with as lot of devices you realise that until you start playing with drippers and RBA's etc an electrical mod like and SVD, SID or the top of the range Sigelei 20W with an Aspire Nautilus tank (Big tank that takes 5ml's and will last you all day) is the way to go.

The reason I say this is because I need a big tank so I don't have to worry about running out of juice or topping up during the day... and if the battery goes flat I always have a spare that I just pop in.

Once you start to play with the advanced stuff and making your own coils etc then look at a Mech Mod but if you want a tank system the mech mod isn't the way to go just yet.

Agreed with @BhavZ

@RocketBoy - if you go for a mech mod and rebuildable - you may well find that most (if not all) of your spare 18650 batts are not suitable.

Just to add... the Nautilus Tank is the best big tank on the market today without question.

@RocketBoy if you can please post some specs of the batteries you currently own. Make, chemistry, size etc.

Back