Help With New Vv/vw And Atty

OK boys I'm off to bed... gotta get up at 3:30am for another full days fooooshing! I'm broken... :confused:

Urk I watched that safety vid and I think the SVD or MVP are good bets for now. Mine travels extensively and I dont want any fukuppy's happening!!

Anybody got some advice for me? my mvp is no longer reading either my iclear 30b or the s. Both kayfuns and the IGO-w3 still work in it though. I hadn't used either of the iclears in awhile, so I was a bit disappointing to find them not functional in the mvp.

@RocketBoy, From what I have read so far, methinks you should consider the Sigelei 20 W, if it is within your price range. For the beginning your current batteries should be fine if you pair it with either an Aerotank or the Nautilus (both are best in class tanks). Down the road, should you consider a RBA like the Kayfun/Russian, the Sigelei will take you a long way, but then you will need new batteries (like the new Efest IMR 18650 2500 mAH). Should you decide not to go that way the Sigelei will still give you great power options and other functionalities.
The Sigelei 20 W got great online reviews and @Rob Fisher has all the currently available VV/VW devices on the market and prefers the Sigelei brand.
I mainly vape the Reo Grand mech, but do have an SVD and a Vamo (both VV/VW). I prefer the Vamo for its menu system and buttons.
All the best with your decision. Please keep us updated.

the center pin has most likely been pushed down by your kayfun or igow3. takr a tweaser and pull up a little bit

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk HD

the center pin has most likely been pushed down by your kayfun or igow3. takr a tweaser and pull up a little bit

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk HD

Thanks mate, I tiny flat screw driver gently around the pin did the trick

Rocketboy . Also look at a vtr for robust durability .

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Rocketboy . Also look at a vtr for robust durability .

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
I agree the VTR is a very well built electronic mod. Some complain that it is too heavy. And you have to modify it to fit certain tanks on it, like the Aerotank and the Nautilus.

And, as it happens, I have some brand new VTR's and attys for sale right now, please see the classifieds thread ..
:) (sorry, shameless self promotion here...)
http://www.ecigssa.co.za/threads/vtrs-and-innokin-iclear-x-1s-for-sale.1677/

These things are solid and reliable, no more rolling of a flat surface or falling over when someone bumps the table! Compact enough to easily fit in your pocket and with the position of the atomiser it is protected and less obtrusive. It's also got a 510 connector and extension tube and will fit anything you may already have.
Once you've set the required wattage EVERY hit is exactly as the one before it right up until the battery passes out, and that takes a heavy vaper like me a full day to achieve!

I have an idea we shall have to disallow anyone from punting their stuff in the classified in the general forum. This does leave a sense of not being impartial. Of course all us are subjective to some extent as we speak from our experiences, but this goes beyond this point for me.

Hey @RocketBoy ...another slunnen vaper, that makes 3 of us actively on the forum. @crack2483 is the other.

Being in East London, you always have the problem of not being able to see the vaping gear before purchase. I have an SVD and MVP if you would like to have a look before you make your mind up.

I think we should look at having a vape meet sometime. I have another 8 or so friends and family members that could join.

@RocketBoy - I think @ShaneW is offering you an excellent opportunity to check these devices out
I say go do it and feel which you prefer.

@Matthee I do agree with you on over eager members trying to sell gear to newbies who are asking for advice in the general forums. This should be discouraged or disallowed.

Last edited:
I agree with @ShaneW, if possible, check his gear out. I myself only have a mvp and that was purely based on recommendations etc from this forum. A mini meet would be awesome. I can bring whatever juices I have left as well for tastings.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Good luck for an East London vape meet.
Take a photo if you guys get together

Oops, sorry for the sales pitch. In retrospect recommending gear which one also have for sale can be considered somewhat unethical.

As a newbie vaper myself (4 weeks now) I was just excited about the VTR (I got mine three days ago) AND being able to offer one available.

When I went looking for a VTR nobody had stock or was R200 more than the average price here in SA, because of that I nearly just quit vaping entirely, the twisp just didn't cut it for me. Available then was the SVD but with atty and a proper battery was too long for my taste and the internal battery on the MVP does not allow swapping out, effectively tying it down while charging and limiting the device's effective lifespan.

Thanks for all the help guys, I decided to go with a SVD and an aerotank for now. Will also get a RBA and start experimenting there. I can move on to a mech mod later when I have a bit more experience with RBA's.

All the best and let us know how it goes

@RocketBoy if you can please post some specs of the batteries you currently own. Make, chemistry, size etc.
I just checked them, most of them are Samsung ICR's and I dont really think they would be suitable for mech mods. They dont show max amps stats on the battery so I would be a little reluctant to try them.
I would have to get another couple when I go down that route for safety sake after watching the vids on it.

And, as it happens, I have some brand new VTR's and attys for sale right now, please see the classifieds thread ..
:) (sorry, shameless self promotion here...)
http://www.ecigssa.co.za/threads/vtrs-and-innokin-iclear-x-1s-for-sale.1677/

These things are solid and reliable, no more rolling of a flat surface or falling over when someone bumps the table! Compact enough to easily fit in your pocket and with the position of the atomiser it is protected and less obtrusive. It's also got a 510 connector and extension tube and will fit anything you may already have.
Once you've set the required wattage EVERY hit is exactly as the one before it right up until the battery passes out, and that takes a heavy vaper like me a full day to achieve!

That is sad, I probably would have gone for one of those but I placed an order last night already for a bunch of juices, atty's and the SVD.
My wife will soon need a new device too and I think that is more up her alley, will check with her.

Good luck for an East London vape meet.
Take a photo if you guys get together
Yeah I think I need to get one together. I have 3 colleagues and 4 friends that I have converted from analogues so its a small group to get started on!

Hey @RocketBoy ...another slunnen vaper, that makes 3 of us actively on the forum. @crack2483 is the other.

Being in East London, you always have the problem of not being able to see the vaping gear before purchase. I have an SVD and MVP if you would like to have a look before you make your mind up.

I think we should look at having a vape meet sometime. I have another 8 or so friends and family members that could join.
I cant for the life of me figure out why I didnt see this post!
We should definitely have a meet sometime, I ordered a SVD last night already so I think Im sold on that for now but really keen on having a meet sometime.

solid choice there rocketboy, and rebuilding the aerotanks coils will start you on your coiling journey :)

Ah, now looking forward to some vape mail. Please keep us updated with your experience of the new gear.

You won't be disappointed with the SVD, really awesome device. And since you have batteries (and charger I'm sure) that's one less expense the SVD list.

My only gripe with the SVD is the size in 18650 mode, doesn't fit in my jean pant pocket.

Back